There is NO "reason" to hit a woman...Right?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2016, 12:02 AM
RE: There is NO "reason" to hit a woman...Right?
(25-04-2016 04:24 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Thinking about this...............

What about a woman who beats a guy????

Think it doesn't happen????

errrrrnnnnnnttt [sound of "wrong answer" buzzer]

Years back -- the woman I was living with --- her sister had the dubious distinction of being the first woman in Michigan of being convicted under the new "spousal abuse law" that had just been passed...... She was probably 50 lbs heavier than her husband at the time --- and she'd get drunked up and knock him around....................

THIS TIME -- the cops showed up -- they dragged her ass off to jail, when she'd dotted hubby's eye, when she got tanked..............

Under the new law -- the cops have free reign to charge either spouse --- without the beaten spouse having to press charges..................

She's chilled out a bit since then I guess -- last time I ran into them - they were still married.............

Go figure...

I had a live-in who attacked me with a lead-crystal candlestick holder when I gave her walking papers (lease was in my name, she moved in one bag at a time). When the cops arrived, I was told that if I wanted her arrested, I'd have to go downtown too, for the actions I took defending myself.

This was California in 1995, I don't know if the protocol has changed. I do know that women can and do sometimes abuse men.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
26-04-2016, 12:09 AM
<edited. misunderstood>
26-04-2016, 05:26 AM
"Never hit anybody." Hmmm. Obi-wan would say only the Sith deal in absolutes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-04-2016, 05:55 AM
(26-04-2016 05:26 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  "Never hit anybody." Hmmm. Obi-wan would say only the Sith deal in absolutes.
So Obi-wan is Sith too.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
26-04-2016, 07:04 AM
(26-04-2016 05:55 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 05:26 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  "Never hit anybody." Hmmm. Obi-wan would say only the Sith deal in absolutes.
So Obi-wan is Sith too.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

Well spotted. Big Grin
26-04-2016, 07:54 AM
(26-04-2016 12:02 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(25-04-2016 04:24 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Thinking about this...............

What about a woman who beats a guy????

Think it doesn't happen????

errrrrnnnnnnttt [sound of "wrong answer" buzzer]

Years back -- the woman I was living with --- her sister had the dubious distinction of being the first woman in Michigan of being convicted under the new "spousal abuse law" that had just been passed...... She was probably 50 lbs heavier than her husband at the time --- and she'd get drunked up and knock him around....................

THIS TIME -- the cops showed up -- they dragged her ass off to jail, when she'd dotted hubby's eye, when she got tanked..............

Under the new law -- the cops have free reign to charge either spouse --- without the beaten spouse having to press charges..................

She's chilled out a bit since then I guess -- last time I ran into them - they were still married.............

Go figure...

I had a live-in who attacked me with a lead-crystal candlestick holder when I gave her walking papers (lease was in my name, she moved in one bag at a time). When the cops arrived, I was told that if I wanted her arrested, I'd have to go downtown too, for the actions I took defending myself.

This was California in 1995, I don't know if the protocol has changed. I do know that women can and do sometimes abuse men.

Just 'candlestick', no 'holder'. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
26-04-2016, 11:08 AM
(26-04-2016 07:54 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 12:02 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I had a live-in who attacked me with a lead-crystal candlestick holder when I gave her walking papers (lease was in my name, she moved in one bag at a time). When the cops arrived, I was told that if I wanted her arrested, I'd have to go downtown too, for the actions I took defending myself.

Just 'candlestick', no 'holder'. Thumbsup

Glad you got the important part of the post. Smile
26-04-2016, 04:21 PM
(25-04-2016 09:30 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(25-04-2016 09:23 AM)Banjo Wrote:  No, because the word is spelled "arsehole". Smile

I stand corrected, no need to be an arse hole about it Sadcryface2

I'm a whole arse. Big Grin

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
26-04-2016, 04:24 PM
(25-04-2016 02:15 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(25-04-2016 09:52 AM)morondog Wrote:  Rolleyes What would be the point? It's not like you'd be capable of doing anything.

I'm capable of totally wrecking your anus. Nobody would hear your farts afterwards because you would be so loose.

That's borderline sexual harassment, KUS.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
26-04-2016, 05:29 PM
This topic reminded me of this:

[Image: alice-20kramden.jpg]

As a secondary point, if we can have a beloved 50s sitcom that made routine jokes on the idea of spousal abuse and domestic violence, we can certainly laugh at the topic without overreacting and equating said joke with actually condoning spousal abuse and domestic violence.

Put another way: everyone needs to lighten up. When did the world turn so fucking serious?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost