There is nothing Trump can say.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2016, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 18-09-2016 03:39 PM by GirlyMan.)
There is nothing Trump can say.
There is nothing Trump can say that will affect anyone's opinion of him at this point.

Former Director of Central Intelligence and Secretary of Defense Robert Gates was critical of both Clinton and Trump on military issues and the use of force this weekend. Trump's response?

"Never met the guy, never saw him. I saw him on television, didn’t like him. The end result is look where we are. He’s a mess, OK? He’s a mess, so he goes out and he says negative things about me. I never met him; I never talked to him. Believe me, I am so much better at what he’s doing than he is, you won’t even believe it. ... He’s a nasty guy. Probably has a problem that we don’t know about. ... We're dealing with incompetent people. We're dealing with stupid people. We're dealing with people like Robert Gates that don’t have a clue,"

Hobo

There is absolutely nothing he can say that will dissuade his fanatic supporters (some less fanatic still might say "Enough!" though). And anyone who is frightened by the level of megalomania apparent in that statement will never get over it. Better at being Director of Central Intelligence? Better at being Secretary of Defense? Really? This guy cannot handle ANY criticism at all.

What I don't understand is how the Republicans will allow him to be elected. This is not someone malleable to their collective will or agenda. They should be more afraid of him than the Democrats.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 18 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-09-2016, 02:44 PM
RE: There is nothing Trump can say.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
18-09-2016, 02:47 PM
What really worries me is that there might be just enough third-party voters out there to hand that nut the White House.
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
18-09-2016, 03:25 PM
There is nothing Trump can't or won't say to clinch the deal. He's making a sales-pitch; facts are irrelevant; sense is irrelevant; fallout is irrelevant.

The bad news is, he's right: at this point, whatever he says, and even the outcome of the election, are irrelevant. The damage is already done; he couldn't stop it, even if he understood it and cared.
If he loses, his supporters will go on a rampage of disappointment, looking for scapegoats. If he wins, his supporters will go on a rampage of vindications, looking for legitimate prey. Either way, there will be victims. There will be blood.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
[+] 8 users Like Peterkin's post
18-09-2016, 04:11 PM
sorry - windows 10 crapped out again
I never thought i'd hate one more than i did 8

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
18-09-2016, 04:53 PM
"There's nothing Trump can say" has another far more cogent sense: he has zero credibility. There's nothing Trump can say that can be believed, or that he believes it. At this point, after all that has come from that man's mouth, there is no reason whatsoever to listen to anything more from it. None. Interviews: pointless. Twitters: pointless. Rally speeches: pointless.

There is only ONE (and one only) reason to continue to listen: entertainment. But you have to have an easily amused mind to STILL find his shtick entertaining.

I have to wonder if news departments were still as they were in the 60s, not profit centers but government mandated public service branches, if Trump would have attracted a hundredth the attention he gets today because so many of us are so easily amused we buy the crap that sponsors the news. We'll never know. Too bad.
[+] 3 users Like Airportkid's post
18-09-2016, 05:27 PM
Trump will be president. He has the momentum. Its a close race but those swing states move a few points towards Trump with every news cycle.

Hillary passes out caught on camera, nobody believes the pneumonia story. Two more points for Trump. 3 terrorist attacks yesterday. 2 more points for Trump next week. Wikileaks emails next week 2 more points for Trump.

Elitest globalists like Robert Gates are against Trump? Shows us exactly why we should vote for Trump.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
18-09-2016, 05:34 PM
(18-09-2016 05:27 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump will be president. He has the momentum. Its a close race but those swing states move a few points towards Trump with every news cycle.

Hillary passes out caught on camera, nobody believes the pneumonia story. Two more points for Trump. 3 terrorist attacks yesterday. 2 more points for Trump next week. Wikileaks emails next week 2 more points for Trump.

Elitest globalists like Robert Gates are against Trump? Shows us exactly why we should vote for Trump.

Who on earth is we supposed to be?

I love the always pleasant arbitrary divisions some have of what a in/out group should consist of, especially regards to national vs global lines. Either one is an arbitrarily made division of humans purposing control.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
18-09-2016, 05:40 PM
Two months' of miscues left to make ... I wouldn't be counting any chickens yet, Helmet.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
18-09-2016, 05:41 PM (This post was last modified: 18-09-2016 06:39 PM by GirlyMan.)
(18-09-2016 05:27 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump will be president. He has the momentum. Its a close race but those swing states move a few points towards Trump with every news cycle.

Think that response is gonna add a couple of points do ya.

(18-09-2016 05:27 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Elitest globalists like Robert Gates are against Trump?

I didn't see any mention of an elitist globalist. (Is it elitist of me that I know how to spell the word "elitist"? Consider ). I saw something about a nasty, incompetent, stupid person without a clue who has some problem we don't know about. You're not a very good Trump apologist.

This is the nasty, incompetent, stupid person without a clue who has some problem we don't know about Trump is talking about. Robert Gates. Nothing like insulting a Presidential Medal of Freedom awardee. Is he gonna go after Bronze Star awardees next? Who you call an elitist globalist most call a national hero.

(18-09-2016 05:27 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Shows us exactly why we should vote for Trump.

What you mean we Kemo Sabe?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post