There are some wonderful people here.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2016, 06:08 PM
RE: There are some wonderful people here.
(07-02-2016 11:43 PM)carol Wrote:  
(07-02-2016 11:15 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Hug

Fuck the internet, I'd hug you in real life too. Life is too short to not enjoy hugs.

Thank you! Here is a hug back and some coffee and lasagna. Or, tea and a cookie. Your choice.
Hug

My mother made great lasagna. I'll always take anything and lasagna.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
08-02-2016, 06:42 PM
08-02-2016, 06:44 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2016 06:58 PM by carol.)
(08-02-2016 06:08 PM)julep Wrote:  
(07-02-2016 11:43 PM)carol Wrote:  Thank you! Here is a hug back and some coffee and lasagna. Or, tea and a cookie. Your choice.
Hug

My mother made great lasagna. I'll always take anything and lasagna.

I love to cook for people! It makes me happy to feed them. I set up the table on the little sunroom in the back. Come get some! The room has untreated pine walls, and is barely large enough to fit a small table, four chairs, a bookshelf and a rocking chair. There is a little kerosene heater in the corner to make it cozy but the floor is very cold, protect your feet with slippers. Large windows on three sides face outdoors, and it is snowing. You can see apple trees, and further back tall pine trees that cover a small mountain. In the snow there are some rabbit tracks leading to the pine trees and several gardens waiting for spring. The table has some napkins that do not match made of flannel, and some mismatched plates ,cups, and silverware. On the table are two wine bottles, and a large lasagna which just came out of the oven and is still hot. I put it on a little trivet to keep the shakey wooden table safe. ( I really should fix that, but need some wood glue) A nice salad, some hot water for tea, and honey from my bee hives. Coffee and apple crisp. Please BYOB and we will make it a potluck. We can play cards against humanity while we eat.Evil_monster
[+] 5 users Like carol's post
08-02-2016, 06:57 PM
(08-02-2016 06:44 PM)carol Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 06:08 PM)julep Wrote:  My mother made great lasagna. I'll always take anything and lasagna.

I love to cook for people! It makes me happy to feed them. I set up the table on the little sunroom in the back. Come get some! The room has untreated pine walls, and is barely large enough to fit a small table, four chairs, a bookshelf and a rocking chair. There is a little kerosene heater in the corner to make it cozy but the floor is very cold, protect your feet with slippers. Large windows on three sides face outdoors, and it is snowing. You can see apple trees, and further back tall pine trees that cover a small mountain. In the snow there are some rabbit tracks leading to the pine trees and several gardens waiting for spring. The table has some napkins that do not match made of flannel, and some mismatched plates ,cups, and silverware. On the table are two wine bottles, and a large lasagna which just came out of the oven and is still hot. I put it on a little trivet to keep the shakey wooden table safe. ( I really should fix that, but need some wood glue) A nice salad, some hot water for tea, and honey from my bee hives. Coffee and apple crisp. Please BYOB and we will make it a potluck. We can play cards against humanity while we eat.Evil_monster

I'll bring the glue. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
08-02-2016, 06:59 PM
(08-02-2016 06:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 06:44 PM)carol Wrote:  I love to cook for people! It makes me happy to feed them. I set up the table on the little sunroom in the back. Come get some! The room has untreated pine walls, and is barely large enough to fit a small table, four chairs, a bookshelf and a rocking chair. There is a little kerosene heater in the corner to make it cozy but the floor is very cold, protect your feet with slippers. Large windows on three sides face outdoors, and it is snowing. You can see apple trees, and further back tall pine trees that cover a small mountain. In the snow there are some rabbit tracks leading to the pine trees and several gardens waiting for spring. The table has some napkins that do not match made of flannel, and some mismatched plates ,cups, and silverware. On the table are two wine bottles, and a large lasagna which just came out of the oven and is still hot. I put it on a little trivet to keep the shakey wooden table safe. ( I really should fix that, but need some wood glue) A nice salad, some hot water for tea, and honey from my bee hives. Coffee and apple crisp. Please BYOB and we will make it a potluck. We can play cards against humanity while we eat.Evil_monster

I'll bring the glue. Yes

glad that you are coming, be on my team when we play cards...we will winSmile
08-02-2016, 09:19 PM
(08-02-2016 06:08 PM)julep Wrote:  My mother made great lasagna. I'll always take anything and lasagna.

I can bring some corner blocks and a pneumatic nail gun to fix that rickety table, but you have to have an air compressor handy. Or, maybe I can just use some wood screws with the blocks. When I'm done, you could do the can-can on it if you wanted. Angel

I've heard about CaH; I think that I may have too much empathy for a really good game, unless the other players are really good sports.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
08-02-2016, 09:58 PM
(08-02-2016 09:19 PM)Fireball Wrote:  

I can bring some corner blocks and a pneumatic nail gun to fix that rickety table, but you have to have an air compressor handy. Or, maybe I can just use some wood screws with the blocks. When I'm done, you could do the can-can on it if you wanted. Angel

I've heard about CaH; I think that I may have too much empathy for a really good game, unless the other players are really good sports.

I think cards against humanity is too absurd to interfere with empathy, it is mostly about sexual jokes and absurdly dark humor. - occasionally you may find a card that is just too much, but because everyone is laughing and you have had too much wine,you will be fine. Big Grin Because you have different cards to choose you can pick things that are less objectionable, although you will lose. I have a very dark sense of humor...Evil_monster
I think we are all going to be good sports,....you will have good company, warm feet, wine, lasagna and apple crisp too.
The table is a problem though...it is on it's last legs...Dodgy I didn't want nails to show but may have to nail it. I think it may crack though, it is very old. I will worry about it tomorrow after I dig out, it snowed a bit here. I will turn it upside down tomorrow and see what I can do...thanks for the virtual nail gun loan. I have a virtual air compressor here.
The can-can? Can I do the can-can? I can... (now I hear the can-can in my head) I think my brain was designed to memorize all the music I hear, instead of having a sense of direction. Yes
08-02-2016, 10:05 PM
(06-08-2015 07:02 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I agree, this is my sanctuary, and it is the people that make it great. This place will be even more important to me when I move to bum-fuck Tennessee next year, where I have to hide my views, cant wear my atheist tshirts etc because I might get strung up to the nearest tree, or just *POOF* disappear one day.....Unsure

But I will still have TTA!

That's my home town he describes with such love for the record. Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
09-02-2016, 01:16 AM
Lasagna?

Here's mine.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
09-02-2016, 03:32 AM
(08-02-2016 05:00 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 04:59 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Or rubber cheese.

[Image: kraft+velveeta.jpg]

Rainbow Vomit
What the fuck is that?

Velveeta tastes a little like........um.........I'm trying to think.Consider

Got it! If you mixed silicon chafing gel with plasticine modeling clay you'd get the taste of Velveeta.

Here's a visual.

[Image: Buy_MONISTAT-Soothing-Care-Chafing-Relie...pore_1.jpg]

[Image: EDRM500CTC_modelling_clay_terracotta_500grm.jpg]

=

[Image: k2-_11d160e9-bdc2-4088-bfc0-67cce9d69bac...50x450.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.