There's motherfucking raccoons in this motherfucking garden.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-07-2017, 12:51 PM
RE: There's motherfucking raccoons in this motherfucking garden.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-07-2017, 05:49 PM
Back in the mid-1980's I befriended a small, injured raccoon that came around my backyard begging for food. I fed it my table scraps every few days. It recovered its health over the next month or so. It got so friendly that it would take food from my hand and would even be waiting for me on the back porch when I came home from work. Frequently, it would join me when I went out onto the front porch to take in the evening air. As I sat down to relax and smoke my pipe for an hour or so, the raccoon would lie at my feet like a faithful dog. This went on for nearly four years. One morning I went down the hill to put outgoing mail in the mailbox and discovered my furry little pal dead on the highway. Sad
[+] 5 users Like Gwaithmir's post
22-07-2017, 05:54 PM
We have raccoons, but they only come out when they see my little brother is out playing with the new foals. He feeds them. It's freaky. He talks to them. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
22-07-2017, 06:05 PM
The raccoon whisperer, eh, Bucky?

[Image: tumblr_mhi6btsJsX1qlxqw2o1_500.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
22-07-2017, 06:19 PM (This post was last modified: 22-07-2017 08:59 PM by Bucky Ball.)
He is. Confused
That reminds me, we have white squirrels, regular squirrels, and black squirrels in the neighborhood trees and park. One of my friends from work, lives not too far away .... she is a nurse practitioner, and her husband (they are both from India), is an IT guru. I told her the squirrel mamas bring their babies out in the morning to get a peanut from me when I go for a walk. She said, "Well, you know what they say ... Rancho (Santa Fe) is SO "white", even the squirrels are white". I laughed all day. Laugh out load

It's so cute to see the three babies playing together ... , a white one, a black one and a grey one.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
22-07-2017, 06:36 PM
One more thing about raccoons-

Don't disturb their latrines
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
22-07-2017, 06:42 PM
I am not dealing with a raccoon but I let the dogs out a little while ago and couldn't figure out what they were so fascinated with in the yard...turns out it's a nest of little bunnies. Sadcryface

Lady, the dog we lost last fall, would have killed them. Instead Karm and Zig are just going nuts wanting to get back outside.

We put the top half of a dog crate over the nest so the dogs can't get in but the mother can...it's going to be a long few days till those bunnies move along one way or another. sigh

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
22-07-2017, 07:00 PM
(22-07-2017 06:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am not dealing with a raccoon but I let the dogs out a little while ago and couldn't figure out what they were so fascinated with in the yard...turns out it's a nest of little bunnies. Sadcryface

Lady, the dog we lost last fall, would have killed them. Instead Karm and Zig are just going nuts wanting to get back outside.

We put the top half of a dog crate over the nest so the dogs can't get in but the mother can...it's going to be a long few days till those bunnies move along one way or another. sigh

We had tons of bunnies last year. This year, we have one big fat one.

22-07-2017, 07:03 PM
(22-07-2017 07:00 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(22-07-2017 06:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am not dealing with a raccoon but I let the dogs out a little while ago and couldn't figure out what they were so fascinated with in the yard...turns out it's a nest of little bunnies. Sadcryface

We had tons of bunnies last year. This year, we have one big fat one.

We have also had a bunch of bunnies but most have been outside of the fence so they are safe from the dogs. The cat and dogs watch them out the side window. Now that they are accessible, it's driving the dogs nuts - more nuts than usual.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
22-07-2017, 07:19 PM
(22-07-2017 07:00 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  We had tons of bunnies last year. This year, we have one big fat one.

Gasp

[Image: 10731_o3p8mq.jpg]

I am sorry... Undecided

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post