"inurl:thethinkingatheist.com thread_name/topic"

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2014, 06:22 PM
RE: There is waaaaayyy to many sticky threads
(16-03-2014 05:55 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(16-03-2014 05:51 PM)Magoo Wrote:  Because they are a waste of space. Nobody wants to browse a messy forum.

I disagree entirely. Rather than having to dig through pages of 1-2 page threads to find the more popular or important ones they are at the top of the page. It makes it much easier to find for new people to the forum (such as the deconversion thread) or for threads that get posted in regularly.

But maybe they are only popular because they are disappearing. If they were un-stickied then we would really know if they are popular or not.

Here is an idea, un-sticky the threads I have mentioned, and if they remain popular for a few days, pin them. If they disappear, leave it.

Remember, I'm not saying we remove all stickies, but the ones that are not needed and take up space.
16-03-2014, 06:23 PM
(16-03-2014 06:14 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(16-03-2014 06:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I either search for a title that has dropped away (at the risk of being bitched at for necroposting) or I ask Girly to help me when I can't do or find something around here. Tongue

Smerc sent me a link to Chippy's mistake that got him banned. Without her and Girly, what would we do? Sadcryface

Question: What tab searches for Threads? I can never get the search to work for anything but member names.

I use the search bar at the top of the page (just above my username), and try to put as much in there that I can remember being specific to the particular thread I'm searching for.

When I'm looking for the music thread, I search "what listening to" or the picture thread "balls vagina show yourself" (which always makes me giggle Blush )

On less popular threads it doesn't always work so well Confused and yeah... I almost never looked for threads using the front forum page section whatever you call it... I only learned what stickies threads were like.. A week ago Weeping lol

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
16-03-2014, 06:28 PM
I also notice only 1 mod has posted. Any other opinions from other mods?
16-03-2014, 06:31 PM
I will say this Magoo....I know you have been gone a while.

New/er people will come here and start a thread, often one similar to one that is stickied or is older and kind of forgotten and they get hammered by the old guard for not searching through a bazillion threads to see if it's been done before. But then again, if they do go through the trouble to resurrect an old thread, they are hammered for necroposting. Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

I suppose everyone here has a way they think things should be done/run.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
16-03-2014, 06:35 PM
(16-03-2014 06:31 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I suppose everyone here has a way they think things should be done/run.

KC and Rora both laughed when they read that. Kind of a sad, knowing laugh.

I promise.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
16-03-2014, 06:42 PM
(16-03-2014 06:31 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I will say this Magoo....I know you have been gone a while.

New/er people will come here and start a thread, often one similar to one that is stickied or is older and kind of forgotten and they get hammered by the old guard for not searching through a bazillion threads to see if it's been done before. But then again, if they do go through the trouble to resurrect an old thread, they are hammered for necroposting. Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

I still don't see the problem. Here we have stickied threads that are ancient, beat to death, and take up forum space. We need to look at the real reason why a thread is stickied in the first place. For rules and other info, I completely get stickied threads, but not for anything else.

If a post is popular, it will stay popular, no need for a sticky. If it isn't, it will disappear. Simple as that.
16-03-2014, 06:49 PM
I feel like you're making a way bigger deal out of it than it needs to be.

I don't really see a lot of sticky threads as a "serious" problem. Does it really hinder your forum browsing experience that much?

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
16-03-2014, 07:08 PM
There is waaaaayyy to many sticky threads
(16-03-2014 06:49 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I feel like you're making a way bigger deal out of it than it needs to be.

I don't really see a lot of sticky threads as a "serious" problem. Does it really hinder your forum browsing experience that much?

I never said it was a serious problem, it is a simple problem with a simple solution. But apparently a mod doesn't agree.
[+] 2 users Like Magoo's post