There are some wonderful people here.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-08-2015, 07:37 PM
RE: There are some wonderful people here.
Yay, I love group hug threads!! Hug love you all Big Grin Hug Heart

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Smercury44's post
06-08-2015, 07:38 PM
Awww geeezzze....

If we're gonna get so "touchy-feely" can't we get a good grope or two in????

heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
06-08-2015, 08:18 PM
(06-08-2015 07:02 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I agree, this is my sanctuary, and it is the people that make it great. This place will be even more important to me when I move to bum-fuck Tennessee next year, where I have to hide my views, cant wear my atheist tshirts etc because I might get strung up to the nearest tree, or just *POOF* disappear one day.....Unsure

But I will still have TTA!

You'll fly the flag with grace when appropriate, and feel no shame when you have to hunker down. The folk up there are religious, no doubt, but they were polite to me when I lived there 30 years ago, openly atheist. Just get ready for a bunch of "god bless you"s and know that they aren't attacks.

What part are you moving to?
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
06-08-2015, 08:33 PM
(06-08-2015 08:18 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 07:02 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I agree, this is my sanctuary, and it is the people that make it great. This place will be even more important to me when I move to bum-fuck Tennessee next year, where I have to hide my views, cant wear my atheist tshirts etc because I might get strung up to the nearest tree, or just *POOF* disappear one day.....Unsure

But I will still have TTA!

You'll fly the flag with grace when appropriate, and feel no shame when you have to hunker down. The folk up there are religious, no doubt, but they were polite to me when I lived there 30 years ago, openly atheist. Just get ready for a bunch of "god bless you"s and know that they aren't attacks.

Dandridge, bout 40 mins or so from knoxville I believe, beautiful place, good place to retire....and military retirement there is tax free Big Grin

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
06-08-2015, 08:41 PM
I would not be the same without this forum.

And about the grouping it depends.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 6 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
06-08-2015, 08:51 PM
(06-08-2015 08:33 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 08:18 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  You'll fly the flag with grace when appropriate, and feel no shame when you have to hunker down. The folk up there are religious, no doubt, but they were polite to me when I lived there 30 years ago, openly atheist. Just get ready for a bunch of "god bless you"s and know that they aren't attacks.

Dandridge, bout 40 mins or so from knoxville I believe, beautiful place, good place to retire....and military retirement there is tax free Big Grin

<nods> If you like the outdoors, TN is a great place.

Best of luck to you, ma'am.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
07-08-2015, 09:06 AM
(06-08-2015 08:33 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 08:18 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  You'll fly the flag with grace when appropriate, and feel no shame when you have to hunker down. The folk up there are religious, no doubt, but they were polite to me when I lived there 30 years ago, openly atheist. Just get ready for a bunch of "god bless you"s and know that they aren't attacks.

You won't have to hide your atheism. You will simply experience social ostracism, the occasional bigoted, idiotic remark, and a goodly share of pity. Your house will also be a popular destination with many local churches' outreach ministries. The well-meaning older women paired with a few slightly embarrassed youth will come by to share the love of Christ with you.

As long as you do not care for or want to be a part of the social networks whose foundations rest on which church you attend, you do not work somewhere where being "godly" is seen as a requirement for promotion, and you do not have young children that will be bullied by the other kids for their parents' religious views... you should be fine! Confused

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 2 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
07-08-2015, 09:08 AM
(06-08-2015 07:38 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Awww geeezzze....

If we're gonna get so "touchy-feely" can't we get a good grope or two in????

heh

You have to go to the sexy banter thread for that kind of action.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
07-08-2015, 09:21 AM
The average level of intelligence, eloquence, and compassion among the membership here is easily the highest of any forum I've frequented. It's perhaps not the most FUN place I hang out on the internet; the guitar and beer-brewing fora I hang out on are perhaps a bit more "chill" in their environments. But this place is kinda like the smart witty folks from all the nooks and crannies of the Net ended up in one place. We deal with some fairly heavy and lofty topics with real aplomb it seems to me.
[+] 6 users Like Mr. Boston's post
07-08-2015, 09:54 AM
(07-08-2015 09:21 AM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  The average level of intelligence, eloquence, and compassion among the membership here is easily the highest of any forum I've frequented. It's perhaps not the most FUN place I hang out on the internet; the guitar and beer-brewing fora I hang out on are perhaps a bit more "chill" in their environments. But this place is kinda like the smart witty folks from all the nooks and crannies of the Net ended up in one place. We deal with some fairly heavy and lofty topics with real aplomb it seems to me.

You're a regular at GF, right?