They've done all they can do...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2017, 05:19 PM
They've done all they can do...
"PRAYERS NEEDED :Urgent prayer request! Kayla S****'s 22 month old son accidentally shot himself in the chest with a brad nailer (construction nail gun). It went off in his heart ~ He is now in critical condition and not doing well neither is his mom ~ Please start a prayer chain for this baby Please copy & re-post. As you would want someone to do it for you, thanx guys I wanna see this as your status for at least half hr please!!!!"

^^^3 Hours ago this was posted on Facebook. ^^^

I guess the concern is over and it's in god's hands now because she just checked into a sports-bar 9 minutes ago for adult beverages.
Facepalm
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
08-04-2017, 05:37 PM
RE: They've done all they can do...
(08-04-2017 05:19 PM)pablo Wrote:  "PRAYERS NEEDED :Urgent prayer request! Kayla S****'s 22 month old son accidentally shot himself in the chest with a brad nailer (construction nail gun). It went off in his heart ~ He is now in critical condition and not doing well neither is his mom ~ Please start a prayer chain for this baby Please copy & re-post. As you would want someone to do it for you, thanx guys I wanna see this as your status for at least half hr please!!!!"

I guess the concern is over and it's in god's hands now because she just checked into a sports-bar 9 minutes ago for adult beverages.
Facepalm

Sorry to hear about the wee lad. Those things are dangerous. I used to use them daily and I've shot myself twice, luckily not bad injuries but I've seen many others with worse. Nothing like this boy though. I hope he makes it.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
08-04-2017, 05:49 PM
I find it hard to believe a child this young could hold a brad nailer to his chest with enough force to then pull the trigger.

Most nailers have a pressure piece where the nail comes out to prevent accidental mishaps.
You can't just pull the trigger. Nothing will happen.

And even if you were to fire it into your chest, the nail is very thin and although painful, removing it would probably cause more damage than the nail itself did.

It seems like their godly babysitter probably shot the kid on purpose. It's all part of the psycho's plan.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
08-04-2017, 05:59 PM
If it is true, I honestly feel bad for him and his family and hope for a speedy recovery.

What always grinds my gears about these types of "pray for someone" posts, is the presumption that I believe what they believe.
I just unfriended that dipshit... in fact I just pulled up my friends list on FB and cleared out about 12 people who I barely know.
I have too many nitwit friends on there.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
08-04-2017, 06:06 PM
Too bad god didn't stop the kid from shooting himself.....
[+] 7 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
08-04-2017, 06:45 PM
(08-04-2017 05:49 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I find it hard to believe a child this young could hold a brad nailer to his chest with enough force to then pull the trigger.

Most nailers have a pressure piece where the nail comes out to prevent accidental mishaps.
You can't just pull the trigger. Nothing will happen.

And even if you were to fire it into your chest, the nail is very thin and although painful, removing it would probably cause more damage than the nail itself did.

It seems like their godly babysitter probably shot the kid on purpose. It's all part of the psycho's plan.

If it was a brad gun and not a full sized nail gun it would be easy. A child that young couldn't probably lift a full size nail gun up and put it to his chest. But if he did and his finger was on the trigger, all it would take is for the tip to depress. Some are hard to depress but most are easy and a brad gun sometimes only has a thin, easily depressed tip. It's easy to develop a bad habit of keeping one's finger on the trigger and bumping the gun tip to fire it. If your finger is on the trigger and you hit that tip on anything it will fire. It doesn't take a lot of pressure. Mine only weighs about 2 lbs. and it will fire a 2 1/4 inch brad. Yes they are very thin but the head would most likely go beneath the surface of the skin, giving it a little more reach.

I hate hearing about things like this. I think back to how many times mine was laying around in the shop when my kids were young. I was lucky this didn't happen but then I taught them about it and showed them what it would do.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 2 users Like true scotsman's post
08-04-2017, 06:49 PM
(08-04-2017 05:19 PM)pablo Wrote:  "PRAYERS NEEDED :Urgent prayer request! Kayla S****'s 22 month old son accidentally shot himself in the chest with a brad nailer (construction nail gun). It went off in his heart ~ He is now in critical condition and not doing well neither is his mom ~ Please start a prayer chain for this baby Please copy & re-post. As you would want someone to do it for you, thanx guys I wanna see this as your status for at least half hr please!!!!"

Facepalm

You just know too that someone will probably say that God allowed it to happen to test the parents or something equally asinine. Or even worse, "god needed a new angel in heaven".

[+] 2 users Like true scotsman's post
08-04-2017, 06:52 PM

Facepalm

What else ya gonna do but get some sacrificial wine to go with the prayer. Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
08-04-2017, 06:56 PM
(08-04-2017 06:49 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  

Facepalm

You just know too that someone will probably say that God allowed it to happen to test the parents or something equally asinine. Or even worse, "god needed a new angel in heaven".

Fortunately I've eliminated the chance of having to read that by unfriending them.
A preemptive strike if you will. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
08-04-2017, 06:58 PM
Thou I do feel bad for the kid, Really bad, especially if the parents i rely on prays from facebook to heal him, instead of a hospital. I just want to take this opportunity to complain about those damn prayer posts. 1 like = 1 prayer and type Amen if you agree.

I feel like these are the chain letters of the internet. And i'd would have liked to believe that other people don't really believe dumb post as such. But i'm often disproven.

Just wanted to get that off my chest. Thanks.

Edit: OH I heard a good term for this today. It was called a Slacktavist.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post