They're applauding Obama at the memorial ceremony for the Boston tragedy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-04-2013, 12:00 PM
RE: They're applauding Obama at the memorial ceremony for the Boston tragedy
I am willing to allow you, and everyone else, the opportunity to review my drafting of a constitution, why can you not do the same with your plan - don't have it drafted, yet???

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-04-2013, 12:12 PM
(18-04-2013 12:00 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  I am willing to allow you, and everyone else, the opportunity to review my drafting of a constitution, why can you not do the same with your plan - don't have it drafted, yet???

↑ This is one of the things I mentioned.... presupposition of my positions. Of course I've drafted no new constitution and I don' t intend to. Nor do I care what someone else thinks about how other people should go about their lives.

And thanks for the civility. I sincerely appreciate it.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-04-2013, 12:20 PM
Okay, then direct me to the discussion where you made comprehensible impact, and caused others to recognize that you had a more accurate reasoning, and they have changed their minds and are setting about with the knowledge you have delivered to make this a better world; or anything significant that you think would convince me that reading your comments are worthy of my time, among the critical mass of insightful people at this compendium.

Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
18-04-2013, 12:40 PM
(18-04-2013 12:20 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Okay, then direct me to the discussion where you made comprehensible impact, and caused others to recognize that you had a more accurate reasoning, and they have changed their minds and are setting about with the knowledge you have delivered to make this a better world; or anything significant that you think would convince me that reading your comments are worthy of my time, among the critical mass of insightful people at this compendium.

I've not made any of those claims. If I have convinced anyone to change their thinking, why have you supposed it was in one discussion? Also, I have no way of knowing whether or not someone takes anything I say and acts upon it unless they report that to me. There have been a few times when people have agreed with something I've said but that doesn't mean they've changed their entire world view to mine. And I hope that just by my words, no one changes their world view. That takes an incredible amount of time, consideration and study and anyone who simply changes their mind over even a few conversations with another person is likely not doing so for the correct reasons.

As for convincing you my comments are worth your time... you've read a number of them so far, so ask yourself. You're the only person who can judge value for you. And I for me. Which is why I am vehemently against the notion that a single document can be applicable to some 300 million+ individuals.

I would imagine you know this but, you can click my name and my profile will appear. From their, you can choose "Find all threads". That will bring up a list of conversations I've participated in and you can choose those of interest to you. There are a number of them in the political and philosophical sections and I know of at least one that is devoted solely to the discussion of anarchism.

I'm sure you can appreciate that it would be senseless for me to retype thousands of words just so you can see if you have further interest or questions.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
18-04-2013, 01:00 PM (This post was last modified: 18-04-2013 01:06 PM by TrainWreck.)
(18-04-2013 12:40 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  There have been a few times when people have agreed with something I've said

Direct me to as many examples of this as you can - do not expect me to go through all the discussions to find them.
Frusty

18-04-2013, 01:04 PM
(18-04-2013 01:00 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  ~do not expect me to go through all the discussions.

Ditto. If your only interest in learning something is in how many people agree with it, you're not interested in the material, you're interested in following a crowd.

[+] 2 users Like bbeljefe's post
18-04-2013, 01:20 PM
Train wreck indeed. Drinking Beverage

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
18-04-2013, 01:43 PM (This post was last modified: 18-04-2013 01:57 PM by TrainWreck.)
(18-04-2013 01:04 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 01:00 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  ~do not expect me to go through all the discussions.
Ditto. If your only interest in learning something is in how many people agree with it, you're not interested in the material, you're interested in following a crowd.

Then what is it that you want me to consider?

It should not be that difficult for you to find a couple of the few examples of your intellectual influence on other members, if you can remember that there were a "few" - they should stick out as some ques that you can grasp in your memory that would lead you to find the discussion.

19-04-2013, 08:07 AM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2013 08:16 AM by TrainWreck.)
(18-04-2013 11:57 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 11:20 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Do you have a description of a better system, than what we got?
As a matter of fact I do.
As, we learned, you do not have a description.

(18-04-2013 11:57 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  However, that's irrelevant to the point I was making. It isn't requisite upon those who identify a problem to have the solution ready before they speak up.
If you do not have a solution to the problem, you are considered to be immature in intellectual abilities, and questionable as to being able to correctly identify problems. You want to be able to prove that you understand the ideal systems, to be able to demonstrate that you understand the faulty systems - that is how science works - that is why you seek a medical doctor for physical ailments, and not a plumber, or computer programmer.

(18-04-2013 11:57 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  And to be frank, I've no interest in discussing my solution with you because it's been my experience that you show no curiosity whatever. In what little interaction you and I have had, you've resorted immediately to cheap, baseless insults, presupposition of my positions and a general lack of interest in productive debate. Moreover, I find your narcissistic, bullying tactics to be distasteful at best.
I have tried to be compliant with the sensitivities of atheists, but atheists are not very sensitive, and are mostly hypocritical to the ethical standard that you are espousing - atheists consistently are complicit in the presupposition of Christians and disrespectful to them with insults and names. This is the same behavior of hate groups - atheists hate Christians and refuse to acknowledge it, because atheists are dependent on Christians, just as a child is dependent on its guardian. Just like the niggers, atheists cannot organize community, because they do not trust each other.

(18-04-2013 11:57 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  But if you truly are interested in conversation, you can search the threads I've participated in and can read in great detail what my positions actually are. Afterward, if you have questions and can maintain some semblance of civility, I would be more than happy to discuss them with you because I think you do have the intellect to carry on a productive conversation, if you could just put down the psychological defenses long enough.
You are in the larger area of the bell curve with most people, you are not in the high end, smaller area, that I am in - you are not worth my time, except to prove how smart I is.

19-04-2013, 08:35 AM
(19-04-2013 08:07 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  ~you are not worth my time, except to prove how smart I is.

Well, what can I say? It's what I does. Wink