There are two sides. Teach the controversy.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-11-2013, 03:26 PM
RE: There are two sides. Teach the controversy.
(03-11-2013 03:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-11-2013 03:00 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I like your "teach the controversy" jab at the intelligent design crowd. I'm sure even they would think this video is absurd even though the flat earth guy is doing the same thing they do at Answers in Genesis. If there is a contradiction between the Bible and science, the Bible takes precedence. Sad

The other thing they don't realize is that if they open door to allow "creation science" to be taught in schools, they also risk letting this additional kind of crap in too.

Fixed that for you. Thumbsup

Oops. I appreciate the correction! Smartass

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2013, 04:27 PM
The Qu'ran actually mentions planets orbiting at some point, I've forgotten... just shows how uneducated they are about their own faith. To the teach the controversy people: what controversy besides the one you've created? Evolution is the most likely way we got here, accept that (I personally think it is truth).
03-11-2013, 05:28 PM
This Koran-thumper exudes ignorance that is just simply painful.

That guy with the old science book should have really pressed the points about orbiting satellites, photos and videos from space.
Evidently, he's unfamiliar with global air travel, too. Does he think that a plane flight from Japan to Hawaii crosses over Asia, Africa, the Atlantic, and Central America? Hell, any entry-level travel agent could provide plenty of evidence of a spherical Earth.

It's just sad that this kind of antiquated thinking is allowed any attention at all.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
03-11-2013, 06:24 PM
There are two sides. Teach the controversy.
I have debated Muslims who say that the Quran says the earth is round, and that it predicted many other scientific discoveries.
Those claims are unfounded though.