They actually say this stuff?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2012, 06:56 PM
RE: They actually say this stuff?
(29-05-2012 05:29 AM)robotworld Wrote:  
(28-05-2012 10:59 AM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  Hello RW, nice to meet you and thanks for the input.
I do have to say that you basically end by saying exactly what I was trying to get across. It is a science versus faith debate for most, the one side rejecting the other side's position, claiming that only their side is correct, though we have many examples of crossing the aisles in between...lol.
I don't think, in context of the reply anyway, that this could be called a strawman, as it is not particular science or conclusion(s) of science I am referring to, but Science itself.
In context, a correlation between scripture and the many, many publications of science, is sought to be made, and this is not really the same, hence...apples and oranges. I tried to give what might be viewed as an equivalent, Watchtower publication, to better make the point.
On perhaps a different note, and for the sake of discussion, I would just ask, if Science was abandoned every time some scientist somewhere demonstrates new knowledge that denies the validity of a previously held position, would you say that this was a loss of "trust" in science? Is there that much difference between "trust" and "faith?"
It would be ludicrous to abandon Science because a former understanding was either disproved or expanded, yet, as in the case of the member (and others I have talked to), abandoning faith because they discern an error in their professed faith (denomination)...is completely acceptable.
Again, thanks for the response, I appreciate it very much.
God bless.
Hello S.T. Ranger, thank you for your reply. To answer your question, when some scientist somewhere demonstrates new knowledge which has the capability to overturn previously existing models, there will be resistance of course. People see this scientist's theories as absurd, and may not believe him at the start. It will be up to this budding scientist to demonstrate his theories through experimentation. Other scientists can chime in and replicate the experiments of this scientists. If the experiments do indeed prove that this new scientist is correct, the old model is gradually abandoned for this new model. For instance the wave-particle duality model of light replacing the wave model of light through experiments such as the photoelectric effect. However, if the experiments other scientists do fail to replicate the results of the scientist even if all conditions and equipment are equivalent, the new theory or discovery is abandoned, regardless of its potential to change humanity. For instance, experiments on cold fusion. If the scientist still believes that he is right, it is still up to the scientist to prove himself right using a new and better experiment.

But with regards to faith, we can see that people's ideas of God's work is interpreted differently as time goes by. Theistic evolution is not a common concept we hear before and during Darwin's time, and it is a very recent stance some theists take. What people believe changes along with how society thinks. The stance of homosexuality has shifted in some denominations to become more accepting of them. That seems to be a parallel to scientific progress and development, with the evolution of how people think and such.

If for the sake of argument, a single religion is a field of science, and how the religion progress is similar to how science changes within this field, by right and the end of the day, there will be only one single sect remaining, with the other sects long lost in time. Even if there are some disagreements which seemingly split the single sect to two opposing camps, the two camps will reconcile as soon as possible, and move on as a whole. If science works exactly like how religion works nowadays, all the outdated scientific concepts will still stay and greatly hinder progress. Doctors argue whether to let blood out to cure a person's fever or simply giving the person a pill, there will still be an argument over whether to use A.C. or D.C. to transmit electricity...

If the Catholics, Protestants, Methodists and all the other sects are willing to compromise, and work together to find the common interpretation to the Scripture instead of arguing who has the correct interpretation of the Scripture, then yes, I dare say religion now progresses like how science progresses.
Hello RW, and thanks for the reply! I don't have the time to respond right now, but I will get back to it as soon as possible. Not to whine, but...I'm a little tired. lol
But I do appreciate the time you have put into the conversation and will respond when I get back.
God bess.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-05-2012, 05:12 AM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2012 05:18 AM by Filox.)
Jesus Christ In Haven! What The Fuck Was This?? Big Grin

Nobody has ever spend so much time replying to ... well, anyone's post, ever. You got issues man, start writing a book, let it all out, vent yourself.

Smile

Now, I will try to keep this short, there is not much to tell to each other that we didn't already.

I would like, however, to get back to the "Atheist Symbols". You see, most of these symbols are a farce, a sarcasm and a joke meant for making fun of hard-believers like Creationists. Good example is the fish with legs, that is not "a symbol", that is a joke. Flying Spaghetti Monster, do I need to explain him? Atheists just don't want to be thrown in the same box with any religion, so they distance themselves with some symbols. If you start "fighting" some group, you do not want to be labelled as them, so you are forced to distance yourself and to make that visible. So, it's not like we have symbols for atheism, it's more that those symbols are against religions. There is a difference.

So, no, you can't compare the David's star, moon and star, or the cross with the fish with legs, FSM or the stylists "A"...

Belief. Religious belief to be more precise. Gotta go back to the beginning with this... First there was someone who had to say "There is a God". Then he had to show us proof for his claim. There was no proof, only speculations and some stories. So some people started to BELIEVE in those stories and there we go, they are religious believers. But some other people said that they want evidence. "No, that book is not an evidence, you wrote it", they said, "that is not a valid PROOF, those are your words, and as far as I am concerned you made it all up and you have NO PROOF for any of your claims". Those people just continued with the rest of their lives, just like before they ever hear of your "God". They are not believers, or non-believers, they are just people who do not have any evidence that a supreme deity exists.

You can not call that thing "a belief system", because what is the thing we do not believe? What, we do not believe that there is something no one has ever seen, heard, touched, documented, explained, have proof for, or can show to anyone else? This is not a belief system, this is just called thinking.

Now, you have a completely different perception of the world around you, so can not see this statement the way I see it, but I can see your point, because I was once a believer (a very, very light one...) and I do have the ability to look at things objectively.

You see, you see the world as if God is proven (for you He is, for me, not) and you base all your world-views on that "fact". God is real. So, if I do not believe in God, I am a believer, because God is real and I believe He does not exist. Right? WRONG. God is part of your BELIEF system, He is a part of your religion, He is not and was never proven, so I do not believe that there is no God, there simply IS NO GOD. Why? Because there is no physical, scientific proof for God, so there is nothing for me to believe in. I can not believe that something that does not exists, does not exist. It just does not exist. Smile Did I say this right? A fuck it, I musta have. Quick example: I say that there are no Klingons. Are you a believer for not believing me, or am I just stupid, because I claimed something without evidence?

You have stated that I belong to an atheist group, because I am here on this forum. That's just wrong. I am on an Internet forum, not in any church praying to some imaginary friend. That just has nothing to do with each other. I'll say again, I do not belong to ANY atheist groups, and most of the atheists here also do not belong anywhere. We are not an "organized group" we are strangers hanging on the Internet, talking about subjects we share. This is just a forum, not an organization (so not a colt .45)... Smile

Mulder comment was a joke, which YOU failed to see. Here, a smile. Smile

As for morality... I really can not explain this to someone who thinks that all his morality comes from a book. I mean really, you give so little credit to humans, but give all the credit to a book? Not good, not healthy. Our morality comes from our genetic traits first. Some people are just born bad and no book, education, parenting or anything can make them good. Why? Because we have synapses in our brain and they have different connections and all that determines a lot of our actions. Actually, all of our actions come from our brain, in form of brain signals. We all have different brain structures, so we all have different thinking and different morality as well, since it is a part of our thinking. After genetics we have learning, which shapes our minds through the process of learning, growing up, and all that comes with it. Your parents, the church, the school, friends, life, it all shapes you little by little, but you can not escape your nature. That is why we have moral atheists and immoral Christians, Jews and whatever. Oh yeah, moral is connected with a thing called empathy as well, some people feel it stronger, some less strong, but it plays crucial part of our moral as well.

Atheists do not have rituals, me comming to this forum is a part of my Internet exploring, not my religious ritual. Nothing bad will happen to me if I skip my coming here, but it will be bad if a religious person skips his rituals, it is a sin to not worship your God the way it is meant to be worshipped. Don't confuse our (my) daily routine with your religious ritual.

Who changed your post? Are you sure about that? Only the admin and moderators can change posts and there is 0% chance any of them would do it on purpose, so please ask them the check it out. This is a serious issue, we do not work like that on this forum. EDIT: I just checked and there is not a single post made by you that say that it was edited by anyone, including you. So, your posts were not modified, or else the forum would automatically record that and show it.

Finally, you started to talk about other "versions" of Christianity, you mentioned Islam, my RC upbringing... You feel they are all wrong. Specially Koran, you explicitly said "it was false". If we are talking about God, we are talking about God in general and the existence of a supreme deity. You discard all other religions, you think that just your religion is the one. That is the worst type of "convincing" you can do, the worst. If you think of making any valid statements you must use all the religions, as they all have one thing in common, a God. So if you do not think that Catholics have gotten it right, if Islam is wrong, Jews missed the messiah, whatever gives you the right to claim that your part of God is the true God? How can anyone be so naive to believe that only they got the whole God issue right? Hypocritical, at least. Not good for the future of your arguments.

OK, enough, I will end this, or else I can be here all day grinding my teeth and trying to stay polite and calm. No, I am not angry at you, and I am not nervous because I lack God in my heart, I drank a lot of coffee, didn't smoke anything yet, and I am still on my job, that annoys me. So I apologize if I sound nervous.

Thanx for the HUGE reply to every single line I wrote, there really is no need in all those details, but feel free to continue if you think it is necessary.

Gandalf bless you, my friend.

Peace.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
30-05-2012, 07:56 AM
(30-05-2012 05:12 AM)Filox Wrote:  Jesus Christ In Haven! What The Fuck Was This?? Big Grin

Nobody has ever spend so much time replying to ... well, anyone's post, ever. You got issues man, start writing a book, let it all out, vent yourself.

Smile

Now, I will try to keep this short, there is not much to tell to each other that we didn't already.

I would like, however, to get back to the "Atheist Symbols". You see, most of these symbols are a farce, a sarcasm and a joke meant for making fun of hard-believers like Creationists. Good example is the fish with legs, that is not "a symbol", that is a joke. Flying Spaghetti Monster, do I need to explain him? Atheists just don't want to be thrown in the same box with any religion, so they distance themselves with some symbols. If you start "fighting" some group, you do not want to be labelled as them, so you are forced to distance yourself and to make that visible. So, it's not like we have symbols for atheism, it's more that those symbols are against religions. There is a difference.

So, no, you can't compare the David's star, moon and star, or the cross with the fish with legs, FSM or the stylists "A"...

Belief. Religious belief to be more precise. Gotta go back to the beginning with this... First there was someone who had to say "There is a God". Then he had to show us proof for his claim. There was no proof, only speculations and some stories. So some people started to BELIEVE in those stories and there we go, they are religious believers. But some other people said that they want evidence. "No, that book is not an evidence, you wrote it", they said, "that is not a valid PROOF, those are your words, and as far as I am concerned you made it all up and you have NO PROOF for any of your claims". Those people just continued with the rest of their lives, just like before they ever hear of your "God". They are not believers, or non-believers, they are just people who do not have any evidence that a supreme deity exists.

You can not call that thing "a belief system", because what is the thing we do not believe? What, we do not believe that there is something no one has ever seen, heard, touched, documented, explained, have proof for, or can show to anyone else? This is not a belief system, this is just called thinking.

Now, you have a completely different perception of the world around you, so can not see this statement the way I see it, but I can see your point, because I was once a believer (a very, very light one...) and I do have the ability to look at things objectively.

You see, you see the world as if God is proven (for you He is, for me, not) and you base all your world-views on that "fact". God is real. So, if I do not believe in God, I am a believer, because God is real and I believe He does not exist. Right? WRONG. God is part of your BELIEF system, He is a part of your religion, He is not and was never proven, so I do not believe that there is no God, there simply IS NO GOD. Why? Because there is no physical, scientific proof for God, so there is nothing for me to believe in. I can not believe that something that does not exists, does not exist. It just does not exist. Smile Did I say this right? A fuck it, I musta have. Quick example: I say that there are no Klingons. Are you a believer for not believing me, or am I just stupid, because I claimed something without evidence?

You have stated that I belong to an atheist group, because I am here on this forum. That's just wrong. I am on an Internet forum, not in any church praying to some imaginary friend. That just has nothing to do with each other. I'll say again, I do not belong to ANY atheist groups, and most of the atheists here also do not belong anywhere. We are not an "organized group" we are strangers hanging on the Internet, talking about subjects we share. This is just a forum, not an organization (so not a colt .45)... Smile

Mulder comment was a joke, which YOU failed to see. Here, a smile. Smile

As for morality... I really can not explain this to someone who thinks that all his morality comes from a book. I mean really, you give so little credit to humans, but give all the credit to a book? Not good, not healthy. Our morality comes from our genetic traits first. Some people are just born bad and no book, education, parenting or anything can make them good. Why? Because we have synapses in our brain and they have different connections and all that determines a lot of our actions. Actually, all of our actions come from our brain, in form of brain signals. We all have different brain structures, so we all have different thinking and different morality as well, since it is a part of our thinking. After genetics we have learning, which shapes our minds through the process of learning, growing up, and all that comes with it. Your parents, the church, the school, friends, life, it all shapes you little by little, but you can not escape your nature. That is why we have moral atheists and immoral Christians, Jews and whatever. Oh yeah, moral is connected with a thing called empathy as well, some people feel it stronger, some less strong, but it plays crucial part of our moral as well.

Atheists do not have rituals, me comming to this forum is a part of my Internet exploring, not my religious ritual. Nothing bad will happen to me if I skip my coming here, but it will be bad if a religious person skips his rituals, it is a sin to not worship your God the way it is meant to be worshipped. Don't confuse our (my) daily routine with your religious ritual.

Who changed your post? Are you sure about that? Only the admin and moderators can change posts and there is 0% chance any of them would do it on purpose, so please ask them the check it out. This is a serious issue, we do not work like that on this forum. EDIT: I just checked and there is not a single post made by you that say that it was edited by anyone, including you. So, your posts were not modified, or else the forum would automatically record that and show it.

Finally, you started to talk about other "versions" of Christianity, you mentioned Islam, my RC upbringing... You feel they are all wrong. Specially Koran, you explicitly said "it was false". If we are talking about God, we are talking about God in general and the existence of a supreme deity. You discard all other religions, you think that just your religion is the one. That is the worst type of "convincing" you can do, the worst. If you think of making any valid statements you must use all the religions, as they all have one thing in common, a God. So if you do not think that Catholics have gotten it right, if Islam is wrong, Jews missed the messiah, whatever gives you the right to claim that your part of God is the true God? How can anyone be so naive to believe that only they got the whole God issue right? Hypocritical, at least. Not good for the future of your arguments.

OK, enough, I will end this, or else I can be here all day grinding my teeth and trying to stay polite and calm. No, I am not angry at you, and I am not nervous because I lack God in my heart, I drank a lot of coffee, didn't smoke anything yet, and I am still on my job, that annoys me. So I apologize if I sound nervous.

Thanx for the HUGE reply to every single line I wrote, there really is no need in all those details, but feel free to continue if you think it is necessary.

Gandalf bless you, my friend.

Peace.

Wait...are you saying there are no Klingons?

lol

And you accuse me of long posts? (hypocrite...lol)

Thanks for the reply. since you are averse to long responses, and I must be off to work (works out for both of us, doesn't it...lol), I will make this short.

So how did I do?

lol

By the way, the hypocrite jab was a joke ( I find myself having to explain my humor more and more...how sad. Is it age?), just want to make that clear.

I will comment on one thing: you say you were a "light Christian," could you expand on that? I mean, wouldn't this be akin to "slightly pregnant?"

Have to go (which I am sure I am not the only one thinking...lol).

God bless.
30-05-2012, 08:16 AM
I was a light Christian would mean that I was never hard-core. I attended mass only when needed, there was a very short period that I actually wanted to go to church with my cousin, but that was just for us to hang out, without parents. I never truly believed and I was never a big on religion, but since everybody believed, everybody around me were Christians, so was I. I prayed only and only when I needed something. I didn't read the Bible, if you don't count the Bible For The Young, full of pictures and nice stories. So it was pretty natural for me to stop being a Christian as soon as I started to think about religion, God, Bible and Church. After that I started to think about all religions and God in general and it only confirmed the same story as I had for Christianity. People are sheep and I will not bow my head to no one, not man, not God. I am my own God.

Plus I was always great in biology, chemistry and I loved physics and electronics, so the whole "creation and universe origin" thing was pretty OK without God for me. I could grasp a lot of those scientific facts and understand them, so I never needed God to fill the gaps I might have. I'm not saying you do that, but a lot of religious people don't understand something, so they use God to fill in.

No rush, feel free to jump in when you are able to.

No, I don't get offended by strangers from Internet and yes, I understand jokes, sarcasm, cynism and all that. I grew up with Monty Python, Black Adder, 'Alo 'Alo and similar humor.

Gandalf bless.

Smile

-Hunter S. Thompson
31-05-2012, 01:14 PM
(30-05-2012 08:16 AM)Filox Wrote:  I was a light Christian would mean that I was never hard-core. I attended mass only when needed, there was a very short period that I actually wanted to go to church with my cousin, but that was just for us to hang out, without parents. I never truly believed and I was never a big on religion, but since everybody believed, everybody around me were Christians, so was I. I prayed only and only when I needed something. I didn't read the Bible, if you don't count the Bible For The Young, full of pictures and nice stories. So it was pretty natural for me to stop being a Christian as soon as I started to think about religion, God, Bible and Church. After that I started to think about all religions and God in general and it only confirmed the same story as I had for Christianity. People are sheep and I will not bow my head to no one, not man, not God. I am my own God.

Plus I was always great in biology, chemistry and I loved physics and electronics, so the whole "creation and universe origin" thing was pretty OK without God for me. I could grasp a lot of those scientific facts and understand them, so I never needed God to fill the gaps I might have. I'm not saying you do that, but a lot of religious people don't understand something, so they use God to fill in.

No rush, feel free to jump in when you are able to.

No, I don't get offended by strangers from Internet and yes, I understand jokes, sarcasm, cynism and all that. I grew up with Monty Python, Black Adder, 'Alo 'Alo and similar humor.

Gandalf bless.

Smile

lol...excellent post. Thank you for your honesty, as well as the humor (that is always appreciated).

But you have just got to stop mocking Gandalf!

Just kidding again.

In all seriousness, concerning this...

Quote:I was a light Christian would mean that I was never hard-core. I attended mass only when needed, there was a very short period that I actually wanted to go to church with my cousin, but that was just for us to hang out, without parents. I never truly believed and I was never a big on religion, but since everybody believed, everybody around me were Christians, so was I. I prayed only and only when I needed something. I didn't read the Bible, if you don't count the Bible For The Young, full of pictures and nice stories. So it was pretty natural for me to stop being a Christian as soon as I started to think about religion, God, Bible and Church. After that I started to think about all religions and God in general and it only confirmed the same story as I had for Christianity. People are sheep and I will not bow my head to no one, not man, not God. I am my own God.

...would it be safe to say that while you had a form of belief, would you actually call yourself a believer?

