There are two sides. Teach the controversy.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-11-2013, 12:30 PM
There are two sides. Teach the controversy.
Shocking

Nonsense is nonsense, but the history of nonsense is a very important science.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Abdul Alhazred's post
03-11-2013, 12:45 PM
RE: There are two sides. Teach the controversy.
Summary:

Speaker 1: The Koran says the world is flat
Speaker 2: This grade school science book from 1977 I'm holding would disagree.

[+] 2 users Like ridethespiral's post
03-11-2013, 01:22 PM
Speechless....almost.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
03-11-2013, 01:37 PM
wow... wow...umm... I'm almost speechlessTongue
This is what happens when you take holy books literally. You can't use "science" of the ancient world and apply it today.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
03-11-2013, 02:30 PM
(03-11-2013 12:30 PM)Abdul Alhazred Wrote:  Shocking

Where do you find this stuff? To think that area of the world once was on the cutting edge of scientific discovery...1000 years ago...before religions strangle hold. Lucky for them they have oil. But what happens who it's all gone?
Weeping

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

03-11-2013, 02:35 PM
Why do they even waste their time debating with people like that? Why even give them the time of day? All you do is entertain the general public and give them the illusion that they have something of value they are debating. It's .... a total waste of time.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
03-11-2013, 02:40 PM
Dude with the book , respect. I imagined hitchens or dawkins in that position would have dropped the F bomb.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
03-11-2013, 03:00 PM
I like your "teach the controversy" jab at the intelligent design crowd. I'm sure even they would think this video is absurd even though the flat earth guy is doing the same thing they do at Answers in Genesis. If there is a contradiction between the Bible and science, the Bible takes precedence. Sad

The other thing they don't realize is that if they open door to allow "creation science" to be taught in schools, they also risk letting this kind of crap in too.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
03-11-2013, 03:13 PM
(03-11-2013 03:00 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I like your "teach the controversy" jab at the intelligent design crowd. I'm sure even they would think this video is absurd even though the flat earth guy is doing the same thing they do at Answers in Genesis. If there is a contradiction between the Bible and science, the Bible takes precedence. Sad

The other thing they don't realize is that if they open door to allow "creation science" to be taught in schools, they also risk letting this kind of crap in too.

Yes, this. Just like when I think it was Louisiana (?) was surprised when Muslim charter schools showed up because they just assumed only Christian schools would apply.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-11-2013, 03:23 PM
(03-11-2013 03:00 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I like your "teach the controversy" jab at the intelligent design crowd. I'm sure even they would think this video is absurd even though the flat earth guy is doing the same thing they do at Answers in Genesis. If there is a contradiction between the Bible and science, the Bible takes precedence. Sad

The other thing they don't realize is that if they open door to allow "creation science" to be taught in schools, they also risk letting this additional kind of crap in too.

Fixed that for you. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]