Things I learned at my old job vs what I learned at my new job

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-07-2016, 09:43 PM
RE: Things I learned at my old job vs what I learned at my new job
Money is not the answer, as far as I am concerned.

Do not mistake me, it is what is needed to survive in this world which we have created for ourselves where money is akin to god.

Thankfully, I found a non-corporation for which to work that pays me quite well and allows me to be me.

It is literally one store that has been in business by itself, no need for expansion to silly corporation, since the 1980s.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2016, 10:14 PM
(01-07-2016 09:41 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  
(01-07-2016 09:34 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I just hope that the attitude doesn't rub off. I worked with some four-door brass-plated assholes at my last company. I stood it as best I could, worked piles of overtime, invested like a big dog, and retired ahead of when those SOBs had the nerve to ask me about (and I told them a lie. Fuck 'em). Tongue

No it defiantly won't run off on me.
I did spend the first.. Month out of training silently crying at my desk or crying as soon as I got home.
Just because asking questions gets you treated like your stupid.. It's bad now but not as bad as it was.

Do you want to have a decent relationship with your eventual husband and family? Making assumptions (we all know where that leads) may be my mistake, about husband and kids. But if the training leaves you that distressed, you need another job; this isn't for you. I've had jobs in my field that I knew 3 weeks in that I didn't want to be there (all about personality!). You are worth more than that, as a human being. My advice- get out of there, as soon as you can. It will just eat you up.
01-07-2016, 10:24 PM
(01-07-2016 10:14 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(01-07-2016 09:41 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  No it defiantly won't run off on me.
I did spend the first.. Month out of training silently crying at my desk or crying as soon as I got home.
Just because asking questions gets you treated like your stupid.. It's bad now but not as bad as it was.

Do you want to have a decent relationship with your eventual husband and family? Making assumptions (we all know where that leads) may be my mistake, about husband and kids. But if the training leaves you that distressed, you need another job; this isn't for you. I've had jobs in my field that I knew 3 weeks in that I didn't want to be there (all about personality!). You are worth more than that, as a human being. My advice- get out of there, as soon as you can. It will just eat you up.

I'm giving it some time, I believe I told wade 6 months for it to get better. If not I'll begin searching elsewhere. Maybe go back to my old job