It seems that you were not particularly interested in this religion.

I would aslo like to ask, how would you rate your knowledge level concerning that which this group taught?

And with that, have to get going.

God bless.
01-06-2012, 03:24 AM
Well, since I did attend a lot of masses, I went to Religious Class in my Elementary and High school, I watched all those Bible movies around Easter and Christmas, I can say I was just like any other normal Christian when it comes to understanding Christianity. I knew all the basics, but I never studied or read the Bible, because I was too young. I did however read the Bible For The Young, with pictures and no killings, rapes and all that nice stuff.

At that time I did call myself a believer, but I could never feel like one, not like some people around me were. Something was always fishy with all that.

As I began to question and explore the Bible and Christianity, I began to realise all the lies, false history, the real history that was only interpreted in a religious way and so made false... At this time I would rate my knowledge about Christianity as much higher than most of the Christians have. After that I started to compare Christianity what other religions and realised that the same principle goes around and around and it all comes back to the same story; God-Creator-Everything. So, just like Baha'i, I realised that all religions go back to the one original religion and one and the same God. From some ancient religion all these modern ones developed and since none of the modern ones are truthful, normal, logical, proved, valid, intelligent and moral, the only logical, moral, intelligent and true thing I could do is let go of the old traditions and break the chains of my indoctrination.

It was not an easy thing to do, I still feel the consequences of brain washing and indoctrination, something that I will have to carry for the rest of my life, I guess, but no, I am 100% positive that it is not God I feel, it is the very bad and wrong psychology that I was introduced as a very young kid and poisoned with the retarded stories.

As for my interest in this particular religion, it is the closest one to me, it is part of my heritage, a part of my tradition. So I would say that I am most interested in Roman-Catholicism, if I could be a believer, that is the only one I could believe in. And if they are not good enough to convince me, no other has a chance.

I like the peace and tranquillity that Buddhism promotes, nature, balance and meditation, thinking about life, not death. I get that, I only don't prescribe nothing of that to any God, just us humans and our mind, body and energy. No, not religious energy, not soul, just energy, bio-electric magnetism our bodies produce, a true energy, valid, scientific.

Shazam be with you.

Hope to see this continue...

-Hunter S. Thompson
01-06-2012, 06:15 AM
(01-06-2012 03:24 AM)Filox Wrote:  Well, since I did attend a lot of masses, I went to Religious Class in my Elementary and High school, I watched all those Bible movies around Easter and Christmas, I can say I was just like any other normal Christian when it comes to understanding Christianity. I knew all the basics, but I never studied or read the Bible, because I was too young. I did however read the Bible For The Young, with pictures and no killings, rapes and all that nice stuff.

At that time I did call myself a believer, but I could never feel like one, not like some people around me were. Something was always fishy with all that.

As I began to question and explore the Bible and Christianity, I began to realise all the lies, false history, the real history that was only interpreted in a religious way and so made false... At this time I would rate my knowledge about Christianity as much higher than most of the Christians have. After that I started to compare Christianity what other religions and realised that the same principle goes around and around and it all comes back to the same story; God-Creator-Everything. So, just like Baha'i, I realised that all religions go back to the one original religion and one and the same God. From some ancient religion all these modern ones developed and since none of the modern ones are truthful, normal, logical, proved, valid, intelligent and moral, the only logical, moral, intelligent and true thing I could do is let go of the old traditions and break the chains of my indoctrination.

It was not an easy thing to do, I still feel the consequences of brain washing and indoctrination, something that I will have to carry for the rest of my life, I guess, but no, I am 100% positive that it is not God I feel, it is the very bad and wrong psychology that I was introduced as a very young kid and poisoned with the retarded stories.

As for my interest in this particular religion, it is the closest one to me, it is part of my heritage, a part of my tradition. So I would say that I am most interested in Roman-Catholicism, if I could be a believer, that is the only one I could believe in. And if they are not good enough to convince me, no other has a chance.

I like the peace and tranquillity that Buddhism promotes, nature, balance and meditation, thinking about life, not death. I get that, I only don't prescribe nothing of that to any God, just us humans and our mind, body and energy. No, not religious energy, not soul, just energy, bio-electric magnetism our bodies produce, a true energy, valid, scientific.

Shazam be with you.

Hope to see this continue...

Thanks for the response and the detailed description, filox. In an effort to continue, a couple of questions, perhaps:
You say you have studied history, which leads you to discredit Christianity (Catholicism, maybe, in particular), have you ever looked at the doctrine that sets Catholicism apart from protestant and evangelical doctrine?
If so (and I am keeping in mind your current position, this is basically hypothetical), are you more inclined to side with your heritage? Meaning, kind of as you say, "If one was real, I would believe that doctrine," basically. One issue that divided Catholic and Protestant (and still does) would be the belief of the former that one must perform good works, whereas the latter holds to Christ alone, and faith alone can bring salvation.
Not looking for a view on the doctrine itself, just whether you have looked at the beliefs of these groups in particular, or if you feel they are basically "all the same," with little distinction.
God bless.
01-06-2012, 10:25 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2012 10:29 AM by Filox.)
I never really cared about the doctrine. I cared about the stories, about the story of Jesus, about Noah, about life at the time of Gods, Moses, Abraham... So for me at that time, it was all the same whether you are Catholic or a Protestant. The only difference I knew is that Protestants can get married, Orthodox can have big beards and Catholics have Vatican and Pope. If you look at it today, the principle is the same. The Word Of God has not changed, it is still the same, the stories are the same, the belief is the same, the doctrine is the same...

What happened then? People have changed and they wanted to make religion more suited for them. So, if you ask me, all the Christian "parts" are the same, exactly the same. Most of other religions have the same principles as well, they only have different stories and names.

If you completely discredit one of them, any one of them, religions, cults, branches of religion, you name it, if you discredit just one, everything else collapses like a tower made of cards.

Also, a big question was hovering above me when I started to question my faith. Who is to say that the Catholics have it right? Who is to say that They are not wrong? And then, after I made that question, all other just followed. Who is to say the Buddhists are right? Who is to say the Muslims are right? And so on and so on...

You see, there just is no way that anyone ever can say: "My religion got it right". Even if there is a God, a supreme entity, how can you tell me that the Christians are the one true religion? Or Islam? Or Hinduism? Everybody thinks they are correct and they are not. The most correct of all religions is the hated Baha'i, but they are the ones closest to the truth, if we are to presume that there is a God indeed.

My first step into becoming an atheist was to break down the religion, then the rest of the religions and then I was left an agnostic. Then I wondered I wondered and I realized that God is made up by people who needed to explain new things like lightning. If you start following this kind of thinking the wool ball unfolds rather quickly, you just follow human psychology, the need for comfort (afterlife, Gods love), the easiness that religions bring (forgiveness), the pleasures that you will have after you die, but you will never die... How nice and romantic that all is, isn't it. Just like a nice fairytale. With a happy end. But some of us grow up and we realize that life is a fairytale if you make it that way here, now, on this planet we call Earth (might as well call it Dirt) and that is all there is. We, like any other living thing on this planet, will die. Permanently.

Can we live on? In a way we can, and maybe this whole afterlife BS has it's roots somewhere in some ancient civilizations that came to realize that after you die, your body put to ground, you are disassembled by all sorts of bacteria, animals, plants and mushrooms, so in a way you do not die, your energy comes back to life, to all sorts of life. I am pretty positive that Buddhist reincarnation is nothing more that this process, explained in a metaphysical sense. And this way of thinking got me to explain almost every single part of any religion. It all comes back to something that has to do with either nature around us, or the nature within us, our nature.

Shazam be with you.

-Hunter S. Thompson