There is nothing Trump can say.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2016, 05:45 PM
RE: There is nothing Trump can say.
The issue isn't Trump, the issue is idiots like Lord Dark Helmet that are gonna vote for him.

If this was here neither Labour or National (our two biggest parties) would endorse this guy. He'd have to start his own party because we have a decent political system (unlike your stupid FPP one) and just like all the nuts who have started their own parties in the past, Brian Tamaki, Kim Dotcom, Colin Craig, he'll get like 2% of the votes if that and fail miserably and he won't even be an issue, just a sideshow freak at best.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
18-09-2016, 06:06 PM
(18-09-2016 03:25 PM)Peterkin Wrote:  There is nothing Trump can't or won't say to clinch the deal. He's making a sales-pitch; facts are irrelevant; sense is irrelevant; fallout is irrelevant.

The bad news is, he's right: at this point, whatever he says, and even the outcome of the election, are irrelevant. The damage is already done; he couldn't stop it, even if he understood it and cared.
If he loses, his supporters will go on a rampage of disappointment, looking for scapegoats. If he wins, his supporters will go on a rampage of vindications, looking for legitimate prey. Either way, there will be victims. There will be blood.

That is precisely the way I see it!
[+] 2 users Like Born Again Pagan's post
18-09-2016, 06:28 PM (This post was last modified: 18-09-2016 07:11 PM by DLJ.)
(18-09-2016 04:53 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  "There's nothing Trump can say" has another far more cogent sense: he has zero credibility. There's nothing Trump can say that can be believed, or that he believes it. At this point, after all that has come from that man's mouth, there is no reason whatsoever to listen to anything more from it. None. Interviews: pointless. Twitters: pointless. Rally speeches: pointless.

There is only ONE (and one only) reason to continue to listen: entertainment. But you have to have an easily amused mind to STILL find his shtick entertaining.

I have to wonder if news departments were still as they were in the 60s, not profit centers but government mandated public service branches, if Trump would have attracted a hundredth the attention he gets today because so many of us are so easily amused we buy the crap that sponsors the news. We'll never know. Too bad.

My thoughts too.

I'm old enough to remember the debates in the UK about the benefits/risks of commercial television... decentralisation / freedom / dumbing-down / Brave New World scenarios.

Trump appears to be a product of that.

(18-09-2016 05:27 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump will be president. He has the momentum. It's a close race but those swing states move a few points towards Trump with every news cycle.

Hillary passes out caught on camera, nobody believes the pneumonia story. Two more points for Trump. 3 terrorist attacks yesterday. 2 more points for Trump next week. Wikileaks emails next week 2 more points for Trump.

Elitest globalists like Robert Gates are against Trump? Shows us exactly why we should vote for Trump.

Such a damning indictment of the Murikan electorate. But it's hard to disagree with the analysis.

Oozing with irony in that last paragraph. Good job! Thumbsup

Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
18-09-2016, 06:57 PM (This post was last modified: 18-09-2016 07:02 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
(18-09-2016 02:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What I don't understand is how the Republicans will allow him to be elected.

Republicans largely do not care about logical consistency. All they care about is whether someone tells them what they want to hear. Trump is telling them what they want to hear. Also, they believe Hillary is worse and clearly to them the situation is so dire that they would vote for Trump.

18-09-2016, 07:02 PM
(18-09-2016 06:57 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(18-09-2016 02:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What I don't understand is how the Republicans will allow him to be elected.

Republicans largely do not care about logical consistency. All they care about is whether someone tells them what they want to hear. Trump is telling them what they want to hear. Also, they believe Hillary is worse and clearly to them the situation is so dire that they would vote for Trump.

I'm not talking about the Republican electorate, I'm talking about the Republican Party.

#sigh
18-09-2016, 07:11 PM
What's going to be really interesting, if he does win, is how the armed forces and all those (how many do they have now - 16 was the last I heard) intelligence and national security agencies will respond to executive orders.
Also, how the various police forces will react to the riots. They'll almost certainly have to take sides in many cities. Trumpist yahoos or the Hispanic and Black underclass?
I wonder how many contingency plans are being formulated through computer modelling and game theory, plugging in each of the variables. I wonder how many ranking officers and civil servants are making arrangements to vacate the capitol?

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
18-09-2016, 07:25 PM
(18-09-2016 07:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-09-2016 06:57 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Republicans largely do not care about logical consistency. All they care about is whether someone tells them what they want to hear. Trump is telling them what they want to hear. Also, they believe Hillary is worse and clearly to them the situation is so dire that they would vote for Trump.

I'm not talking about the Republican electorate, I'm talking about the Republican Party.

They had their chance at the convention. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
18-09-2016, 07:53 PM
(18-09-2016 07:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-09-2016 06:57 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Republicans largely do not care about logical consistency. All they care about is whether someone tells them what they want to hear. Trump is telling them what they want to hear. Also, they believe Hillary is worse and clearly to them the situation is so dire that they would vote for Trump.

My guess is they don't want to divide the Republican party any more than Trump already has.

18-09-2016, 08:10 PM
Trump has called his own supporters uneducated and they cheered. If he accused every trump supporter of being a child rapist and a Muslim isis supporter, his supporters would still cheer for him.

If trump said that he will have everyone who votes for him executed without a trial, they would still vote for him because his last name is Trump and because Trump is on the Television and has a lot more money than they do and other retards tell you about how cool and awesome he is, they will still vote for the fuckwit.

Trump supporters don't like to think as much as Hillary supporters like to hear the truth.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
18-09-2016, 08:17 PM
The Clinton lead isn’t as great as it had been but still substantial.

[Image: models.png]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce