Things I will never eat again

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-11-2012, 08:10 PM
RE: Things I will never eat again
(01-11-2012 06:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-11-2012 06:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Hell no, that shit's delicious. ManlyGirl makes sure I eat it at least once a day. Big Grin

She has conditioned you to think it's delicious. It's not, really.

I never said it wasn't an acquired taste. Big Grin

(01-11-2012 07:08 PM)k37713 Wrote:  Liver of any persuasion.. cooked any way.. BLUCK

It's delicious with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
01-11-2012, 08:10 PM
(01-11-2012 07:08 PM)k37713 Wrote:  Liver of any persuasion.. cooked any way.. BLUCK

I used to LOVE liver pâté sandwiches, they would be a treat. Blech! Now if I sniff one, let alone eat, it's like a blood/iron sandwich- ewww!
04-11-2012, 06:38 AM
Liver - Apparently I'm unable to eat it without vomiting it back up 12 hours later. No matter how many times I try; my body stubbornly rejects it.

Crab - God I love crab. A big juicy slab of it dipped in melted butter? *Swoons* There is a god! Unfortunately, he's a cheeky bastard who made me allergic to it. I now have a choice: abstain from crab and be happy, or indulge in crab at the expense of having my bowels liquified for the next 6 hours as sweat pours from my brow and my abdomen feels as though a cluster of knives is passing through it. Probably best if I just never eat it again.

Vegetables - Because who needs all that noise?

Big Mac - Simply because I'm stronger than that...

...I think.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-11-2012, 08:08 AM
My favorite meal was in Italy with a cuttlefish in ink sauce over a rissotto. I've ate a lot of things and it's hard to say what I wouldn't eat again....

damn... you know the only thing I ever had a serious issue with was coconuts and I forced myself past that. gonna need to fill my diet with more game to find something I wouldnt eat again. Maybe a woodpecker or possum those ones sound pretty bad =p Squirrel I really want to try not deep fried. It was cooked after the turkey legs so it just tasted like turkey with a different texture.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
04-11-2012, 07:47 PM
In no particular order:

Menudo, the famous Mexican tripe soup. Calling it slimy is being kind. It has legendary curative properties for those who have over-indulged in alcohol the night before. In this case, the cure is worse than the disease.

Mutton bird. Also known as the sooty shearwater. Used in New Zealand for food--mainly, I believe, by the Maori. Think tough chicken tasting of rotten fish and oozing oil.

An anchovy sandwich. Ordered by me as a young kid in a New York deli when my parents said, "Get whatever you want." I thought an anchovy sandwich sounded adult and daring. In typical over-the-top NY deli style, the anchovy filling was an inch thick. It was like half a cup of salt in my mouth. Of course I had to finish it, smiling, to save face.

Sea cucumber, mistakenly ordered in a Chinese restaurant. You don't want to know.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 3 users Like cufflink's post
04-11-2012, 10:14 PM
Quail Egg Sushi - Rice/seaweed wrapped around raw quail egg and topped with caviar. Imagine swallowing a ball of snot about half the size of your fist. I came so very close to puking it up on the table.

In flight breakfast eggs. God I was starving, flew from Kuwait to Rammstein early (nothing to eat in Kuwait), but the restaurants were not open yet in Germany. Then on a LONG flight from Germany to DC...the eggs were so disgusting I decided that fasting was a better option. In DC I had a delicious meal and a few beers compliments of a wealthy woman who was quite sweet ;D

Seaweed. I cannot fathom how my Asian friends liked this shit. Tastes terrible, I don't care what you say.

Low Sodium V8- Despite claims does NOT taste great.

04-11-2012, 10:22 PM
Accidentally grabbed low sodium V-8 once....that was nasty...adding salt helped a bit but not much.

Other than that, I am not a very adventurous diner, so my experience with things I won't eat again are few.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
05-11-2012, 02:12 AM
Part 2:

(Guess I've eaten a lot of weird shit in my time!)

My mother's organ meat stew. A dish of Eastern European origin for those of modest means, made with beef heart, lung, and pancreas, which were much cheaper than other meats. I ate it more than once as a kid. Not sure I could stomach it as an adult.

Afghani "sand bread" and "soft-boiled eggs." On a visit to Herat, Afghanistan, in 1976, breakfast at our hotel consisted of (1) bread that actually seemed to have been baked with sand as an ingredient, and (2) "soft-boiled eggs" that were "cooked" by placing a couple of raw eggs (still in the shell) in a dish and pouring hot water over them. Quite the way to start the day.

Sea turtle eggs. They look like leathery, flexible ping pong balls. Once they're boiled, you create a small hole with your teeth and suck out the contents. I tried them in Malaysia, in the mid-60s. And they were totally delicious! The reason I wouldn't eat them again is that I was too clueless at the time to realize I was eating the eggs of an endangered species. Live and learn.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 1 user Likes cufflink's post
06-11-2012, 12:23 AM
(05-11-2012 02:12 AM)cufflink Wrote:  Part 2:

(Guess I've eaten a lot of weird shit in my time!)

My mother's organ meat stew. A dish of Eastern European origin for those of modest means, made with beef heart, lung, and pancreas, which were much cheaper than other meats. I ate it more than once as a kid. Not sure I could stomach it as an adult.

Afghani "sand bread" and "soft-boiled eggs." On a visit to Herat, Afghanistan, in 1976, breakfast at our hotel consisted of (1) bread that actually seemed to have been baked with sand as an ingredient, and (2) "soft-boiled eggs" that were "cooked" by placing a couple of raw eggs (still in the shell) in a dish and pouring hot water over them. Quite the way to start the day.

Sea turtle eggs. They look like leathery, flexible ping pong balls. Once they're boiled, you create a small hole with your teeth and suck out the contents. I tried them in Malaysia, in the mid-60s. And they were totally delicious! The reason I wouldn't eat them again is that I was too clueless at the time to realize I was eating the eggs of an endangered species. Live and learn.
My hat's off to you, Cufflink. You are one adventurous fellow Smile Fantastic stuff!

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
22-02-2013, 12:26 AM
I don't know if any of you guys have tried them, but Lay's has Chicken and Waffles chips for a while. They taste like syrup and Ramen noodles.

Hot dogs. I hate the texture and the taste.

Anything from McDonald's. Last time I got food, EVERYTHING tasted like grease. Even the cola was greasy.
[+] 1 user Likes The Talking Goat's post