Thimbleweed Park

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2017, 01:27 AM
Thimbleweed Park
Well I just bought Thimbleweed Park only A$20. Yep, $6 cheaper than US pricing (USD 19.99 = AUD 26.09, I guess "regional pricing" can be a good thing after all. Proof:

[Image: thimbleweed-park-receipt.png]

I can't wait to play it!

My Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Aractus's post
31-03-2017, 07:09 AM
RE: Thimbleweed Park
(31-03-2017 01:27 AM)Aractus Wrote:  Well I just bought Thimbleweed Park only A$20. Yep, $6 cheaper than US pricing (USD 19.99 = AUD 26.09, I guess "regional pricing" can be a good thing after all. Proof:

I can't wait to play it!

I was one of the Kickstarter backers for TP, and I got my download copy yesterday. I haven't done a lot with it yet, but it's a wonderful mashup of early computer games, but with voices. And you get wonderful little bits of dialog, like when the cops discover the body of a murder victim: "He has been here for a while. The body is already becoming pixilated." Big Grin

Enjoy!

"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering." The (4th) Doctor
Find all posts by this user
31-03-2017, 08:40 AM
RE: Thimbleweed Park
Yeah I was going to back it... but they didn't need any more funds by that point anyway, so I decided against it. I can't believe the Aussie regional pricing was cheaper than every other regional pricing on GOG I checked. Come to think of it I didn't check the Yen, hold on... That's weird it stays in USD for Asian countries. Canada came to C$26.29 (slightly less than USD 20), but AUD was the only currency that was clearly significantly lower. And every other currency (besides CAD) was higher but with a "credit for the difference". So if you want to be slack and save a few dollars fire up the VPN when you order... Also, of course it's great news for Aussies & Kiwis as we get a discount anyway.

My Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Aractus's post