There is waaaaayyy to many sticky threads

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2014, 05:47 PM
RE: There is waaaaayyy to many sticky threads
(16-03-2014 05:45 PM)Magoo Wrote:  
(16-03-2014 05:29 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  You are complaining that things change.

I'm not. When I said I came back, I meant I have realised how messy the place is, not how many new threads are here. I still see the same threads now, that were here a year ago. Nowhere have I said "things are different and I don't like it".

Quote:There is no problem with having stickied threads.

Yes there is. As I have said earlier, there are too many stickied threads, and this is clogging up the forum space for new threads. There are more stickied threads in the casual coffeehouse, than there are regular threads! Not to mention, as I have explained earlier, most of these stickied threads don't even deserve to be stickied. That is clearly a problem. I'm not saying we don't have stickies, I'm saying we get rid of the ones that are unnecessary.

I don't see how that is a problem? Why is that a problem?
I disagree with you. I don't know if I get a vote but my vote is, the stickies stay.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2014, 05:48 PM
(16-03-2014 05:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I never view the forum that way, I just go to new threads.

This proves my point. Stickied threads are automatically ignored and scrolled past until the new threads appear. Get rid of the unnecessary pinned threads, more content. I'm not saying stickied threads are unused, but new threads should take priority over them.
[+] 2 users Like Magoo's post
16-03-2014, 05:51 PM
(16-03-2014 05:47 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(16-03-2014 05:45 PM)Magoo Wrote:  I'm not. When I said I came back, I meant I have realised how messy the place is, not how many new threads are here. I still see the same threads now, that were here a year ago. Nowhere have I said "things are different and I don't like it".

Yes there is. As I have said earlier, there are too many stickied threads, and this is clogging up the forum space for new threads. There are more stickied threads in the casual coffeehouse, than there are regular threads! Not to mention, as I have explained earlier, most of these stickied threads don't even deserve to be stickied. That is clearly a problem. I'm not saying we don't have stickies, I'm saying we get rid of the ones that are unnecessary.

I don't see how that is a problem? Why is that a problem?
I disagree with you. I don't know if I get a vote but my vote is, the stickies stay.

Because they are a waste of space. Nobody wants to browse a messy forum.
16-03-2014, 05:55 PM
(16-03-2014 05:51 PM)Magoo Wrote:  
(16-03-2014 05:47 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I don't see how that is a problem? Why is that a problem?

Because they are a waste of space. Nobody wants to browse a messy forum.

I disagree entirely. Rather than having to dig through pages of 1-2 page threads to find the more popular or important ones they are at the top of the page. It makes it much easier to find for new people to the forum (such as the deconversion thread) or for threads that get posted in regularly.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
16-03-2014, 06:01 PM
Most important by whose standards? Certainly not the forums in general. If that were the case they would stay at the top of their sections due to popularity.

Rev, this suggestion seems to kinda big you. What's up? Is this being mentioned a lot and I'm just not seeing it?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
16-03-2014, 06:04 PM
(16-03-2014 06:01 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Most important by whose standards? Certainly not the forums in general. If that were the case they would stay at the top of their sections due to popularity.

Rev, this suggestion seems to kinda big you. What's up? Is this being mentioned a lot and I'm just not seeing it?

Nope never mentioned before. In fact it is usually people asking for more threads to be sticked.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
16-03-2014, 06:09 PM
(16-03-2014 05:34 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I like the sticky threads....they are sticky...

I heard about this one thread...
Need industrial solvent to get that sticky off ya Tongue

[+] 3 users Like TheGulegon's post
16-03-2014, 06:10 PM
I either search for a title that has dropped away (at the risk of being bitched at for necroposting) or I ask Girly to help me when I can't do or find something around here. Tongue

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
16-03-2014, 06:14 PM
(16-03-2014 06:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I either search for a title that has dropped away (at the risk of being bitched at for necroposting) or I ask Girly to help me when I can't do or find something around here. Tongue

Smerc sent me a link to Chippy's mistake that got him banned. Without her and Girly, what would we do? Sadcryface

Question: What tab searches for Threads? I can never get the search to work for anything but member names.

16-03-2014, 06:16 PM
(16-03-2014 06:14 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(16-03-2014 06:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I either search for a title that has dropped away (at the risk of being bitched at for necroposting) or I ask Girly to help me when I can't do or find something around here. Tongue

Smerc sent me a link to Chippy's mistake that got him banned. Without her and Girly, what would we do? Sadcryface

Question: What tab searches for Threads? I can never get the search to work for anything but member names.

The search function on this forum is horrible imo. Thus why I favor stickied threads.

[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post