Things I will never eat again

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-08-2012, 05:34 PM
RE: Things I will never eat again
Think drinks should be included Cufflink.

Must check out your reference!

I used to like Tawny Port but went off it.....

Banned renegade rebel~~Gasp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-08-2012, 05:40 PM
Dominos Pizza. Because I'm boycotting them. They don't know I'm boycotting them. But I'm sure they're feeling it.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
[+] 3 users Like Smooshmonster's post
20-08-2012, 05:42 PM
(20-08-2012 05:40 PM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  Dominos Pizza. Because I'm boycotting them. They don't know I'm boycotting them. But I'm sure they're feeling it.

Cool. I've done that too.

20-08-2012, 05:47 PM
(20-08-2012 05:40 PM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  Dominos Pizza. Because I'm boycotting them. They don't know I'm boycotting them. But I'm sure they're feeling it.

Are you boycotting for ethical reasons or just because they suck?

I've finally reached the point in my old age where I don't like the standard name brand pizzas anymore, ie., Domino's, Papa John's, Pizza Hut.

I'm sure others made that determination long ago. The problem is they're the only companies that deliver where I live. Confused

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
20-08-2012, 05:47 PM
(20-08-2012 03:33 AM)bemore Wrote:  I allways remember hearing the older generation mention "dripping sandwhichs"

(dripping meaning fat)

When I was about 20 I worked with a guy who used to have them in his pack up occasionally and he let me try one.

I took a bite.... chewed.... breathed in and tasted............ Then cast the rest of the sandwhich as far away from me as my arm could muster...... dirty Censored

When I was a kid in the 40s dripping sandwiches were eaten by the poor, which we were. Can't remember eating them, maybe they affected my memory....Unsure

Banned renegade rebel~~Gasp
20-08-2012, 07:59 PM
Lard sandwiches, I remember those. The lard was cooked up with apples, onions and bacon. Then used as a spread. I remember liking it, it tasted great.

It's too funny, for decades lard was shunned (supposedly unhealthy but really good people could afford butter, lard eaters were poor shit) and just recently I read a study that says lard is healthier than most other kinds of fat, ranks right up there with olive oil.

After all this time we still haven't learned shit about food, and we stuff it in our mouths daily. What's healthy today is crap tomorrow, I remember when all you were supposed to eat was margerine. Then butter was bad, then it was good. Then coffee would kill you, now it's good for you.

Soon the only healthy things will be worms and cow eyes.

People are omnivores, that's all you need to know. if you eat a little of everything, you are doing fine.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
21-08-2012, 05:40 AM
(20-08-2012 05:47 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  

Are you boycotting for ethical reasons or just because they suck?

I've finally reached the point in my old age where I don't like the standard name brand pizzas anymore, ie., Domino's, Papa John's, Pizza Hut.

I'm sure others made that determination long ago. The problem is they're the only companies that deliver where I live. Confused

They have a branch down the road from me. I don't like their pizzas, they taste like chewy cardboard boxes with too much grease. I do sometimes order for my games group though, as they're the only pizza place nearby that delivers. And I once ordered their food and they never delivered, even though I had prepaid with my credit card. I complained, but they never did anything about it. The bastards owe me money Tongue So I'm boycotting them. My army of one shall defeat this evil corporation!

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
[+] 4 users Like Smooshmonster's post
21-08-2012, 05:44 AM
Deep fried morrow bar.
I swear after eating it I had a mild heart attack.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
21-08-2012, 05:51 AM
not going to eat cow brain again

also not going to eat things like pig liver or chicken heart.... I will happily give it to the dog or to the cat but I am not gonna eat it again. My grandmother always made these things and I hated them as a kid but had to eat it... so ... no thanks!

smoosh, i like your attitude Big Grin

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-08-2012, 08:41 AM
(21-08-2012 05:51 AM)Leela Wrote:  not going to eat cow brain again

also not going to eat things like pig liver or chicken heart.... I will happily give it to the dog or to the cat but I am not gonna eat it again. My grandmother always made these things and I hated them as a kid but had to eat it... so ... no thanks!

smoosh, i like your attitude Big Grin

Don't you fear her army of one? I do. Confused

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post