They cannot be serious

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2012, 03:15 PM
RE: They cannot be serious
(25-01-2012 03:03 PM)angry_liberal Wrote:  Still my first reaction was that it it is not surprising that stupid people can use a mouse. The mouse was after all invented because too many people do not feel confident using a UNIX command line.

By this logic, the touch screen technology was invented because monkeys can use it too so even the most horribly stupid people can grunt and point with their finger to see pretty colors.

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Malleus's post
25-01-2012, 03:25 PM
(25-01-2012 03:15 PM)Malleus Wrote:  
(25-01-2012 03:03 PM)angry_liberal Wrote:  Still my first reaction was that it it is not surprising that stupid people can use a mouse. The mouse was after all invented because too many people do not feel confident using a UNIX command line.

By this logic, the touch screen technology was invented because monkeys can use it too so even the most horribly stupid people can grunt and point with their finger to see pretty colors.

Well no. I have to admit that the computers I use most frequently have just a command line. I find it easier that way. So I am just weird. Also if all I am going to do in a computer is throw up an xterm I might as well not have a GUI. I am well aware that the GUI and the mouse opened up new possibilities for computers but back in the day noone using computers was especially bothered by the lack of a GUI interface.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-01-2012, 03:26 PM

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Reminds me of when I used windows first time (after having used linux only before) and trying to install something, not having a clue how it works and you were like "click on it!" Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
25-01-2012, 03:37 PM
(25-01-2012 03:03 PM)angry_liberal Wrote:  The mouse was after all invented because too many people do not feel confident using a UNIX command line.

Pretty sure it's because command lines looked antiquated and boring. The mouse introduced more user interaction with the computer. It's futuristic. Which is obviously an extremely common reason new comp tech is invented. Like the touch screen.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
25-01-2012, 03:42 PM

Touch screen technology pre-dates the mouse.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
25-01-2012, 03:46 PM
(25-01-2012 03:25 PM)angry_liberal Wrote:  

Well no. I have to admit that the computers I use most frequently have just a command line. I find it easier that way. So I am just weird. Also if all I am going to do in a computer is throw up an xterm I might as well not have a GUI. I am well aware that the GUI and the mouse opened up new possibilities for computers but back in the day noone using computers was especially bothered by the lack of a GUI interface.

No, don't take it back. They did make computers smarter (and slower) to compensate for user stupidity.

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
[+] 1 user Likes Malleus's post
25-01-2012, 03:48 PM
(25-01-2012 03:46 PM)Malleus Wrote:  No, don't take it back. They did make computers smarter (and slower) to compensate for user stupidity.

I don't think I took anything back. I just forgot to add the "But I'm wierd disclaimer."
25-01-2012, 04:19 PM
http://www.godhatesshrimp.com/ The thinking Atheist brought this up before.

Come on guys, why stop at one abomination when we should hunt them both down! Down with lobsters and shrimp and the abominations they are for just being animals that we can consume! How unholy an octopus is for resembling the spaghetti monster! The monstrosity that clams and mussels do unto our children!

I love how they choose to pick one thing from the bible too hate but completely forget the others.

http://www.humanistsofutah.org/2002/WhyC...10-02.html

I love this letter and it shows all the flaws and idiotic ideals that people have forgotten but the church still needs someone to hate and blame to make themselves feel better like they have done throughout history.

Also, does anyone else find it sad that it is a human rights petition and the petition is too take a right away from homosexual people?

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
25-01-2012, 04:28 PM
(25-01-2012 04:19 PM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  Also, does anyone else find it sad that it is a human rights petition and the petition is too take a right away from homosexual people?

Yeah that was exactly my point. But the petition is also really crass and so I think worth a laugh.
[+] 1 user Likes angry_liberal's post
25-01-2012, 09:22 PM
The use of the name of "god" to promote hatefulness is so tiring. Any excuse to be a bigot.

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink