There is no "war on women"
Except when there is...

http://mobile.rawstory.com/therawstory/#...186cc54a36
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes BrokenQuill92's post
08-02-2014, 01:25 PM
RE: There is no "war on women"
It is a sexist bill, but I wouldn't say it's a war on women. I'd rather say it's a war on freedom

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
08-02-2014, 01:38 PM
I got about 32 seconds in where I heard "Right to Conscience" and had to pause. Fucking kidding me?
08-02-2014, 01:39 PM
It's almost like " do no harm" never existed
08-02-2014, 11:59 PM
I'd rather see a bill that prohibits workers from 'opting out' of procedures they don't like, and holds the workers 100% personally responsible for any lawsuits, rather than their employer, if they do. The time to 'opt out' is before accepting the job.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
09-02-2014, 12:41 AM
I have no idea what refusing to help a woman during a miscarriage has to do with being "pro-life". I've had two. I had surgery for both. There was no life. Period. I did have a doctor who didn't want to do the surgery but he is very hands off and wanted to let it happen on it's own. I went to someone else, waited two freaking weeks and then she did the surgery because I was physically and emotionally miserable. Why would a pro-life person want to turn me away? Makes no sense.

If you were in the middle of actively miscarrying a 15 week fetus, turning you away would be less pro-life than trying to do something. That's ignoring both lives. So again, how is that pro life?
[+] 4 users Like Dena's post
09-02-2014, 12:56 AM
(09-02-2014 12:41 AM)Dena Wrote:  I have no idea what refusing to help a woman during a miscarriage has to do with being "pro-life". I've had two. I had surgery for both. There was no life. Period. I did have a doctor who didn't want to do the surgery but he is very hands off and wanted to let it happen on it's own. I went to someone else, waited two freaking weeks and then she did the surgery because I was physically and emotionally miserable. Why would a pro-life person want to turn me away? Makes no sense.

If you were in the middle of actively miscarrying a 15 week fetus, turning you away would be less pro-life than trying to do something. That's ignoring both lives. So again, how is that pro life?

This. I carried my "fetus" for about 5 weeks after the heartbeat ceased. It was emotionally draining. I knew the pregnancy was no longer viable for four full weeks before my body figured it out and I miscarried naturally. This makes absolutely no sense.

Blink
If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. -George S. Patton
09-02-2014, 01:21 AM
Four weeks is a long time. I'm sorry you had to go through that.
11-02-2014, 09:41 PM
That's just sickening.
How much further is it really to then say, 'I do not agree with Jewish beliefs therefore I cannot treat Jews.' Muslims, Buddhists, etc.
Like the host says, sharia law is really not that different from this.

"The church doesn't like for people to grow up because you can't control grown ups. That's why we talk about being 'born again'. When you're 'born again,' you're still a child. People don't need to be born again, they need to grow up." --Bishop John Shelby Spong
12-02-2014, 03:19 AM
This is one of those outrageous, sensational things notable people come up with and the media decides to air in order to pull up ratings, otherwise, stupid stuff.

And of course there is a war on women:

The war began, it is believed, in prehistoric, first settlement societies, when it was discovered that man fertilizes the woman and not the mysterious something emanating from within her--the Her-power (reproduction is the key here). And the biggest affront came later: giving the infant the father's last name--the emergence of property rights over women and children, women's sexuality (Virgin, Madonna, Whore) . . . . there I go again.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles