They better not bury me a christian.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2012, 12:05 AM
RE: They better not bury me a christian.
We're all star dust anyway, in a few billion years. So yeah, cremation is good, if ya don't want to get dug up, and stuck in a museum for kids to come by and look at, or "warshed" away by a flood, or upchucked by the earthquake.

But ya gotta really beware of those Mormons. They baptize dead people. Be sure and tell the lawyer what ya want for your after-death baptismal name.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
22-03-2012, 12:33 AM
What a pack of sad sacks, isn’t baptising dead people just a tad late?
Kinda like giving aspirin to Kim Jong Il, the thought is there but it’s not doing much.
Why not just baptise the phone book?
Just as meaningful and it’ll free up the rest of the day to annoy someone who was chilling out having a cuppa with their feet up.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Karl's post
22-03-2012, 12:37 AM
Damn bucky beat me to the mormon joke >.> I was gonna warn you not to be buried in a cemetery or centuries from now some teenager will be pouring water on your grave =p I wonder how often dead people are rebaptized, do they really take a count of which graves were hit and share it globally? What about grave robbers switching bodies? Enough about mormon gravedigging =p

I too feel it's quite important that while you are dead your wishes are understood. Who in this world only knows peole who share the exact same belief? If there's a huge difference in a catholic or baptist wedding, well what about the funerals? I think that all public funerals should be held in a secular way as everyone has friends who in one way or another will not agree with the chosen funeral arrangements. Rather than allowing your death to be a time of proselytizing and conversion make sure that it's about your death. It's a sad issue with christians that they always seem to think everyone is a christian, or also simply that only christians will be hurt. How happy do you think all the jews are to be sitting in a funeral home hearing 3 hours of jesus talk? How many hindu's want to be part of the choir of angels? There are plenty of people who don't think the same as you. Be respectful of everyone and do one of two things. Leave beliefs out of death and focus on who this person was, or just celebrate his own beliefs. No matter what there will be people who do not agree with the service.

Funerals are about those left behind, but let's remember it's about all of them not the few who happen to be paying for the process.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
22-03-2012, 12:47 AM
More propagation of the stereotype; a spin-off of ancestor worship. People simulating their own deaths in life. Respect the dead? Fuck that, ain't we grown up yet? Without the animation in the neural net, it's compost. Should be recycled so kids don't play with it. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post