Things I will never eat again

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-08-2012, 11:00 AM
RE: Things I will never eat again
Oysters, I can't stand them.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
20-08-2012, 11:11 AM
The most exotic thing I've ever eaten was frog legs. They were rather tasty, sort of like chicken. But the problem is that I couldn't get over the fact that they were frog legs (bone in and everything). I won't ever eat them again.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-08-2012, 12:15 PM
(20-08-2012 10:58 AM)Chas Wrote:  Balsamic vinegar. It tastes like turpentine.

No accounting for some people's taste, I guess.

I'm a big fan of the Balsamic. Thumbsup

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
20-08-2012, 12:23 PM
Groundhog taste like a big rat. It was hard to get down but if I am starving I would have to eat it again. What is that animal I think it is called a Nutria has anyone ate that thing.

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
20-08-2012, 12:28 PM
(20-08-2012 12:15 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(20-08-2012 10:58 AM)Chas Wrote:  Balsamic vinegar. It tastes like turpentine.

No accounting for some people's taste, I guess.

Mmm, so good on salad.

(20-08-2012 12:23 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  Groundhog taste like a big rat. It was hard to get down but if I am starving I would have to eat it again. What is that animal I think it is called a Nutria has anyone ate that thing.

And rat tastes like? Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
20-08-2012, 12:40 PM
(20-08-2012 12:28 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(20-08-2012 12:15 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  No accounting for some people's taste, I guess.

Mmm, so good on salad.

(20-08-2012 12:23 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  Groundhog taste like a big rat. It was hard to get down but if I am starving I would have to eat it again. What is that animal I think it is called a Nutria has anyone ate that thing.

So I've been told from people that have ate one.

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
[+] 1 user Likes N.E.OhioAtheist's post
20-08-2012, 12:51 PM
(20-08-2012 12:40 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  
(20-08-2012 12:28 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Mmm, so good on salad.

So I've been told from people that have ate one.

Given the fact that you hunt your own food, I'm surprised there aren't more "weird" things on your list. But I guess you must like all the other strange animals you eat. Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
20-08-2012, 12:57 PM
Groundhog tastes nasty. But rats that are raised for food are awesome, and my guess is that if you raised a groundhog for food it would be just fine too. If you must eat groundhog, for a week or so before, throw apples around the entrances to their dens. Just all the crappy apples that fall off the tree before you can pick them. It will improve the flavor.

Nutria is just like a big rat. Great meat. High in protein, and again, if it eats the right foods, the meat is pleasing to our palette.

Do drinks count? I'll never drink Kopi luwak coffee again. Not because it wasn't good, but because it is really friggin expensive!

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
20-08-2012, 04:55 PM
(19-08-2012 08:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(19-08-2012 07:41 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Peaches... That's pretty much the only food I can't stand and will never want to eat again, and I've eaten plenty of odd things. Fuzzy fruit that is overly sweet beyond all unholiness.

That and Bear Jerky... tasted like bear, eww.

I don't like peaches either. Furry, squishy, giant yucky pit in the center...sure not tasty enough to go through all that.

At the risk of going off topic; love peaches and Greek yoghourt. Love that fur,love that juicy /............squishy Sorry AnjeTongue
20-08-2012, 05:23 PM
(20-08-2012 12:57 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Do drinks count? I'll never drink Kopi luwak coffee again. Not because it wasn't good, but because it is really friggin expensive!

Since you mentioned kopi luwak . . . What was it like? And has anybody else here tried it?

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 1 user Likes cufflink's post