Things I will never eat again

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2012, 09:16 AM
RE: Things I will never eat again
(20-08-2012 05:23 PM)cufflink Wrote:  
(20-08-2012 12:57 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Do drinks count? I'll never drink Kopi luwak coffee again. Not because it wasn't good, but because it is really friggin expensive!

Since you mentioned kopi luwak . . . What was it like? And has anybody else here tried it?

It was like really great coffee. But just really great coffee. Maybe I just don't have the palette, but it didn't blow me away. To be honest, it was a disappointment.

Just visiting.

-SR
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
21-08-2012, 09:25 AM
(21-08-2012 09:16 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(20-08-2012 05:23 PM)cufflink Wrote:  Since you mentioned kopi luwak . . . What was it like? And has anybody else here tried it?

It was like really great coffee. But just really great coffee. Maybe I just don't have the palette, but it didn't blow me away. To be honest, it was a disappointment.

I have tried several of these expensive coffes and have never found one that lives up to the hype. Drinking Beverage

I readliy admit I had unrealistic hopes for the Jamaican Blue, they had nothing to do with coffee, so I have to recuse myself on that one, my internal bias regarding Jamaican "crops" is too great to surmount.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
21-08-2012, 09:31 AM
(21-08-2012 09:25 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(21-08-2012 09:16 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  It was like really great coffee. But just really great coffee. Maybe I just don't have the palette, but it didn't blow me away. To be honest, it was a disappointment.

I have tried several of these expensive coffes and have never found one that lives up to the hype. Drinking Beverage

I readliy admit I had unrealistic hopes for the Jamaican Blue, they had nothing to do with coffee, so I have to recuse myself on that one, my internal bias regarding Jamaican "crops" is too great to surmount.
Yep. Truth is, the small roasting company close to me makes great coffee. I'll just never be able to justify $135 for a half pound of coffee from Sumatra. (my brother bought the coffee, but I was privileged enough to be invited over to try it with him. If you decide to buy this stuff, do your research. He nearly ended up buying "caged kopi". That's from caged civets. Not the real thing. Ours wasn't from wild civets, since that would be more than double the price, but from penned civets.)

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
21-08-2012, 09:39 AM
(21-08-2012 09:31 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(21-08-2012 09:25 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  I have tried several of these expensive coffes and have never found one that lives up to the hype. Drinking Beverage

Yep. Truth is, the small roasting company close to me makes great coffee. I'll just never be able to justify $135 for a half pound of coffee from Sumatra. (my brother bought the coffee, but I was privileged enough to be invited over to try it with him. If you decide to buy this stuff, do your research. He nearly ended up buying "caged kopi". That's from caged civets. Not the real thing. Ours wasn't from wild civets, since that would be more than double the price, but from penned civets.)

We have a little bakery in town and they get their coffee from a small roaster in Portland Me. The stuff is great. I just can't see spending that much on coffee.

A friend that owns a coffee shop has had a few of these sought after coffees and was nice enough to let my wife and I try them. I'm with you in being unable to justify spending that much.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
21-08-2012, 09:43 AM
Mmm....coffee.

You're all a bunch of peasants.

Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
21-08-2012, 11:04 AM
(21-08-2012 09:31 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  It was like really great coffee. But just really great coffee. Maybe I just don't have the palette, but it didn't blow me away. To be honest, it was a disappointment. . . .

Too bad kopi luwak didn't live up to its rep, but thanks for the report. I have now taken it off my bucket list. Wink

Still, if you're going to pay that kind of money for coffee made from beans retrieved from the dung of a small cat-like mammal, it seems to me what you're really paying for is the bragging rights. Big Grin

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 5 users Like cufflink's post
21-08-2012, 03:28 PM
(21-08-2012 08:41 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(21-08-2012 05:51 AM)Leela Wrote:  smoosh, i like your attitude Big Grin

Don't you fear her army of one? I do. Confused

Very much, I fear her!

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Leela's post
06-09-2012, 12:23 AM
(19-08-2012 10:22 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(19-08-2012 10:19 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I love me some bleu cheese dressing on salad and a little bleu cheese with bacon on a burger can be magical. Nom.

So, is blue cheese dressing just like the actual blue cheese? Why not just rub foot all over the lettuce? Consider

(PS, maybe it's time for a dinner-plate emoticon fella)

What, and risk athletes mouth?Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
06-09-2012, 01:18 AM
Something I will never eat again?

Lutefisk:
[Image: 250px-ForkLutefisk.jpg]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutefisk

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
06-09-2012, 09:48 AM
(06-09-2012 01:18 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Something I will never eat again?

Lutefisk:
[Image: 250px-ForkLutefisk.jpg]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutefisk

That does sound pretty rank.

I just remember one of those most nasty things I have created.
Lemon soft drink stuff (not lemonade, it's more lemon flavored soft drink. Cheap shit.) and salted peanuts.
God damn, you have no idea how bad that smelt, it would make you wanna throw up.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]