They are a republican or democrat because they......

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
16-04-2013, 09:57 AM
RE: They are a republican or democrat because they......
(16-04-2013 08:58 AM)TrulyX Wrote:  There is a difference between the two parties being different from one another and what is actually able to, in practice, get done.

There is obvious and major difference between the parties (name an issue: energy, health, education, guns, welfare, taxation, war, infrastructure/transportation, etc.); BUT (a big but) then we have Americans, our governmental system, politics and voting.

How are they different on guns, welfare, taxation, war, health, education.

What actions have they taken in the past that set them apart from one another?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-04-2013, 10:30 AM
What country, if any, do you like/love/approve of?

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
16-04-2013, 10:36 AM
(16-04-2013 09:57 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(16-04-2013 08:58 AM)TrulyX Wrote:  There is a difference between the two parties being different from one another and what is actually able to, in practice, get done.

There is obvious and major difference between the parties (name an issue: energy, health, education, guns, welfare, taxation, war, infrastructure/transportation, etc.); BUT (a big but) then we have Americans, our governmental system, politics and voting.

How are they different on guns, welfare, taxation, war, health, education.

What actions have they taken in the past that set them apart from one another?

You have to keep in mind that the parties are bigger than what can be viewed simply, and take into account what I said.

Take a look at the party platforms-- that's actually action, even if you want to call it words; look at legislation is certain cities/states to put limits on guns, compared to others that go the opposite direction; abortion being made harder to access, in many different ways, in certain areas; look at voting bills: either to limit or expand voting; support for wars and conflicts, compared to opposition; support for certain types of health care reform (the recent one: how it was passed, who supports/doesn't currently and for what reasons); look at support for gay marriage (what party is leading for equality and in the courts); financial, wealth equality, taxes, justice, etc (state, local and national level judges, lawyers and legislative agendas); funding for programs in the South versus the N. East, education in those areas, as far as what is supported for curriculum, etc., etc.

You really can't take a Democrat following their agenda, views, money, time and effort, then take a Republican, and after a comparison, say that we are not dealing with two unique, distinct parties.

However, if you did want to just look at it, in terms of what actually gets done, monumentally, on a huge level, you obviously aren't going to find as big of a difference (simply measuring results only). You have to take into account the things I mentioned previously: Americans, our governmental system, politics and voting.

We are not dealing with a system where the sentiment of the whole is going to translate into change and things getting done, in support of that, quickly and largely, and I view that as a good thing. I'm glad we aren't the country that can, as a majority, decide that we are pissed off today, and then tomorrow we are killing off all of the Jews.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
16-04-2013, 12:02 PM
(16-04-2013 06:02 AM)I and I Wrote:  Can anyone here name 4 things that a so called democrat or republican has done that makes them one and not the other? Warning: Note that my question referred to actions not promises or words in speeches.
1) Getting born in R or D family
2) Growing up in R or D family
3) Working in a red or blue state
4) Having or not having a business.
So much for democracy Wink

[+] 1 user Likes Luminon's post
14-08-2013, 10:06 AM
Here are the faults with the Republican party (I apologize in advance for the internet abbreviated writing, I copied and pasted some youtube comments I made where I was trying to make everything fit in the 500 characters allotted for youtube comments)

Republicans don't want to accept the fact that BUSH, a Republican, was the biggest cancer on this nation who screwed EVERYTHING up, so they decide to blame Obama for not cleaning up the mess fast enough! LOL!!

Bush was the one who created the biggest job loss in over 90 years, he created the chain that led to the depression, and he was the one who made up that Iran had weapons of mass destruction JUST so that he could invade! He gave the retarded Republican population a big rah rah rah speech about America being some "team," and they were on board.

But Obama didn't clean up Bush's mess fast enough, so Republicans take the blame off Bush and throw it at Obama just so that they don't have to accept the fact that it's the Republican party's fault. Who elects a President who got less than a 400 on his SAT and had his rich dad unfairly get him into Yale?!

The Republitards think that it's "smart," to ignore the 99% of the nation who are not rich, and instead give all the help to the 1% of the rich in America, completely unnecessary.

I found some studies that show that the average liberal is a lot more succesful and wealthy than the average republican. this is because liberals don't blame all of their problems on obama. they have a different mindset, and look where it gets them? Foreigners don't take school for granted, they work as hard as they can because they know that education is a privilege, and rather than choosing someone to blame for their problems, they just put their minds to it. THAT'S WHY ASIANS ARE WINNING

Plus, whenever a Republitard is proven wrong, they immediately resort to calling all Democrats Communists and saying that it's "not even an exaggeration." If you are too retarded to realize the HUGE difference between democracy and communism, you shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Also, Republicans are bias machines. They generalize the entire Muslim population as being terrorists, when in reality, literally less than 0.1% of them are. Glenn Beck made up on the top of his head that it was 10%, but he was proven wrong by dozens of people smarter than him. 10% of the entire Muslim population is 157,000,000, btw. Dumbass.

But Republitards don't care, because the only reason they're Republican is because they listened to whatever biased crap their parents preached to them without doing so much as looking up the statistics and facts that would disprove them. All Republicans just want to hear is some idiot telling them what they want to hear, rather than actually trying to disprove their hypothesis.
On the contrary, Democrats are Democrats because they took the time to research the facts and statistics and find what party is right.

If u want to make up facts, u can't argue with the smarter democrats who actually pick up a book once in a while
Oxford and Harvard studies both indicate that the crime rate went down 78% in Spain, 65% in England, and 71% in Germany after strict gun control was initiated.

Don't forget about the other retarded points of the republicans:
-They have dicks in their asses about immigrants, even though they are all descendants of immigrants who came here, took over, raped and killed the natives. Yet u want to be mad at Mexicans? Mexicans are doing the hardest jobs for shit pay that u wouldn't even consider doing, and without them, industries such as Tropicana would be down to shit.

ahh, the retarded radical reckless redneck, gaybashing, southern hicks who actually agree with lowering the education budget even though that's the only key to this nations future, who think that Christianity should run the nation even though over 90 million people in this nation aren't Christian (and retarded), and don't give a shit how many people die each year from gun violence as long as u get to fire ur little guns freely, knowing that statistics show that the crime rate would go down 78%.

don't forget, the legal immigrants (who pay taxes) who are working their asses off from before dawn to midnight in the fields, the ones that all of these companies depend on so much because they are the only ones who are willing to do that kind of work, can't even get liscenses or anything, but still can get bills from the irs.
Yet some WWE republican retarded bitch moans about them. Okay! Deport them all! But say goodbye to all ur favorite food companies and 90% of your fucking breakfast.

Want some more facts? Look at the other comments. its cute that a retarded republican wants to suddenly care about facts, but u've just stepped into a boat that ur people have been out of for decades. sorry, kid. maybe next time.

lol Look everyone! the cute little republican thinks that the liberals are the ones who are ignorant and dont care about facts! its ok, he's not old enough to understand that its way the fuck around. he just needs to stop watching fox news.
im making a statement towards conservative republicanism in itself. but its ok, i wouldnt expect a republican to know the difference.

LOOOL. suddenly now the republican gives the tiniest shit about facts?
ok. u wanna look at facts, redneck? heres a fact: education is what trains kids properly and prepares them to run this country in the future. Yet republicans wanna cut the education budget even more! it needs more funding, if anything. teachers salaries are shit. but what do republicans care about our future?
Here's another fact: you're the descendent of immigrants who invaded, killed, and raped the natives. yet, now u mad?

Another fact: 90 million americans arent christian. yet republicans want christianity to rule the law
14-08-2013, 08:20 PM
Re: They are a republican or democrat because they......
Elizabeth Warren?

Fought the support of Big Banks.
Opposed conservative leaning bipartisan plan on loans/debt.
Brought up a bill so that students should get same interest rates as banks from government.
idk of she opposed outright, but mocked current drug laws in leading to jailing.

But now she's considered a liberal extremist.

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
14-08-2013, 09:10 PM

I Disagree here, The parties are purely a figurehead for the money and the lobbyists that push their buttons. There really isn't a difference in their ideas...mo' money is mo' better...They push whatever Idea their money source tells them to.

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"
15-08-2013, 07:20 AM
(14-08-2013 09:10 PM)Likos02 Wrote:  

I Disagree here, The parties are purely a figurehead for the money and the lobbyists that push their buttons. There really isn't a difference in their ideas...mo' money is mo' better...They push whatever Idea their money source tells them to.

Politicians could get money from all of the same sources, all sharing the exact same biases (which isn't the case) and that still wouldn't affect the party ideas.

Politicians still have to win elections and thus appeal to voters who respond to completely different rhetoric. The people voting make up the parties, not simply the politicians.

There isn't a substantial left-right divide between the parties, and America is still pushed rightward, but if we are just talking about differences, superficial or not, there are a lot. There have to be those differences in order for certain politicians to appeal to certain people, in order to gain votes and not lose them, and then in office, they are going to have to come through on at least some of those things in order to keep the support. Triangulation can only get you so far.

There isn't a left-wing revolution, but that is pretty much stating the obvious.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
15-08-2013, 08:35 AM
(14-08-2013 10:06 AM)proudofit1234 Wrote:  Here are the faults with the Republican party (I apologize in advance for the internet abbreviated writing, I copied and pasted some youtube comments I made where I was trying to make everything fit in the 500 characters allotted for youtube comments)

Republicans don't want to accept the fact that BUSH, a Republican, was the biggest cancer on this nation who screwed EVERYTHING up, so they decide to blame Obama for not cleaning up the mess fast enough! LOL!!

Bush was the one who created the biggest job loss in over 90 years, he created the chain that led to the depression, and he was the one who made up that Iran had weapons of mass destruction JUST so that he could invade! He gave the retarded Republican population a big rah rah rah speech about America being some "team," and they were on board.

But Obama didn't clean up Bush's mess fast enough, so Republicans take the blame off Bush and throw it at Obama just so that they don't have to accept the fact that it's the Republican party's fault. Who elects a President who got less than a 400 on his SAT and had his rich dad unfairly get him into Yale?!

The Republitards think that it's "smart," to ignore the 99% of the nation who are not rich, and instead give all the help to the 1% of the rich in America, completely unnecessary.

I found some studies that show that the average liberal is a lot more succesful and wealthy than the average republican. this is because liberals don't blame all of their problems on obama. they have a different mindset, and look where it gets them? Foreigners don't take school for granted, they work as hard as they can because they know that education is a privilege, and rather than choosing someone to blame for their problems, they just put their minds to it. THAT'S WHY ASIANS ARE WINNING

Plus, whenever a Republitard is proven wrong, they immediately resort to calling all Democrats Communists and saying that it's "not even an exaggeration." If you are too retarded to realize the HUGE difference between democracy and communism, you shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Also, Republicans are bias machines. They generalize the entire Muslim population as being terrorists, when in reality, literally less than 0.1% of them are. Glenn Beck made up on the top of his head that it was 10%, but he was proven wrong by dozens of people smarter than him. 10% of the entire Muslim population is 157,000,000, btw. Dumbass.

But Republitards don't care, because the only reason they're Republican is because they listened to whatever biased crap their parents preached to them without doing so much as looking up the statistics and facts that would disprove them. All Republicans just want to hear is some idiot telling them what they want to hear, rather than actually trying to disprove their hypothesis.
On the contrary, Democrats are Democrats because they took the time to research the facts and statistics and find what party is right.

If u want to make up facts, u can't argue with the smarter democrats who actually pick up a book once in a while
Oxford and Harvard studies both indicate that the crime rate went down 78% in Spain, 65% in England, and 71% in Germany after strict gun control was initiated.

Don't forget about the other retarded points of the republicans:
-They have dicks in their asses about immigrants, even though they are all descendants of immigrants who came here, took over, raped and killed the natives. Yet u want to be mad at Mexicans? Mexicans are doing the hardest jobs for shit pay that u wouldn't even consider doing, and without them, industries such as Tropicana would be down to shit.

ahh, the retarded radical reckless redneck, gaybashing, southern hicks who actually agree with lowering the education budget even though that's the only key to this nations future, who think that Christianity should run the nation even though over 90 million people in this nation aren't Christian (and retarded), and don't give a shit how many people die each year from gun violence as long as u get to fire ur little guns freely, knowing that statistics show that the crime rate would go down 78%.

don't forget, the legal immigrants (who pay taxes) who are working their asses off from before dawn to midnight in the fields, the ones that all of these companies depend on so much because they are the only ones who are willing to do that kind of work, can't even get liscenses or anything, but still can get bills from the irs.
Yet some WWE republican retarded bitch moans about them. Okay! Deport them all! But say goodbye to all ur favorite food companies and 90% of your fucking breakfast.

Want some more facts? Look at the other comments. its cute that a retarded republican wants to suddenly care about facts, but u've just stepped into a boat that ur people have been out of for decades. sorry, kid. maybe next time.

lol Look everyone! the cute little republican thinks that the liberals are the ones who are ignorant and dont care about facts! its ok, he's not old enough to understand that its way the fuck around. he just needs to stop watching fox news.
im making a statement towards conservative republicanism in itself. but its ok, i wouldnt expect a republican to know the difference.

LOOOL. suddenly now the republican gives the tiniest shit about facts?
ok. u wanna look at facts, redneck? heres a fact: education is what trains kids properly and prepares them to run this country in the future. Yet republicans wanna cut the education budget even more! it needs more funding, if anything. teachers salaries are shit. but what do republicans care about our future?
Here's another fact: you're the descendent of immigrants who invaded, killed, and raped the natives. yet, now u mad?

Another fact: 90 million americans arent christian. yet republicans want christianity to rule the law
oh puleeze. If only everything was so simple as reading the daily kos for the talking points noted above. It is the type of extremism and lack of independent thought that you exhibit with this post that plagues the US from developing any meaningful legislation. I hope this post is not an example of what you will be bringing to this forum.
15-08-2013, 11:16 AM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2013 12:59 AM by I Am.)
(16-04-2013 06:02 AM)I and I Wrote:  According to some people... there are two different political factions in the U.S. named republican and democrat... Can anyone here name 4 things that a so called democrat or republican has done that makes them one and not the other?

Nothing "makes them" one or the other, except self-identification with and cooperation with the group. Neither group exists independently of its membership, just like the Moose Lodge and the PTA.

One way the D's and R's distinguish and define each other is by taking opposing positions on bills in the legislature. Those opposing views may or may not be a) consistent with stated platforms, b) representative of party members' views, or c) in the best interest of the people supposedly represented, but they are minimally distinguished by a for/against polarity, with some margin for error when individual lawmakers vote against the bulk of their party.

If your point is that the results of this arrangement are largely negative or indistinguishable, no matter which side wins, well then just SAY SO, rather than going through this 4-characteristic quiz show business. Offer some examples where you think their opposition to X or Y has no difference in the end. You might start a discussion that way.

WWMWAZSKDTVQHTMJD?
[+] 1 user Likes I Am's post