Things I would like to say but am too damn polite.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
01-12-2016, 12:54 PM
RE: Things I would like to say but am too damn polite.
(30-11-2016 10:20 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  this is cathartic.

You are the worst kind of mean. You PRETEND to be a nice, upstanding 'catholic', but deep down are nasty, angry and hateful. But you know just the right asses to kiss in this town so that you look good. You are totally a Hilly Holbrook. I wish I could serve you shit pie.

You. Are. Awesome.

Now that ShadowProject jogged my memory of who I'd really like to not be polite with, Catholic wise:

You're a Traditionalist, I get that. We disagree on liturgical norms, but unlike you, I can get past that. You like to pretend you're a nice guy, that you're so perfect and holy, but you're a nasty piece of work. I would go so far as to call you an Evil Fuck ™, not a term I'd bandy about willy nilly.

By now, you're sneering, preparing to start copying and pasting Catechism quotes and quotes from various Councils and Saints about all my sins vicarious, and how I'm the evil one, and how I'm full of sin and you're perfection personified. But you know what, I accept that I'm not a good Catholic at times. I lust, I'm impure with myself at times, I'm judgemental (as this post shows), I struggle daily with Doubt, etc. But you? You've caused at least two people to lose their faith, who were not looking to lose it, because they see you and your legalism. They reached out to you for help, and you just hammered them on what you saw as their failings. They see your lack of empathy and compassion for others, instead obsessing over the letter of canon law. They see you talk about how evil Pope Francis is, how the Novus Ordo Mass is evil, how people aren't "real" Catholics if they receive the Eucharist on the hand instead of on their tongue. They see you never issue a single kind statement in any discussion. But while all these things make me angry, that's not what makes me think of you as evil.

What makes me think that is something more human. Did you know your wife and one of my exes are best friends? I know what an abusive asshole you really are. I know who you are in the dark, as it were, when you think no one is able to see. I eagerly await the day you fall afoul Canada's Human Rights Commission in some way due to your faith and related activities, because while no one apparently cares about what you do in your police officer mom's house, mommy wouldn't be able to save you from them.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Shai Hulud's post
01-12-2016, 04:50 PM
Fix your fucking tools before pulling statistics and telling me that my quality is bad. Fuck you very much!

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
01-12-2016, 06:03 PM

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
01-12-2016, 08:10 PM
Don't read too much into what I say. I'm a guy, not a fucking puzzle.
05-12-2016, 12:37 PM
Oh come the Hell on man. We've been over this. I am not changing what I post so that your kids won't be exposed to things you don't believe in (like evolution). If you don't want them seeing stuff contrary to your views, don't let them use your Facebook to play Angry Birds.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
05-12-2016, 01:03 PM
It's strange, I have passive aggressive thoughts all the time but I can't come up with anything.