There is waaaaayyy to many sticky threads

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2014, 08:45 PM
RE: There is waaaaayyy to many sticky threads
(16-03-2014 07:08 PM)Magoo Wrote:  
(16-03-2014 06:49 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I feel like you're making a way bigger deal out of it than it needs to be.

I don't really see a lot of sticky threads as a "serious" problem. Does it really hinder your forum browsing experience that much?

I never said it was a serious problem, it is a simple problem with a simple solution. But apparently a mod doesn't agree.

Welcome back, Magoo! Long time, no see!

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2014, 08:54 PM
I think we should sticky this thread, it's important.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 4 users Like Logisch's post
16-03-2014, 08:57 PM
(16-03-2014 05:51 PM)Magoo Wrote:  
(16-03-2014 05:47 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I don't see how that is a problem? Why is that a problem?
I disagree with you. I don't know if I get a vote but my vote is, the stickies stay.

Because they are a waste of space. Nobody wants to browse a messy forum.

Are your groceries in alphabetical order ?
Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
16-03-2014, 11:19 PM
For the record, the current state of sticky'd threads does not bother me. Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
16-03-2014, 11:29 PM
Welcome back Magoo!

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

17-03-2014, 12:47 AM
(16-03-2014 04:36 PM)Magoo Wrote:  I haven't posted on this forum in about a year, but now that I am back on again, I have noticed the place is cluttered with sticky's. Especially places like the casual coffeehouse, half my screen is clogged with the sticky's.

Some threads just need to go. For example, famous houseofcantor quotes needs to go. Nothing against hoc, but I don't think anybody needs to go into that thread every time they open up the casual coffeehouse. As I look through the sticky threads in the coffeehouse, none of them deserve to be there in my opinion. They are good threads, but they should be left to fall in their own time.

Here is a list of all the pinned threads that I don't think should be pinned.

Coffeehouse:
-What is you latest first world problem? - Interesting, but is no different from any other thread.
-Favourite pics for a laugh at religion - Interesting,no different.
-Shoutbox - already a ranting corner is This that section
-Your day explained in a gif - Interesting, but no different.
-Indoor cat - Interesting, but no different.
-Alternate user picture - Interesting, but no different.
-Forum visualisations - Why is this pinned?

Atheism and Theism:
-Share your de-conversion story - already in introductions more or less.

This that and the other thing:
-Small things that make you smile
-What did you learn today?
-Why was today a good day thread
These are again, good threads, but no need to be pinned.

I think the mods on this forum have become too attached to these threads, and have become to afraid to unpin them for old times sake. If you really think about it, most pinned threads are great threads, but pinning them is unnecessary. By having so many, it means less space for normal threads, and we get less discussion and content. This need to be fixed.

Clearly, this thread needs to be stickied.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
17-03-2014, 05:20 AM
Well this thread is derailed Dodgy
17-03-2014, 05:25 AM
(17-03-2014 05:20 AM)Magoo Wrote:  Well this thread is derailed Dodgy

Lol Magoo

You think we'd just let you waltz back into the forum without a proper TTA Forum greeting, including customary thread derailment throw in for free?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
17-03-2014, 05:55 AM
I would agree that ones with less traffic could be considered to be unpinned. I however have one exception and that is Shannows Forum visualization thread. He put in so much time to do that, it gives an insight into this place and is part of its history (in my eyes)

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
17-03-2014, 07:28 AM
While i think that there are too much unused stickies as well,it is a minor annoyance only. Also,make thre sexy banter thread sticky please Laugh out load

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post