Things I've learned from nothing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2012, 01:42 PM
Things I've learned from nothing
I have no clue why I decided ti share this but I thought it to be an odd thought.{plus I have to think about how i want to ask my last question.

I was talking with my editor of a book I written{no t's not out yet and so I can't give any details.} and she told me that for an atheist i am very spiritual. this didn't surprise me because when people usually describe me the use opposing words. humble and kind/narsasist. spriitual/atheist. well I think I know why that is to a certain extent. I seem to have gotten my life's meaning from nowhere. in fact my original life's meaning was because I listened to the song zero is my hero from school house rock.{yep I get one of my life's meaning from the number zero}

and this is not a lone thing I seem t get several of these, 777, 1001, 99, fullmetal alchemist intro{the intro to the anime. and from playing the demo to the game oni. so I thought has anybody else had such I pointless{not saying it has no point} thing to other people seem relevant to there loves.

btw the meanings.
0= the void my life was. but instead of thinking well I'll just purposely kick the bucket. I'll just think pf this as a to do project. void=sand box= the amazing zero.
777= my lucky number
99= the ultimate level in most rpg's to become this you need to take the smaller steps to gain such ability. thus becomes a metaphor for life.
1,001=the number of kunoichi{long story but I'll fill you in on it only if you want me to.}

so where do you get your life's meaning.
p.s. only going to start one other thread today. I'm trying not to be to overwhelming but I can be

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-08-2012, 01:54 PM
RE: Things I've learned from nothing
(24-08-2012 01:42 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  so where do you get your life's meaning.
There is none for me. Sleepy

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
24-08-2012, 01:58 PM
I get my lifes meaning for evolution: to survive and benefit the species so it could better thrive.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
24-08-2012, 02:02 PM
i guesse that idea must evolved{if you don't mind the pun. out of understanding.

24-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Nothing is sacred.Bowing

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-08-2012, 02:04 PM
not even cows.. lol

24-08-2012, 07:44 PM
(24-08-2012 01:54 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(24-08-2012 01:42 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  so where do you get your life's meaning.
There is none for me. Sleepy

I make it up as I go along. Feels like the right thing to do.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
25-08-2012, 12:51 AM
I really just want to be happy in life. I enjoy helping others of course. I figure if I'm going to have a short life (I mean come on, even 100 years is a speck compared to how long the universe has been around) then I may as well enjoy myself.

To be successful (by my own means).
To be happy.
Make others happy.

It makes sense to me that people feel valued when others help them. Who doesn't want to feel appreciated or loved? Help yourself, help others. Sure, there's that help the human race survive, it's in our nature to want to see our species thrive. But really, you get one shot, SO HAVE FUN, enjoy yourself. You need to find a way to give yourself meaning.

I sometimes wonder if the big wigs behind organized religion know people would be batshit crazy for the most part (at least most people) if they didn't feel like they had a purpose, and are such lemmings that they'd be without if they had nothing to "give them meaning"... so they capitalize off it, use it and figure "Hey these people feel better, so what the hell."