Thimbleweed Park

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2017, 01:27 AM
Thimbleweed Park
Well I just bought Thimbleweed Park only A$20. Yep, $6 cheaper than US pricing (USD 19.99 = AUD 26.09, I guess "regional pricing" can be a good thing after all. Proof:

[Image: thimbleweed-park-receipt.png]

I can't wait to play it!

My Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Aractus's post
31-03-2017, 07:09 AM
RE: Thimbleweed Park
(31-03-2017 01:27 AM)Aractus Wrote:  Well I just bought Thimbleweed Park only A$20. Yep, $6 cheaper than US pricing (USD 19.99 = AUD 26.09, I guess "regional pricing" can be a good thing after all. Proof:

I can't wait to play it!

I was one of the Kickstarter backers for TP, and I got my download copy yesterday. I haven't done a lot with it yet, but it's a wonderful mashup of early computer games, but with voices. And you get wonderful little bits of dialog, like when the cops discover the body of a murder victim: "He has been here for a while. The body is already becoming pixilated." Big Grin

Enjoy!
Find all posts by this user
31-03-2017, 08:40 AM
RE: Thimbleweed Park
Yeah I was going to back it... but they didn't need any more funds by that point anyway, so I decided against it. I can't believe the Aussie regional pricing was cheaper than every other regional pricing on GOG I checked. Come to think of it I didn't check the Yen, hold on... That's weird it stays in USD for Asian countries. Canada came to C$26.29 (slightly less than USD 20), but AUD was the only currency that was clearly significantly lower. And every other currency (besides CAD) was higher but with a "credit for the difference". So if you want to be slack and save a few dollars fire up the VPN when you order... Also, of course it's great news for Aussies & Kiwis as we get a discount anyway.

My Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Aractus's post