There is a ghost in my brain

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2013, 09:18 AM
There is a ghost in my brain
So one year after my husband died, he does not occupy all my thoughts anymore, the triggers are diminishing. No longer does it hit me when I buy one steak instead of two, put out one fork and knife instead of two, and so on and so on, countless daily triggers are slowly subsiding.

So it's all over? Not by a long shot.

Now he sits in my brain and interjects his opinions. Not that I don't value them, always have.

Example: Yesterday afternoon I go outside to find that the water pipe going up the outside of the barn has burst and water is gushing all over the place. (took all day almost to thaw out and gush). So I am thinking: "who do I call?" So I am thinking Bill, and hubby pipes up and say "no, not him, call Carl, he is the better plumber".

It was almost like I could hear it. I have never had voices in my head before, it is unsettling.

Of course hubby was right, Carl is the better plumber and I called him and it got fixed asap.

Now, I did know Carl is the better plumber, this fact was already in my brain and probably would have surfaced before I actually called Bill. And, hubby often preferred Carl to Bill. I knew that too.

So this isn't new information.

But what's up with that voice in my head? Is there a permanent "hubby section" in my brain now that pops up when shit happens that he would have commented on?

Maybe that's what people mean when they say someone "lives on inside of us". The above is but one example of a number of occurrances.

Yikes, there is a ghost living in my brain!

Unsure

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post

Messages In This Thread
There is a ghost in my brain - Dom - 16-01-2013 09:18 AM
RE: There is a ghost in my brain - DLJ - 16-01-2013, 10:49 AM
RE: There is a ghost in my brain - Dom - 16-01-2013, 11:52 AM
RE: There is a ghost in my brain - Anjele - 16-01-2013, 12:09 PM
RE: There is a ghost in my brain - Chas - 16-01-2013, 01:21 PM
RE: There is a ghost in my brain - kim - 16-01-2013, 01:37 PM
RE: There is a ghost in my brain - Luminon - 18-01-2013, 12:56 PM
RE: There is a ghost in my brain - Dom - 18-01-2013, 01:07 PM