Things I hate about Athiest.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2011, 02:40 PM
RE: Things I hate about Athiest.
Yeah you dont need moutain of evidence to argue with them, its more fun to say i was atheist since i was born it just seemed silly to believe in something that wasnt there.

Which is basiclly my whole opinion when i was about 3.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2011, 08:34 AM
(21-07-2011 06:05 PM)NotSoVacuous Wrote:  It annoys me when a person who claims to be a rational and intelligent atheist will spend hours arguing with a creationist (who could possibly be a troll) on the internet. Know when a mind can't be argued with is all I am saying.

I do this quite a lot as well... but I rationalize it by thinking that I'm really writing for a third party who might not have made up his/her mind completely. I got involved in a discussion on failblog in Feb and it is still ongoing, just me and this creationist, the fun part is that from time to time someone else jumps in with a statement showing that they are actually following our conversation which gives me the patience to keep going Smile

I know there's no way I'm going to convert this guy (21yo, attending a Christian collage in the US) but I learn a lot about debating and he´s quite fun to talk to except when it just gets frustrating Big Grin
14-08-2011, 11:48 AM

(22-07-2011 06:44 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  There still is a statistically significant negative correlation between education/intelligence level and religiosity. Cold hard facts...

As you probably are well aware of, correlations don't prove things...
It is very probable the only reason for this correlation is not that these people are stupid, but just that in poorer countries people tend to be more religious.
The same is true for the correlation in wealth of a country and the amount of atheists. In the Western world, one came before the other... countries became wealthy, and people had less need for religion. Never has it happened that people became atheist and suddenly the country started to become more successful, as so many seem to want to believe...
Quote this message in a reply
14-08-2011, 01:55 PM
You become atheist as soon as you have the time to think about what bullshit you are fed by pastor, you are educated, you have access to different viewpoints and you have information. It is easy to understand that, in poorer countries these possibilities are near non-existent. So you are right, Abandoning religion does not automatically grant your country progress.

Then again, neither do religious acts. Progress is achieved by secular acts.

Sidenote:
To me, progress should be measured on how humane that particular society is treating its weakest members: The physical and mentally ill, the elderly, the children, the poor etc...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
27-10-2011, 09:34 AM
(21-07-2011 06:05 PM)NotSoVacuous Wrote:  I am an atheist and I am tired of all the circle jerking going on around here. Lets pick out our flaws and work on them.

It annoys me when a person who claims to be a rational and intelligent atheist will spend hours arguing with a creationist (who could possibly be a troll) on the internet. Know when a mind can't be argued with is all I am saying.

I find myself doing this.
Atheist are always on the defensive in arguments, scrambling for sources and facts. Stop it, you have a guy in front of you saying he believes in unicorns, either make him establish his reason for believing in said unicorn or stop arguing.

Aliens, I am all for making an educated guess that they do exist somewhere. But I swear to god, if I hear another atheist tell me they think they have been on this planet or are currently among us, I will snap. Just snap. Basically I despise atheist being religious on other topics.

I will add more to this list when I start remembering what angers me about you and myself. Feel free to post and be modest.

I'm also a open Atheist, but i can't stand it when someone tries to be an attention whore about being an Atheist. Like when they start stuff with Christian, I'm like Wtf bro? If they didn't say anything to you why you gotta go and start stuff???
27-10-2011, 05:32 PM
(27-10-2011 09:34 AM)DaylightDusk Wrote:  
(21-07-2011 06:05 PM)NotSoVacuous Wrote:  I am an atheist and I am tired of all the circle jerking going on around here. Lets pick out our flaws and work on them.

It annoys me when a person who claims to be a rational and intelligent atheist will spend hours arguing with a creationist (who could possibly be a troll) on the internet. Know when a mind can't be argued with is all I am saying.

I find myself doing this.
Atheist are always on the defensive in arguments, scrambling for sources and facts. Stop it, you have a guy in front of you saying he believes in unicorns, either make him establish his reason for believing in said unicorn or stop arguing.

Aliens, I am all for making an educated guess that they do exist somewhere. But I swear to god, if I hear another atheist tell me they think they have been on this planet or are currently among us, I will snap. Just snap. Basically I despise atheist being religious on other topics.

I will add more to this list when I start remembering what angers me about you and myself. Feel free to post and be modest.

I'm also a open Atheist, but i can't stand it when someone tries to be an attention whore about being an Atheist. Like when they start stuff with Christian, I'm like Wtf bro? If they didn't say anything to you why you gotta go and start stuff???

There is a serious problem with the great ambiguity of the word "atheist"
A Deist can claim that the force behind the evolutionary Big Bang theory, the motivating force is God, simply as initiating cosmic precursor to what has eventuated.

The big problem with God, as morals arbiter, of some sort is that the facts presented by religions are illogical and contradictory ,requiring an almost perverse degree of faith, intuition, sense of awe etc.

On the other side science is still very much locked into the Newtonian model (very materialistic) and has great difficulties with quantum physics, an area which may align more readily to wider notions relevant to the cosmos.