There is danger in dogma, whoever is behind it.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2013, 08:36 PM
RE: There is danger in dogma, whoever is behind it.
(03-04-2013 08:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 08:11 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  But it isn't just happening at a State level is it?

It will never happen at the Federal level. It can't, by decree.

National election → President → appoints Supreme Court Judges → rule on Federal laws

or

State election → State Representatives to Congress and House → propose laws → enact laws

That's what I see G-Man

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
03-04-2013, 08:52 PM
(03-04-2013 08:36 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 08:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  It will never happen at the Federal level. It can't, by decree.

National election → President → appoints Supreme Court Judges → rule on Federal laws ...

And, most importantly, the Constitutionality of State Laws.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
03-04-2013, 09:47 PM
(03-04-2013 08:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 08:36 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  National election → President → appoints Supreme Court Judges → rule on Federal laws ...

And, most importantly, the Constitutionality of State Laws.

It is unconstitutional at the federal level, and federal case law prevents any state from enshrining a religion.

Can't happen. Those fuckheads do not understand the law.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
03-04-2013, 10:02 PM
(03-04-2013 09:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 08:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And, most importantly, the Constitutionality of State Laws.

It is unconstitutional at the federal level, and federal case law prevents any state from enshrining a religion.

And they fucking try anyway, the electorate that voted them in should be motherfucking ashamed of themselves. ... embarrassed even.

03-04-2013, 10:05 PM
(03-04-2013 09:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 08:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And, most importantly, the Constitutionality of State Laws.

Clarification is needed: I'm referring to such things as Roe v Wade, underfunding science and research including stem-cell, NASA etc and NOT enshrining a religion.

If you look at my first response to the quote from the article it has to do why neo-atheists are up at arms.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
03-04-2013, 10:05 PM
(03-04-2013 10:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 09:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  It is unconstitutional at the federal level, and federal case law prevents any state from enshrining a religion.

And they fucking try anyway, the electorate that voted them in should be motherfucking ashamed of themselves.

Gerrymandering is really screwing this country up.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
03-04-2013, 10:11 PM
(03-04-2013 10:05 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 10:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And they fucking try anyway, the electorate that voted them in should be motherfucking ashamed of themselves.

Gerrymandering is really screwing this country up.

Big time. But we're gonna work through it, 'cause that's what the fuck we do.

04-04-2013, 07:33 AM
(03-04-2013 07:16 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'd been an atheist (or I guess more properly a "meist" since I am my own personal Lord and Savior ...
I think I'm a mehist myself. As in "meh, much more interesting things in this world than discussing imaginary beings and fictional characters ad nauseam." Esp. such badly written characters. What-thefuck-ever. [Image: ththbored.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
04-04-2013, 08:01 AM
(04-04-2013 07:33 AM)Vera Wrote:  I think I'm a mehist myself. As in "meh, much more interesting things in this world than discussing imaginary beings and fictional characters ad nauseam." Esp. such badly written characters. What-thefuck-ever. [Image: ththbored.gif]

Cool, what woud you like to talk about?
I am fluent in marine invasive species, photography, income producing real estate, building construction, snark, investing, travel, sarcasm, dog training, birding and maybe some other shit that I can't think of at the moment Yes

04-04-2013, 08:10 AM
(04-04-2013 08:01 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Cool, what would you like to talk about?
I am fluent in marine invasive species, photography, income producing real estate, building construction, snark, investing, travel, sarcasm, dog training, birding and maybe some other shit that I can't think of at the moment Yes

Everything but investing and that real estate thing are a-okay with me. Not too keen on dog training either, though, not much of an imposer of my will, me... Smartass

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."