Things I want to say (and ask) about American food

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2013, 03:00 PM
RE: Things I want to say (and ask) about American food
I guess it's all a matter of taste after all!

I forgot to mention that the classic Greek salad contains cheese, so I mainly meant any cheese that is not uuum... white?

Oh, and I also forgot to ask about your opinion on McDonalds, since we consider it the crappiest, saddest example of fast food around Tongue

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
26-11-2013, 03:02 PM
(26-11-2013 02:49 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Sadly the only thing I can try is peanut butter and pancakes. The rest don't even exist here Sadcryface

(26-11-2013 02:15 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Shopska salad is the most usual one here. Are you familiar with it? Don't remember seeing it being served in Greece.

Although what is called Greek salad is almost the same. Consider

First time I hear about it! But yeah, it's very similar, I guess since we're next to Bulgaria!

(26-11-2013 02:23 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  I live in Boston. If he isn't eating good food he's not going to the right places. We have some excellent restaurants.

Recommendations? Big Grin

What kind of food does he like? My wife and I go to the palces below often.

No 9 Park, Petit Robert.

In Cambridge - T.W Food and Craige on Main.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
26-11-2013, 03:04 PM
(26-11-2013 03:00 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  I guess it's all a matter of taste after all!

I forgot to mention that the classic Greek salad contains cheese, so I mainly meant any cheese that is not uuum... white?

Oh, and I also forgot to ask about your opinion on McDonalds, since we consider it the crappiest, saddest example of fast food around Tongue

It is the crappiest, saddest example of fast food around, IMO.

Any cheese, white or whatever. They do have some good cheese here these days, used to be they had mostly these fake cheese slices in individual wrappers. But they do have some darn good cheeses now.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
26-11-2013, 03:07 PM
(26-11-2013 02:15 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
Quote:Anyway, here's a question. Do you guys eat salads as a main dish or an appetizer or something? I'm asking everyone, not just Americans

Shopska salad is the most usual one here. Are you familiar with it? Don't remember seeing it being served in Greece.

I remember Shopska salad, it is very good.Thumbsup

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
26-11-2013, 03:07 PM
(26-11-2013 02:44 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(26-11-2013 02:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  Never tried toasted marshmallows. Ohmy Shocking Blink

How is that even possible? Weeping

Lack of having an open fire and marshmallows available at the same time? Unsure

Remember, I didn't grow up in this country.

[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
26-11-2013, 03:12 PM
(26-11-2013 03:02 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  What kind of food does he like? My wife and I go to the palces below often.

No 9 Park, Petit Robert.

In Cambridge - T.W Food and Craige on Main.

Thanks! He likes pretty much everything, although he's not really a meat lover.
I'll call him on Skype later and ask him if he's tried anything else.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
26-11-2013, 03:14 PM
(26-11-2013 03:00 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  I guess it's all a matter of taste after all!

McD's is the saddest crappiest crap. It's also the cheapest fastest crap. Some Americans care more about convenience than quality.
26-11-2013, 03:25 PM
(26-11-2013 03:07 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(26-11-2013 02:15 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Shopska salad is the most usual one here. Are you familiar with it? Don't remember seeing it being served in Greece.

I remember Shopska salad, it is very good.Thumbsup

Where did you have it?

Quote:First time I hear about it! But yeah, it's very similar, I guess since we're next to Bulgaria!

Yeah, it's called shopska in Bulgaria too, but when I said "here" I meant Serbia.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
26-11-2013, 03:28 PM
(26-11-2013 03:25 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(26-11-2013 03:07 PM)Dom Wrote:  I remember Shopska salad, it is very good.Thumbsup

Where did you have it?

Quote:First time I hear about it! But yeah, it's very similar, I guess since we're next to Bulgaria!

Yeah, it's called shopska in Bulgaria too, but when I said "here" I meant Serbia.

Bulgaria, long, long time ago, on vacation with my parents. I remember you had to exchange a certain amount of currency for Bulgarian money and we ended up with so much leftover money that we ate caviar for days - there was some golden, large caviar that was to die for.

My mom made Shopska salad for years after we got back home, we all loved it.

26-11-2013, 03:31 PM

You only say that because it is the crappiest, saddest example of fast food around.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post