There is nothing Trump can say.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-09-2016, 10:54 AM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2016 10:58 AM by TrainWreck.)
RE: There is nothing Trump can say.
That's pretty good, but I don't believe it is true. I believe that you believe it is true, because the biased news and entertainment media portrays it to be that the majority of the people changed their minds.

I believe that because of the sophistication and communication technology that we have now, that we should be able to have national elections more often than that which they could only handle two hundred years ago - once every four years.

What do you think?

Do you trust the polls and elections???

If they are so accurate, then let's do every law by general election in the district hierarchies. Can you handle that?

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2016, 11:05 AM
(19-09-2016 09:55 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  ...
When are you going to accept the criticism that the system [...] is inadequate for the sophistication level our society has advanced to and that the system needs to be updated because we have the advanced technology and manpower that they did not have two hundred years ago???

Coincidentally, I've been asked to do a lecture (well, seminar would be more accurate because it'll be for a whole day) on that very subject.

I'm writing it now. Any suggestions for a title?

I thought of:
"How IoT and Industrie 4.0 will fuck you over" or
"Google: The Post-TPP Leviathan"

What do you think?

Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
19-09-2016, 11:12 AM
I think you should have a solution at the ready, before you go bitching about a system you do not understand - what are your credentials that defines you as understanding the problem if you cannot describe a solution?

Are you campaigning for a new constitution in the United States, or any other nation?

Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
19-09-2016, 11:12 AM
(18-09-2016 02:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  There is nothing Trump can say that will affect anyone's opinion of him at this point.

Former Director of Central Intelligence and Secretary of Defense Robert Gates was critical of both Clinton and Trump on military issues and the use of force this weekend. Trump's response?

"Never met the guy, never saw him. I saw him on television, didn’t like him. The end result is look where we are. He’s a mess, OK? He’s a mess, so he goes out and he says negative things about me. I never met him; I never talked to him. Believe me, I am so much better at what he’s doing than he is, you won’t even believe it. ... He’s a nasty guy. Probably has a problem that we don’t know about. ... We're dealing with incompetent people. We're dealing with stupid people. We're dealing with people like Robert Gates that don’t have a clue,"

Hobo

There is absolutely nothing he can say that will dissuade his fanatic supporters (some less fanatic still might say "Enough!" though). And anyone who is frightened by the level of megalomania apparent in that statement will never get over it. Better at being Director of Central Intelligence? Better at being Secretary of Defense? Really? This guy cannot handle ANY criticism at all.

What I don't understand is how the Republicans will allow him to be elected. This is not someone malleable to their collective will or agenda. They should be more afraid of him than the Democrats.

I'm frightened by the level of stupidity in this nation. I'm frightened by the number of people in this country who've been incited to hatred against immigrants when WE ARE A NATION OF FUCKING IMMIGRANTS!!! How has this been so easily forgotten? I'm frightened when I see TRUMP spray-painted on the back of some guy's truck here in town. I'm frightened by the number of people who want this nation to be dragged back into its misogynistic, racist, bigoted past.

"Make America Great Again" - for who? for fucking WHO? Not women. Not any men who are anything other than white. Not anyone in the LGBT community.

But screw all those people, am I right? Facepalm

This shit burns me up. Censored

[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
19-09-2016, 11:18 AM
(19-09-2016 10:29 AM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  Saying that Hillary "started" the birther question and is thus responsible for the utterly ABSURD lengths to which Trump used it to get his foot in the political door and start building a conspiracy-prone base of support for himself is utterly preposterous. That was Trump's "issue" he owns it. It was the wedge with which he inserted himself into public life and political discourse. It was SO central to his development as a political personality that he KNOWS he can't now fully divest himself of this core issue without trying to pass the buck and avoid responsibility. Even when he apologizes he attempts to deflect blame. How repugnant.

That's pretty good too. I cannot really put together an accurate opinion, because I was not exposed to Trump's television work. I do not watch T.V., and only watched the second season of Survivor, because of how much I heard about how unique it was about the first season.

19-09-2016, 11:47 AM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2016 11:57 AM by TrainWreck.)
(Sorry, I had to bail early on that post, because of the virus the site gives me when they don't like what I say.)

Diverting personal responsibility is essential to politics - they all do it, because we expect them to be perfect. Your "dwelling" on it with a decent reason and lofty rhetoric, is proof of that. Obviously, you do not believe Hillary is liable for the Benghazi gun running operation that they copied from the Reagan and Bush administrations - you would think that an honest woman would avoid such corruption. But hey, . . what's good for the goose, is good for the gander - right?

Let me explain further. There is no reason for an embassy in Benghazi! However, there was an embassy; and it had a "safe room." Somebody, probably the Russians, got a hold of Hillary's secret messages about the guns that were being stored in the safe room. For some reason, whoever got a hold of Hillary's secret message, told the people on in Benghazi about the cache.

19-09-2016, 11:57 AM
... but rather he ended with, "I love you."

Yes, good psychopolitical ploy that, wonder which of his new spin doctors thought it up?

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
19-09-2016, 11:58 AM
Quote:... but rather he ended with, "I love you."

Yes, good psychopolitical ploy that, wonder which of his new spin doctors thought it up?

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
19-09-2016, 12:01 PM
Oh, but those messages were deleted by Bleachbit!

Hillary didn't know that Bleachbit extracts the information to their servers before they reset the memory sectors.

19-09-2016, 12:21 PM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2016 12:28 PM by TrainWreck.)
(19-09-2016 11:12 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I'm frightened by the level of stupidity in this nation.
Yet we have a tremendous development of technology - how has it come to be this way???

(19-09-2016 11:12 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I'm frightened by the number of people in this country who've been incited to hatred against immigrants when WE ARE A NATION OF FUCKING IMMIGRANTS!!!
What I don't understand is that everyone knows we're a racist country, yet the niggers don't seek refuge in Haiti, Africa, Europe, or anywhere except AmeriKKKa!!!

How the fuck is that?!?!?! Hobo
And then all the spics and chinks and ragheads and other fucked up people keep a coming - haven't they heard the truth about this racist country founded by racist whites for racists whites!?!?!?

How the fuck does that happen?!?!?! If it is founded by racists what is the solution? I'll bet you can't figure it out!

(19-09-2016 11:12 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  How has this been so easily forgotten? I'm frightened when I see TRUMP spray-painted on the back of some guy's truck here in town. I'm frightened by the number of people who want this nation to be dragged back into its misogynistic, racist, bigoted past.

"Make America Great Again" - for who? for fucking WHO? Not women. Not any men who are anything other than white. Not anyone in the LGBT community.
You're fucking delusional. What do you think we are going to do to you when Trump wins? What do you think you are worth?

The solution to the problem is that the constitution needs to be replaced, because it is adequate for the diversity that the country has evolved to, and that creates a tremendous amount of conflict in the society - kind of like social schizophrenia. If you are so smart why do you maintain community with all the stupid people - get with the people you want to be with, and let the stupid people get with the stupid people they want to be with. Let me know when you can put together a community of really, really, smart people like you. Just think how wonderful that would be.

If Trump wins, you're going to leave - right? There's no point in sticking around where you are not appreciated, and oppressed, because of your altruistic beliefs - right? You know what is best and just - right?