Things I hate about Athiest.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-07-2011, 01:58 PM
RE: Things I hate about Athiest.
The thing I don't like about atheists is the same thing I don't like about everybody. The idea that they are somehow above all the stupid human behaviors everyone suffers from. Holding themselves on a higher pedestal. I suck you suck this thread sucks, move on.Wink

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-07-2011, 09:48 AM
I hate when the free thinker 'community' (atheists, agnostics, etc) in fight amongst themselves on who is better, honestly we have so many more problems then semantics.

(oh yes, I realize the irony of me starting the atheist/agnostic debate thread.)

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes monkeyshine89's post
23-07-2011, 11:43 AM
Even though mocking religion such as FSM seem ridiculous, I think it's a good idea. I mean like you hear all this religious people saying it stupid and it doesn't exist(oh the irony), it's like they're in our place for a minute, they get angry and frustrated like we do when we are arguing with them. But Lady Jane is right, they need to know cold hard facts.

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes tazmin98's post
23-07-2011, 03:34 PM
This sounds like a fun thread Tongue

Something I dislike about many atheists is how we (and I admit that I do this sometimes too) sometimes clump theists together into one homogeneous group. Too often we criticise what "Christians" or "Muslims" believe/do without taking into consideration the various sub-groups within different religions. Now I personally think that what all theists believe is absurd (i.e. the general belief in (a) supernatural deity/deities), but that does not mean that all theists' beliefs should be equally criticised. For example, there are theists who have hateful, bigoted beliefs about homosexuals, but there are just as many theists who have absolutely no problem with homosexuality. I think that we atheists do a disservice to our own image when we lump all Christians with, say, the Westboro Baptist Church. In reality, the United Church does much less harm than the Catholic Church, for example, and I think that we atheists need to acknowledge that there are degrees of harm/fundamentalism in all religions and that we cannot just make blanket statements about them.

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker." - Dr. Van Helsing, Dracula
23-07-2011, 10:28 PM
I think the thing that bugs me about some atheists is their need to convert people to their point of view. Isn't that one of the things we all hate about religion? This whole proselyting/evangelizing thing?

It's one thing to want to engage with people in a rational discussion, to try to maybe educate them, IF they're open to it. But I see some atheists trying to convert religious people to atheism and that really just rubs me wrong. I don't really care what someone else believes. (for the most part, when it starts affecting laws/schools that's another thing) I don't want some crazy christians trying to convert me, so why would they want us to convert them?

Rabid atheism, that's what bothers me. Wink

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
24-07-2011, 01:33 AM
(21-07-2011 06:05 PM)NotSoVacuous Wrote:  I am an atheist and I am tired of all the circle jerking going on around here. Lets pick out our flaws and work on them.

It annoys me when a person who claims to be a rational and intelligent atheist will spend hours arguing with a creationist (who could possibly be a troll) on the internet. Know when a mind can't be argued with is all I am saying.

I find myself doing this.
Atheist are always on the defensive in arguments, scrambling for sources and facts. Stop it, you have a guy in front of you saying he believes in unicorns, either make him establish his reason for believing in said unicorn or stop arguing.

Aliens, I am all for making an educated guess that they do exist somewhere. But I swear to god, if I hear another atheist tell me they think they have been on this planet or are currently among us, I will snap. Just snap. Basically I despise atheist being religious on other topics.

I will add more to this list when I start remembering what angers me about you and myself. Feel free to post and be modest.

I really find hard line atheists almost as bad as hard line religious fundamentalists.
If we view god as an ineffable 'something' maybe 'out there', maybe not, and religions as ego trips into infinity by manipulators and insecure victims, then playing them at there own game becomes just that-------a game.~~~~Murchovski Wink
24-07-2011, 02:53 AM
Perhaps some kind of gun that fires fluffy kittens out would help us in debates, I'm sure it would calm down the opposing side and make them more docile. Who's willing to work on the fluffy kitten gun?

[Image: websig.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Ms Rukia's post
24-07-2011, 07:25 AM
(24-07-2011 02:53 AM)Ms Rukia Wrote:  Perhaps some kind of gun that fires fluffy kittens out would help us in debates, I'm sure it would calm down the opposing side and make them more docile. Who's willing to work on the fluffy kitten gun?

Well, there is no shortage of ammunition. Whoever is hit has to keep the kitten, right? That'll motivate people to moderate their language!

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
24-07-2011, 04:32 PM
Fluffy Kittens!!!!! I already have a stockpile =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
24-07-2011, 06:21 PM
I have a gun that shoots fluffy kittens!!

...oh wait, you mean the fluffy kittens are supposed to come out of the gun?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post