They're applauding Obama at the memorial ceremony for the Boston tragedy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-04-2013, 04:38 PM
RE: They're applauding Obama at the memorial ceremony for the Boston tragedy
(18-04-2013 11:14 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Grandstanding is a hallmark of politicians, regardless their particular bent. Where it is happening is irrelevant to the purpose of his photo op, because it's just that... a photo op. All politicians do it during all major events, good, bad or indifferent.

In keeping with your style of writing...

It shouldn't be that hard for people to see that politics is the tool of sociopaths who only seek self aggrandizement and power over other human beings. It shouldn't be that difficult for people to see that the goals of a standing president, regardless his political label, are based wholly on self interest. It shouldn't be that difficult for people to see that the US constitution was written and signed by a tiny minority of people without the informed consent of every person over whom the contract document claims authority. It shouldn't be that difficult for people to understand that no legal contract obligates in any way, the posterity of those who sign it. It shouldn't be that hard for people to understand that social contracts rely solely on the passive acceptance of those being ruled by them, as they are mere concepts and not actual contract documents to which individuals are free to sign or not sign. It shouldn't be that hard for people to realize that if they distrust their fellow human beings, giving a small minority of those untrusted human beings a monopoly on the violation of their property is counterintuitive at best.

I forgot, you are the resident anarchist right?

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-04-2013, 06:24 PM
(23-04-2013 04:38 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 11:14 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Grandstanding is a hallmark of politicians, regardless their particular bent. Where it is happening is irrelevant to the purpose of his photo op, because it's just that... a photo op. All politicians do it during all major events, good, bad or indifferent.

In keeping with your style of writing...

It shouldn't be that hard for people to see that politics is the tool of sociopaths who only seek self aggrandizement and power over other human beings. It shouldn't be that difficult for people to see that the goals of a standing president, regardless his political label, are based wholly on self interest. It shouldn't be that difficult for people to see that the US constitution was written and signed by a tiny minority of people without the informed consent of every person over whom the contract document claims authority. It shouldn't be that difficult for people to understand that no legal contract obligates in any way, the posterity of those who sign it. It shouldn't be that hard for people to understand that social contracts rely solely on the passive acceptance of those being ruled by them, as they are mere concepts and not actual contract documents to which individuals are free to sign or not sign. It shouldn't be that hard for people to realize that if they distrust their fellow human beings, giving a small minority of those untrusted human beings a monopoly on the violation of their property is counterintuitive at best.

I forgot, you are the resident anarchist right?

That is correct.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-04-2013, 07:16 PM
I thought he was doin gsome sort of parody gag.

Humanists of West Florida
GC CoR
P'cola Skeptic in thePub
GC Freethinker
24-04-2013, 09:26 AM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2013 09:36 AM by Logica Humano.)
(23-04-2013 06:24 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 04:38 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I forgot, you are the resident anarchist right?

That is correct.

Good luck with your delusion that the absence of government is a plausible ideology, or that it would even be ideal.

24-04-2013, 10:20 AM
(24-04-2013 09:26 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(23-04-2013 06:24 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  That is correct.

Good luck with your delusion that the absence of government is a plausible ideology, or that it would even be ideal.

Why do you say that?

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
24-04-2013, 10:31 AM
(24-04-2013 10:20 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(24-04-2013 09:26 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Good luck with your delusion that the absence of government is a plausible ideology, or that it would even be ideal.

Why do you say that?

Why would I wish you luck? Well, it is just a nice thing to say.

[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
24-04-2013, 05:02 PM
(24-04-2013 10:31 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(24-04-2013 10:20 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Why do you say that?

Why would I wish you luck? Well, it is just a nice thing to say.

That's nice of you. Why do you say that humans interacting voluntarily is a delusion? I'm assuming you mean that we will never be able to interact voluntarily and, I inferred that you don't think it's a good idea for humans to interact voluntarily. That's really where my curiosity was piqued.