There is waaaaayyy to many sticky threads

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2014, 04:36 PM
There is waaaaayyy to many sticky threads
I haven't posted on this forum in about a year, but now that I am back on again, I have noticed the place is cluttered with sticky's. Especially places like the casual coffeehouse, half my screen is clogged with the sticky's.

Some threads just need to go. For example, famous houseofcantor quotes needs to go. Nothing against hoc, but I don't think anybody needs to go into that thread every time they open up the casual coffeehouse. As I look through the sticky threads in the coffeehouse, none of them deserve to be there in my opinion. They are good threads, but they should be left to fall in their own time.

Here is a list of all the pinned threads that I don't think should be pinned.

Coffeehouse:
-What is you latest first world problem? - Interesting, but is no different from any other thread.
-Favourite pics for a laugh at religion - Interesting,no different.
-Shoutbox - already a ranting corner is This that section
-Your day explained in a gif - Interesting, but no different.
-Indoor cat - Interesting, but no different.
-Alternate user picture - Interesting, but no different.
-Forum visualisations - Why is this pinned?

Atheism and Theism:
-Share your de-conversion story - already in introductions more or less.

This that and the other thing:
-Small things that make you smile
-What did you learn today?
-Why was today a good day thread
These are again, good threads, but no need to be pinned.

I think the mods on this forum have become too attached to these threads, and have become to afraid to unpin them for old times sake. If you really think about it, most pinned threads are great threads, but pinning them is unnecessary. By having so many, it means less space for normal threads, and we get less discussion and content. This need to be fixed.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Magoo's post
16-03-2014, 05:20 PM
RE: There is waaaaayyy to many sticky threads
(16-03-2014 04:36 PM)Magoo Wrote:  I haven't posted on this forum in about a year, but now that I am back on again, I have noticed the place is cluttered with sticky's. Especially places like the casual coffeehouse, half my screen is clogged with the sticky's.

Some threads just need to go. For example, famous houseofcantor quotes needs to go. Nothing against hoc, but I don't think anybody needs to go into that thread every time they open up the casual coffeehouse. As I look through the sticky threads in the coffeehouse, none of them deserve to be there in my opinion. They are good threads, but they should be left to fall in their own time.

Here is a list of all the pinned threads that I don't think should be pinned.

Coffeehouse:
-What is you latest first world problem? - Interesting, but is no different from any other thread.
-Favourite pics for a laugh at religion - Interesting,no different.
-Shoutbox - already a ranting corner is This that section
-Your day explained in a gif - Interesting, but no different.
-Indoor cat - Interesting, but no different.
-Alternate user picture - Interesting, but no different.
-Forum visualisations - Why is this pinned?

Atheism and Theism:
-Share your de-conversion story - already in introductions more or less.

This that and the other thing:
-Small things that make you smile
-What did you learn today?
-Why was today a good day thread
These are again, good threads, but no need to be pinned.

I think the mods on this forum have become too attached to these threads, and have become to afraid to unpin them for old times sake. If you really think about it, most pinned threads are great threads, but pinning them is unnecessary. By having so many, it means less space for normal threads, and we get less discussion and content. This need to be fixed.

No

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 6 users Like Revenant77x's post
16-03-2014, 05:28 PM
And why not?
16-03-2014, 05:29 PM
(16-03-2014 05:28 PM)Magoo Wrote:  And why not?

You are complaining that things change. There is no problem with having stickied threads. If they are unused for more than a couple months the FT discusses whether to unstick them or not.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
16-03-2014, 05:34 PM
Why dont y'all make a "sticky threads thread" in every forum,then put every sticky of that forum in it? I have seen a similar thing on many forums

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
16-03-2014, 05:34 PM
I like the sticky threads....they are sticky...

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 6 users Like Losty's post
16-03-2014, 05:37 PM
I agree with Magoo 100%

Lol Magoo.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
16-03-2014, 05:38 PM
(16-03-2014 05:34 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I like the sticky threads....they are sticky...

i now have weird images on FT makes them sticky

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
16-03-2014, 05:43 PM
I never view the forum that way, I just go to new threads. Just went to see what the fuss is about. I must say that I am more confuzzled by the sheer number of threads that are deemed 'normal'. Blink

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
16-03-2014, 05:45 PM
(16-03-2014 05:29 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(16-03-2014 05:28 PM)Magoo Wrote:  And why not?

You are complaining that things change.

I'm not. When I said I came back, I meant I have realised how messy the place is, not how many new threads are here. I still see the same threads now, that were here a year ago. Nowhere have I said "things are different and I don't like it".

Quote:There is no problem with having stickied threads.

Yes there is. As I have said earlier, there are too many stickied threads, and this is clogging up the forum space for new threads. There are more stickied threads in the casual coffeehouse, than there are regular threads! Not to mention, as I have explained earlier, most of these stickied threads don't even deserve to be stickied. That is clearly a problem. I'm not saying we don't have stickies, I'm saying we get rid of the ones that are unnecessary.
[+] 1 user Likes Magoo's post