Things I'd like to know about... hell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2013, 09:50 PM
RE: Things I'd like to know about... hell
(18-07-2013 09:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I'm not too up on hell, but these places are real at least.

Fucking (Austria)
French Lick (Indiana, USA)
Boring (Oregon, USA)
Dildo (Newfoundland, Canada)
Blowhard (Australia)
Fart (Virginia, USA)
Big Bone Lick (USA)
Poopoo (Hawaii, USA)
Pussy creek (Ohio, USA)
My Large Intestine (Texas, USA)
Ass (Ukraine)
Cockburn (Western Australia)
Wetwang (England)
Disappointment (Kentucky, USA)
Whiskey Dick Mountain (Washington State, USA)
Looneyville, Texas, USA)
Hooker (Oklahoma, USA)

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/image...CAI1dFYaTw
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http...BQ&dur=179
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http...Aw&dur=258

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQb-8Ny2faVgTMH2am3IIC...j1icS4brrg]

You forgot Rick Perry's Hunting lodge.

[Image: Stewart.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-07-2013, 10:29 PM
(18-07-2013 09:03 PM)Crimson Flyboy Wrote:  3. The fire is not material and thus needs no fuel.
Dafuq? How else you wanna put things on fire if not with fire? And you can see the demons? That means all your body gets grilled except the eyeballs and head (brain in particular), so you still can see?

And wow, the christians can't even agree on what hell or what any other BS is? Isn't all of this the ultimate truth everyone would know? This is getting more and more fucked up and not even funny.

Back to the notion that this weird, vague hell thing for causing anxieties, I do get it that it would scare children. But this fear stays in adults, so what part exactly is the most fearful? What vivid images come to mind, when that fear of hell occurs? I had a bit of a catholic past when I was a kid, but I never really paid too much attention to what they told us, b/c I found it boring. I let it all go during childhood, so I'm trying to understand how it would affect someone who would keep it until adulthood.

"Some part of our being knows this is where we came from. We long to return, and we can, because the cosmos is also within us. We're made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." (Carl Sagan)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-07-2013, 10:35 PM
(18-07-2013 10:29 PM)pxlgirl Wrote:  Back to the notion that this weird, vague hell thing for causing anxieties, I do get it that it would scare children. But this fear stays in adults, so what part exactly is the most fearful? What vivid images come to mind, when that fear of hell occurs? I had a bit of a catholic past when I was a kid, but I never really paid too much attention to what they told us, b/c I found it boring. I let it all go during childhood, so I'm trying to understand how it would affect someone who would keep it until adulthood.

It fucks you up. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
18-07-2013, 10:41 PM
I hope you know the idea (of the fire), came from the Jerusalem trash dump. Out in the Valley of Gehenon, or Gehenna, (where the ancient Israelites used to perform child sacrifice, some think), there was a constantly burning pile of trash and animal carcasses from the thousands of animal sacrifices each day, in the temple. It stank to high heaven, and the fire never went out. The Jewish Sheol and the Greek Heades got morphed by the later Christians into what eventually developed to what came through the Italian's " (Dante's) inferno. It really has no origins in the Bible, or the cultures of the ancient Near East. The "underworld" was far more benign, until those "loving" Christards got their sicko hands on the idea.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
18-07-2013, 10:46 PM
The hell you say.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
18-07-2013, 10:53 PM
hmm... now I got it! The whole hell BS is just the perfect excuse for some nutjobs to perform child or animal sacrifice... in teh name of Jeebus or something. I knew that christians have some blood fetish going on, I mean come on, how can you get off with a dude hanging on a cross and making blood to wine (or was it the other way round? oh fuck it, who cares! Big Grin). But yeah, burning children is a whole different kind of crazy.

"Some part of our being knows this is where we came from. We long to return, and we can, because the cosmos is also within us. We're made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." (Carl Sagan)
19-07-2013, 02:28 AM
(18-07-2013 10:53 PM)pxlgirl Wrote:  hmm... now I got it! The whole hell BS is just the perfect excuse for some nutjobs to perform child or animal sacrifice... in teh name of Jeebus or something. I knew that christians have some blood fetish going on, I mean come on, how can you get off with a dude hanging on a cross and making blood to wine (or was it the other way round? oh fuck it, who cares! Big Grin). But yeah, burning children is a whole different kind of crazy.

Yes, yes, but when I told you this is all a BS in the first place, you didn't want to believe me...

Always trust in Great Filox.

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
19-07-2013, 08:42 AM
(18-07-2013 10:29 PM)pxlgirl Wrote:  
(18-07-2013 09:03 PM)Crimson Flyboy Wrote:  3. The fire is not material and thus needs no fuel.
Dafuq? How else you wanna put things on fire if not with fire? And you can see the demons? That means all your body gets grilled except the eyeballs and head (brain in particular), so you still can see?

And wow, the christians can't even agree on what hell or what any other BS is? Isn't all of this the ultimate truth everyone would know? This is getting more and more fucked up and not even funny.

Back to the notion that this weird, vague hell thing for causing anxieties, I do get it that it would scare children. But this fear stays in adults, so what part exactly is the most fearful? What vivid images come to mind, when that fear of hell occurs? I had a bit of a catholic past when I was a kid, but I never really paid too much attention to what they told us, b/c I found it boring. I let it all go during childhood, so I'm trying to understand how it would affect someone who would keep it until adulthood.

Christians rarely agree on anything. The church teaches that hell has a fire, but it's not a real fire. It is a sort of spiritual fire that consumes without destroying anything. Obviously this isn't going to make any sense.

"Laissez nous faire!"

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor will I ever ask another man to live for mine."
20-07-2013, 03:00 AM
it doesn't make sense at all, and as we try to figure this out, things fall into pieces before they could even be stated. How come that people could be afraid of it as adults?

20-07-2013, 09:15 AM
(20-07-2013 03:00 AM)pxlgirl Wrote:  it doesn't make sense at all, and as we try to figure this out, things fall into pieces before they could even be stated. How come that people could be afraid of it as adults?

Same reason some adults are scared to death of spiders, or clouds (Nebulaphobia). Fear is a very powerful force to be messing with and like I said if they can get you young and pound it into your head they can get it to stick back in the scared animal part of your brain that doesn't have rational thought.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense