Things I'd like to know about... hell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2013, 06:14 PM
Things I'd like to know about... hell
(20-07-2013 03:00 AM)pxlgirl Wrote:  it doesn't make sense at all, and as we try to figure this out, things fall into pieces before they could even be stated. How come that people could be afraid of it as adults?

If someone is imbued with the idea of hell at a very early age, it will stick throughout adulthood.

"Laissez nous faire!"

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor will I ever ask another man to live for mine."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-07-2013, 06:22 PM
RE: Things I'd like to know about... hell
(20-07-2013 06:14 PM)Crimson Flyboy Wrote:  
(20-07-2013 03:00 AM)pxlgirl Wrote:  it doesn't make sense at all, and as we try to figure this out, things fall into pieces before they could even be stated. How come that people could be afraid of it as adults?

If someone is imbued with the idea of hell at a very early age, it will stick throughout adulthood.

Yay.
I KNEW I saw the Easter Bunny.
I knew it. I knew it. I knew it.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
20-07-2013, 07:26 PM
(18-07-2013 08:25 AM)pxlgirl Wrote:  just stumbled upon this:

[Image: 800px-NWS_Hell_MI-CC3.jpg]
As you drive down the interstate from Columbus, OH to Cincinnati there's a billboard of red letters on a black background that says "Hell is real". I wish I were rich enough to rent the next billboard and put "It's in Michigan" on it. Laugh out load

Humans arrived on Earth on 22 October 4004 B.C. A few of us are still trying to repair the ship.
[+] 1 user Likes f stop's post
22-07-2013, 12:01 PM (This post was last modified: 22-07-2013 12:11 PM by Raptor Jesus.)
I have a friend who says she doesn't believe in Hell which I think is strange considering she is a Theist.

When asked why she doesn't, she explained that the bible never discusses an eternal hell. She admits that people are thrown into a lake of fire, but it is not eternal as the bible says they "perish" and it's their "second death".

She focused on the "perish" part. Perish means to die, to cease to exist, she explained. I said yeah, but so does death, and according to you when Christians die they don’t really die but live in heaven. She said that’s why it’s called the second death. According to her the second one is permeate and means to really cease to exist. I guess it’s more deathy. Of course if we are redefining what words mean then any word can mean anything.

But she says the bible says they perish and die a second death so it’s not saying it’s eternal.

The following is from the book of revelation, her favorite book it seems. I told her that when the "New Jerusalem" descends from the sky on the "New Earth", that Hell is outside the walls of the city where those sent to Hell burn forever. She did not believe me that it said that, so I showed her in the bible where it said those burning in the lake of fire burned outside the city walls (of "heaven") where the saved people lived with God. The important part is that it says that the people were in the lake of fire after they perished and died a second death, so it apparently doesn’t mean they cease to exist and do in fact burn forever.

Now of course I don’t believe any of this, but what it means is that Hell is right next to “heaven”, but only after the earth is destroyed and rebuilt. So they should all be able to clearly hear our screams from their mansions in “heaven”.

27-07-2013, 09:20 AM
someone compared that vague, construct of bullshit hell to the fear of spiders. It sounds plausible at first, yet it contains one error in reasoning: The spider is actually something real, it exists and it crawls... and yeah, it doesn't look very appealing, so developing a fear of it is quite understandable. Hell isn't real, it doesn't exist. It's just some wacky construct in people's minds, where they just imagine what it might be or not might be, pure badly wired imagination. Since all (including the so called scholars) twist and bend it as it suits them, you can as well reject it altogether.

"Some part of our being knows this is where we came from. We long to return, and we can, because the cosmos is also within us. We're made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." (Carl Sagan)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes pxlgirl's post
27-07-2013, 02:00 PM
Hmm, interesting. I would have sworn Hell was in Ohio.

There is no "I" in "team" but there is a broken and mixed up "me."
27-07-2013, 02:25 PM
(18-07-2013 08:25 AM)pxlgirl Wrote:  just stumbled upon this:

[Image: 800px-NWS_Hell_MI-CC3.jpg]

but joke aside, it seems that christians (maybe muslims too) think that this whole hell thing is as real as the air we breathe and the tea I drink. That raises questions... they might be stupid questions, but perhaps someone can answer:

1. Where exactly is hell located? Ok, we know that when we try to find heaven, we won't find anything in the clouds, outer space looks a wee bit dark for a place like heaven, but heaven isn't the topic just yet. Wink

2. What happens there? I hear about like being on fire for eternity, but how does that work? In a crematory, every body will turn to ashes, and the body doesn't feel any pain since it's dead. So in order to burn "for eternity", how would the body need to be "preserved" or how do they come back to life so they can feel the pain after already being burned or otherwise decomposed?

3. How do they keep the fire running? It would need a tremendous amount (and waste) of energy. Is there any special technology behind this? I mean, like 2000 years ago the word "technology" didn't even exist, but perhaps satan has somehow become more efficient and ecological? Going nuclear might even destroy hell itself though...

4. It's said satan is the boss in hell, is there any communication between him and its inhabitants? Up in heaven, the supposedly chosen ones spend their time worshipping god only, no free time, nothing, at least at his college's allah the guys can fuck 72 virgin chicks first before moving to do business as usual.

All right, that's all I can think of so far. Anyone?

In regards to a discussion about the technical aspects of hell, it would probably be akin to a technical discussion about how Santa's sleigh and reindeer team fly. It just an outrageously perverse story to scare the masses and keep them in line with the cabal controlling the church and not really well thought out, either.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade