These thoughts.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2014, 02:35 PM
RE: These thoughts.
(15-04-2014 02:23 PM)Eva Wrote:  I can't begin to understand what having such dark thoughts is like. But I know you'd be missed here as the above posts prove. You are young and still finding out who you are and where life will take you so don't throw in the towel before you've started.

Besides you have a passion for animals and as the owner of three rescue dogs and one rescue cat trust me when I say the world is a better place with you in it. Hang around and see where that passion can take you.

Thanks. I don't know what to do with it though. I want to write papers and do expirements in which using small animals(like planarians and mites) and making them evolve in a way that would make creationist cry in fear.Tongue

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2014, 02:52 PM
(15-04-2014 02:35 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(15-04-2014 02:23 PM)Eva Wrote:  I can't begin to understand what having such dark thoughts is like. But I know you'd be missed here as the above posts prove. You are young and still finding out who you are and where life will take you so don't throw in the towel before you've started.

Besides you have a passion for animals and as the owner of three rescue dogs and one rescue cat trust me when I say the world is a better place with you in it. Hang around and see where that passion can take you.

Thanks. I don't know what to do with it though. I want to write papers and do expirements in which using small animals(like planarians and mites) and making them evolve in a way that would make creationist cry in fear.Tongue

You can do those things but it will take hard work and dedication. That means not letting the dark thoughts dominate and focussing on study. Figure out a plan and start your journey one step at a time. That may sound like a cliche but it's how you'll get things done and how you can begin to break free of the darkness and start to feel better about yourself.

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 1 user Likes Eva's post
15-04-2014, 03:09 PM
(15-04-2014 02:52 PM)Eva Wrote:  
(15-04-2014 02:35 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Thanks. I don't know what to do with it though. I want to write papers and do expirements in which using small animals(like planarians and mites) and making them evolve in a way that would make creationist cry in fear.Tongue

You can do those things but it will take hard work and dedication. That means not letting the dark thoughts dominate and focussing on study. Figure out a plan and start your journey one step at a time. That may sound like a cliche but it's how you'll get things done and how you can begin to break free of the darkness and start to feel better about yourself.

^QFMFT!

small goals are easy and annoying, so you make them quick and without thinking too much. Specially those things that pile up and force you to go outside: take out the trash, buy groceries, the hardware store is near so buy one nail, buy some aspirins in the way back, take a small detour and get some pizza for dinner, hang that thingy before dinner with the new nail. Before you even noticed it you had a absurdly productive day and that makes you feel better.

The lower you feel the smaller the goal you should make, it works. Someone should do some science around it, that's a nobel prize in medicine waiting to be handed out.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
15-04-2014, 06:53 PM
Hey, don't worry much 'bout "whining". This is the issue/support section y'know? I think it should be the "I need advice and a hug but I mostly a hug" section but that might be just me. Hug? Hug!

[Image: anigif_enhanced-buzz-14818-1351098481-8.gif]

What to say that people haven't said...eh, I'll just say things that I'mma thinkin' and so be it if it's a repeat.

I feel really sad that you feel this way, darlin'. If there's anything close to hell, it's thinking that you aren't important in this world and "knowing" that it would revolve just fine without you. These are the sort of thoughts that drain you of your energy, your joy, and anything good in life and naturally are the hardest to get rid of. Damn,they're the hardest things to get rid of. With a bit of elbow grease though, it's possible.

If I'm in correct in understanding, it's not so much of you not being able to talk to be people as not feeling that you hold any amount of importance? Might seem like a silly question, but are you important to you? You're important to people here. Of course you are. Look at all your positive rep and all the people that have offered their support so far. We care about you, darlin', and we'd miss you though we haven't met you in person! But you have to be important to you because, though we are more than willing to help you and laugh with you and support you along with whatever friends you find in life, people aren't always forever. I mean, aside of us dying one day, people have a sad tendency to slip in and out of our lives whether they mean to or not. So while it's good to know you're important to other people, it is not good to let them be the only reason why you're important.

I'd say for help, music of course is good in addition to keeping up with whatever makes you happy. Whether it's animals, drawing, writing, whatever makes you happy (that of course doesn't harm you). Give yourself goals to work towards, small or big. Accomplishing these goals and making yourself happy will help you give yourself purpose and show that you can do things that make your life happy/progressive. Hell, even think of things to do with your future, make goals for that and do your best to make it happen! See about studying abroad in Japan or Australia (did you ever decide between the two? Sorry my memory is so-so and I can't remember), get a degree that would incorporate your interests, all that goodness! And though you're living at home, I'd say try some of these things in this video to help make yourself comfortable with you and being alone with yourself.

And of course, if these thoughts keep popping up, don't be afraid to seek a professional. Yes, you're important enough for that person's time and no, you're not weak because you go out to get help. We can give you as much help as we can but sometimes someone with a degree is good.

But yes, keep your chin up, don't stop thinking about tomorrow, and know people care about you! Hug

Wow, that wound up being kind of long...sorry about that....not really sometimes I feel good being gabby

[Image: notagain.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Miss Suzanne's post
15-04-2014, 07:37 PM
I'm not going to pretend to know your particular situation, but I'll give my two from what I'm hearing from you.

I know where it's coming from, I've been there, and there are millions of people who have felt the same way throughout their lives, especially while they were young and before their life had really gotten going, but who didn't give in to those unwarranted thoughts and went on to lead really happy, productive lives. All of them changed the world in some respect.

I don't say that to downplay what you're feeling, because at the same time there are millions of people who felt the same way, but ended up taking their own lives. These people thought just like you, that no one would care or even notice if they were gone. These millions left behind even greater numbers of people who did love them and grieved for them until their own dying day, wishing they had known something was wrong. These millions of potentially brilliant minds and futures were snuffed out and are being snuffed out daily, because it's hard to see your future happiness if you can't look beyond your present problems. But I do realize that it's hard to do.

The old saying, you can't see the forest for the trees rings true here.

You have an entire lifetime of potential greatness ahead of you, not only for yourself but for the rest of us also. I think you have set your goals high, and that's a good thing. But it's going to take achieving a lot of smaller goals to reach them. A journey is taken one step at a time.

Just don't stop taking steps dude. You're journey will never be known if you do, and we would all miss that.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
15-04-2014, 07:47 PM
I say this in the most kindest, gentlest voice that I can.

You need professional help.
You need to tell your Mom.
You need to do it now.

No one here is qualified to help you, we can give you words of encouragement, and tell you that you are an important member of this forum. Because you are.

But we aren't professionals.....you need the help of a doctor.

As a friend, speaking from my heart, please seek out help.

Heart

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 4 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
15-04-2014, 08:28 PM
(15-04-2014 07:47 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I say this in the most kindest, gentlest voice that I can.

You need professional help.
You need to tell your Mom.
You need to do it now.

No one here is qualified to help you, we can give you words of encouragement, and tell you that you are an important member of this forum. Because you are.

But we aren't professionals.....you need the help of a doctor.

As a friend, speaking from my heart, please seek out help.

Heart

^ this. Is really important that you do that. Even if you get a lousy one it will help a lot

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
15-04-2014, 08:33 PM
If nothing else...please call

Suicide Prevention Directory

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
15-04-2014, 10:02 PM
Ok TPF I dare you to try and say you are not valuable.

I would say that most of the people replying to you in this thread have never met you and do not know the ins and outs of your life. Despite this they are all trying to help you.

You are so valuable that random people will, at your request, do the best they can for you with the resources they have (a forum on the web).

So...no there is absolutely no chance that you are worthless.

Also do what nach_in said I feel that everyone should talk to a psych anyway regardless of their life situation.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
[+] 1 user Likes Xinoftruden's post
15-04-2014, 10:22 PM
(15-04-2014 01:53 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(15-04-2014 01:31 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I had these parasitic thoughts a while back, went to the therapist but he was an asshole so I stopped. Then I met some guys who play board games and managed to get in a dungeon crawler type of game party.

Magically the thoughts stopped, the few times they tried to pop up again I just laughed them off (inside, not out loud, I'm not that crazy...yet). I feel more motivated, so I'm trying to invest energy into other things I like to do that I couldn't find the will to do before (basically trying not to be dependant on only one thing to feel good).

So that's my 2 cents, find something that makes you feel good, specially social interaction (it's amazing how much we tend to underestimate its impact on us). Then use those good feelings to improve the rest of your life. Do this even to the expense of other "more important/serious" matters, as nothing is more important than living your life, so maybe a game can be more important than work Smile

I wish, everyone that plays xbox tends to be a douche.

Excuse me? I'm not a douche...errr...not always...uhm...okay fine whatever Dodgy

I see your "whining" and raise you one question:
Who cares what other people think?

If you want to be technical, no one matters. The world is emotionally constipated, no one can remember the last time it gave a shit about us humans.

So why should you care?

Life doesn't matter unless it matters to you. Whether or not something matters is a perception based upon opinion, not fact; no matter the circumstance.

So why should you care?

Life is a game, one that you can't win; you'll never get out alive. It has its depressing times, but it also has good times as well. All of which, once again, are based upon perception.

So why should you care?

The fact is, only you can answer that question. Only you can truly give your life meaning. If you can't find it, then why not wait it out and see? What do you have to lose?

I'm not going to sit here and say you're the most valuable person in the world, because why should my opinion matter? If I said you were useless, why does it matter? Why are you letting others take control of your life? Man up, and follow the example of the world: Give everyone else the finger and don't give a fuck Smile

Atir aissom atir imon