There never was or will be a thing called "God".

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2016, 06:46 AM
RE: There never was or will be a thing called "God".
(12-01-2016 11:20 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(12-01-2016 08:28 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  I would put all god concepts under the unsubstantiated and pure speculation umbrella.

During my brief deist phase, I surmised there is no way any humans, ancient or modern, could even be close about what god is or it's characteristics. So I rejected all religions for an ambiguous Creator of the universe, that likely was indifferent to our existence.

The problem of evil gave all of the evidence I needed that any god was indifferent to humans.

The thing is, an indifferent god is no different than one that doesn't exist.
Not technically indifferent.

There is a difference in allowing something to figure things out for itself, and being indifferent. The evil is the work of man. God is not indifferent. To force us to be perfect would be turning us into vegetables. Indeed more fd up than having to actually learn from the lessons of history.

There's a lot more to evil and suffering than the work of man. No thanks pops, viewing the world as though a god exists is a nonsensical proposition.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2016, 07:36 AM
(13-01-2016 06:46 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  There's a lot more to evil and suffering than the work of man. No thanks pops, viewing the world as though a god exists is a nonsensical proposition.

Such as illness. Pop's is a fuckwit. Pure and simple.

The idea that man creates everything also goes against his theory of god. Or did Prometheus really steal fire for us? He sure suffered for that good deed.

Pop's, you're an idiot. Please leave us in peace.

Fuckstick.

Some of us have actually read books like the bible, Homer, Euripides, Sophocles etc. You obviously have not.

You are a white belt telling a 10th dan he is wrong. Pathetic and pitiable.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
13-01-2016, 10:18 AM
(13-01-2016 06:46 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(12-01-2016 11:20 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Not technically indifferent.

There is a difference in allowing something to figure things out for itself, and being indifferent. The evil is the work of man. God is not indifferent. To force us to be perfect would be turning us into vegetables. Indeed more fd up than having to actually learn from the lessons of history.

There's a lot more to evil and suffering than the work of man. No thanks pops, viewing the world as though a god exists is a nonsensical proposition.
Like natural disasters and cancers? Both of which could have most likely been thwarted years ago if man wasn't preoccupied with greed and division
13-01-2016, 10:20 AM
(13-01-2016 07:36 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(13-01-2016 06:46 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  There's a lot more to evil and suffering than the work of man. No thanks pops, viewing the world as though a god exists is a nonsensical proposition.

Such as illness. Pop's is a fuckwit. Pure and simple.

The idea that man creates everything also goes against his theory of god. Or did Prometheus really steal fire for us? He sure suffered for that good deed.

Pop's, you're an idiot. Please leave us in peace.

Fuckstick.

Some of us have actually read books like the bible, Homer, Euripides, Sophocles etc. You obviously have not.

You are a white belt telling a 10th dan he is wrong. Pathetic and pitiable.
Never said man created everything. Quite the opposite in fact. That doesn't mean that the capacity to negate such suffering couldn't have been reached long ago through selfless unity and cooperation of man as opposed to figuring out new ways to cause pain to one another.
13-01-2016, 10:32 AM
(13-01-2016 10:18 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
Like natural disasters and cancers? Both of which could have most likely been thwarted years ago if man wasn't preoccupied with greed and division

LOL pops, could you explain the exact mechanism in which we generate hurricanes, volcanoes, and cancer with greed?

I'm not exactly seeing a connection here.

You can tell this god concept to fuck off anytime, you don't have to do any of this for Mr. Invisible.

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
13-01-2016, 11:18 AM
(13-01-2016 10:18 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  

Claim based on....?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
13-01-2016, 11:48 AM
(13-01-2016 10:32 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(13-01-2016 10:18 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Like natural disasters and cancers? Both of which could have most likely been thwarted years ago if man wasn't preoccupied with greed and division

LOL pops, could you explain the exact mechanism in which we generate hurricanes, volcanoes, and cancer with greed?

You can tell this god concept to fuck off anytime, you don't have to do any of this for Mr. Invisible.

I think he's saying that if humans had been cooperative we would have learned how to prevent natural disasters and to cure cancer by now so in that sense we are to blame. It's hard to tell because his writing is so difficult to parse.

I don't disagree that if human nature had been different we could be much further along scientifically than we are but, on the other hand, had it been different we might not have gotten as far as we have. The whole subject seems rather pointless, especially since doesn't support the claim that there is a god or that we are somehow acting against its plan, except in Pop's little fantasy of course.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
13-01-2016, 12:26 PM
(13-01-2016 11:48 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(13-01-2016 10:32 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  LOL pops, could you explain the exact mechanism in which we generate hurricanes, volcanoes, and cancer with greed?

I think he's saying that if humans had been cooperative we would have learned how to prevent natural disasters and to cure cancer by now so in that sense we are to blame. It's hard to tell because his writing is so difficult to parse.

I don't disagree that if human nature had been different we could be much further along scientifically than we are but, on the other hand, had it been different we might not have gotten as far as we have. The whole subject seems rather pointless, especially since doesn't support the claim that there is a god or that we are somehow acting against its plan, except in Pop's little fantasy of course.

I was going to credit it with invisible gnomes that monitor human greed, if the greed reaches an unacceptable level, then the gnomes pull the lever on their natural disaster machine and it then spits out a hurricane, volcano, etc.

I guess your theory sounds better though.

13-01-2016, 01:03 PM
(13-01-2016 10:32 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(13-01-2016 10:18 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Like natural disasters and cancers? Both of which could have most likely been thwarted years ago if man wasn't preoccupied with greed and division

I thought I somewhat clearly stated that I do this for he sake of profitable existence of life. It is in no way for the sake of GOD.
15-01-2016, 07:58 PM
(11-01-2016 08:34 AM)riju Wrote:  If one looks inside his body deep, deep, deeply , one nice day he will know that he is God himself.
We all are Gods ( or part of fractured God).
If we go one looking inside our body WITH AWARENESS, the God in you will come out shining better and better. This happens because God's various fractures merge in him and ONE DAY HE KNOWS THAT HE IS GOD/
or
Every one is God or still alternately , THERE IS NO GOD, because He alone exists in this existence and nothing else exists beyond Him

So then God is responsible for each and every abortion
Middle America will be overjoyed to know this