There never was or will be a thing called "God".

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-01-2016, 12:02 PM
RE: There never was or will be a thing called "God".
(11-01-2016 08:34 AM)riju Wrote:  If one looks inside his body deep, deep, deeply , one nice day he will know that he is God himself.
We all are Gods ( or part of fractured God).
If we go one looking inside our body WITH AWARENESS, the God in you will come out shining better and better. This happens because God's various fractures merge in him and ONE DAY HE KNOWS THAT HE IS GOD/
or
Every one is God or still alternately , THERE IS NO GOD, because He alone exists in this existence and nothing else exists beyond Him

So you're saying god is a shiny turd and religious people are full of shit.

Sounds about right.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2016, 12:10 PM
Do you count deism?

Because that, on the other hand, is unfalsifiable by design...

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
11-01-2016, 12:12 PM
(11-01-2016 08:34 AM)riju Wrote:  If one looks inside his body deep, deep, deeply , one nice day he will know that he is God himself.
If we go one looking inside our body WITH AWARENESS, the God in you will come out shining better and better. This happens because God's various fractures merge in him and ONE DAY HE KNOWS THAT HE IS GOD/
or
Every one is God or still alternately , THERE IS NO GOD, because He alone exists in this existence and nothing else exists beyond Him

No.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
11-01-2016, 12:37 PM
(11-01-2016 12:10 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Do you count deism?

Who are you addressing? I say myself that deism or pantheism for that matter are just as much gap answer woo as old standard woo.

There is no cognition needed as a starting point for nature or the universe to happen.

It is precisely because none of those can be falsified that one should reject those claims. Scientific method requires testing, control groups, falsification and peer review.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-01-2016, 12:53 PM
(11-01-2016 12:37 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(11-01-2016 12:10 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Do you count deism?

Who are you addressing? I say myself that deism or pantheism for that matter are just as much gap answer woo as old standard woo.

Pantheism is incoherent, sure, albeit only insofar as it effectively amounts to deism or theism anyway. But deism is fundamentally different from interventionist theism in that the latter is falsifiable. You only referred to the latter.
(in principle, notwithstanding idiotic apologetics - the contrast is with the strictly necessarily unfalsifiable nature of deistic arguments)

(11-01-2016 12:37 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  There is no cognition needed as a starting point for nature or the universe to happen.

How do you know?

I see no reason to suppose there is, but I make no claim to knowing that. For that matter, "not necessary" still doesn't then imply "didn't happen", as far as the logic goes.

(11-01-2016 12:37 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  It is precisely because none of those can be falsified that one should reject those claims. Scientific method requires testing, control groups, falsification and peer review.

Scientific methods apply to scientific claims. The unfalsifiable isn't false, it's simply irrelevant.
(but now we have to consider the difference between necessarily unfalsifiable and currently unfalsifiable; quantum mechanics was as true in the 16th century as it is now, but it would have been entirely untestable and thus unfalsifiable at the time)

Maybe it seems tedious to you, but settling the ambiguities is vital in any honest debate.
(most apologists are far from honest, but then it's even more important, to forestall equivocation)

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
11-01-2016, 05:54 PM
(11-01-2016 07:03 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Only in fiction. Like Darth Vader, but far worse.

Vader was the baddest bad-ass that ever was. He grabbed the Emperor, force bolts and all, and hurled him screaming into the abyss.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
11-01-2016, 05:57 PM

You have done well, grasshopper.

#sigh
11-01-2016, 05:58 PM
(11-01-2016 08:56 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Everyone here already knows Bob is God.
Get over it. Bangin

We are all Bob. Drinking Beverage

#sigh
11-01-2016, 06:00 PM
(11-01-2016 12:53 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Pantheism is incoherent, sure, albeit only insofar as it effectively amounts to deism or theism anyway.

From a pragmatic perspective, pantheism is indistinguishable from atheism.

#sigh
11-01-2016, 09:22 PM
(11-01-2016 05:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-01-2016 08:56 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Everyone here already knows Bob is God.
Get over it. Bangin

We are all Bob. Drinking Beverage

All hail B-b!
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post