There are no debates

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2014, 10:43 PM
RE: There are no debates
(01-02-2014 02:06 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(01-02-2014 01:48 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Tonight's Debate: Star Trek is superior to Star Wars.

Consider

There's nothing to debate on that. Star Trek is way better. Angel

[Image: grumpy-cat-8141_preview_zps9177ab07.png]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2014, 11:36 PM
(02-02-2014 11:11 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(01-02-2014 07:48 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  Hey Rahn127,

Could you please show me an example of a well-publicised AvT debate where the theist opponent disputed a matter of fact being put by their atheist counterpart.

I'm not talking about opposite opinions being contentious. I want to see an example of a theist being presented with something factual (which they didn't know,) and yet they nonetheless stick to their gainsaying.

Since you assert that this is quite typical of AvT debates I'm sure you won't have any difficulty finding some examples.

Thanks in advance.
Go read any debate. I guarantee you your example will be there. But I'm also sure you will then deny it by doing exactly what the OP said.

Deny what?
Show me an example.
03-02-2014, 12:05 AM
*Holds up hand*

There is a Youtube video with...um. an Atheist.. I think her goes by the moniker 'Lightfoot'? He has a chat on a campus with Kevin Hovind and Hovind admits/changes his mind.

No time to go looking for said vid, but perhaps some one has better Youtube-foo than I and can provide the link?

Does that help answer your question, Lion IRC?

Very much cheers to all.
03-02-2014, 12:19 AM
(02-02-2014 11:36 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  Deny what?
Show me an example.

Go to the youtube homepage. In the search bar, type "Richard Dawkins Wendy Wright." I guarantee you every single video for the first dozen pages will give you more examples than you know what to do with.

And keep in mind that this is only *one * conversation between *two* people.

This phenomenon (the act of theists denying plain & simple facts presented by atheists) is literally SO WIDELY spread that it has reached a meme and cliched status. So, as I've already stated, if you truly don't understand that this is happening, I very sincerely doubt that us giving you the actual examples is going to do any good.

If you want to know what color the sky is, you have to go outside and LOOK UP instead of demanding that everyone else prove the color to you. There is literally no possible way for you to not know that this happens on a regular basis if you live in the same objective, physical reality that the rest of us do.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
03-02-2014, 12:20 AM
Common deliberate and incorrect Christian arguments I see a lot are:-
1. So you're saying we come from monkeys?
2. So even though evolution is totally random we have just poofed in to existence?
3. We can't come from nothing!
4. The big bang must have had God cause it!
5. The universe is 6000 years old.
6. Dinosaurs didn't exist.
7. Mankind lived with dinosaurs.

... ... I'm not going to continue, it's too easy. A quick youtube search will show numerous examples of any of these. ... However, as I read this post back, I feel it's disingenuous to call these Christian fallacies. The examples I have given are specifically creationist lunacy and it is not fair to level all of Christianity with them. ... (except for 3 & 4 to an extent)

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member