Things You Hear From Both Sides

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2017, 08:34 AM
Things You Hear From Both Sides
Gosh, I can't be the only one sitting here thinking 'Didn't this happen the same way last time?'.

One such thing was how liberals keep saying that Trump cheated. But, conservatives said that same thing about Hillary getting the vote as the second candidate. And if she had gotten elected, Conservatives would have been marching against her.

That's another thing, marchers. It seems like when I see one for teens and young adults marching against conservatives who want pro-life, conservatives say they are jobless young generation who don't know what the 'real world' is like. However when conservatives march about some one in the white house going 'against the bible' it's all good.

After the election I also saw these sayings going around how the reason Trump one was because republicans got off work. That seems to be the running gag that liberals don't work at all and live off of the parents welfare, when i know a lot of them who work but got a degree to work hard.

So what's one that you all seen or heard that made you think, 'But you did the same thing! What makes yours different then the other?'

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-02-2017, 08:40 AM
RE: Things You Hear From Both Sides
What I care about are the reasons and justifications being used for why people do or say things. Do I expect liberals in the House and Senate to pull some of the same petty stalling tactics that Republicans did for Obama? Yes, and I want them to. Not just because they can and not to get back at Republicans, I want them to do it if and when Trump and the Conservatives go too far. Place a mirror in front of everyone and let them get a good hard look at themselves.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
14-02-2017, 08:48 AM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2017 08:56 AM by ShadowProject.)
Oh, dear. There are so many.

I think both sides are guilty of 'spin' when it comes to supporting their own ideology. And two people can read the exact same report and reach completely different conclusions.

I mean, for crying out loud, there are people who think NPR is liberal and full of lies - but give complete credence to Info Wars.

When I feel like I need a few punches to the head, I read comments on pro-trump articles. There are a few 'voices of reason', but generally, the discourse is truly amazing.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
14-02-2017, 08:58 AM
I've heard some imply that they backed Trump not so much because they agreed with his ideals, but because they wanted to more or less 'get even' for eight years of Obama and how they perceived him as the worst president ever.

They seem to not care about how bad he is, or what damage he does, as long as the liberals hate it.
It's like they're cheering for the 'bad guy' in a wrestling match just to bother the fans of the 'good guy' with no real interest in who actually wins.

I think the wrestling analogy works nicely here. It's what every Trump rally, speech, or press conference reminds me of.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
14-02-2017, 08:59 AM
(14-02-2017 08:58 AM)pablo Wrote:  I've heard some imply that they backed Trump not so much because they agreed with his ideals, but because they wanted to more or less 'get even' for eight years of Obama and how they perceived him as the worst president ever.

They seem to not care about how bad he is, or what damage he does, as long as the liberals hate it.
It's like they're cheering for the 'bad guy' in a wrestling match just to bother the fans of the 'good guy' with no real interest in who actually wins.

I think the wrestling analogy works nicely here. It's what every Trump rally, speech, or press conference reminds me of.

It is an apt analogy for more than one reason
[Image: 20090622_trump_sells_raw.jpg]

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
14-02-2017, 09:02 AM
(14-02-2017 08:59 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(14-02-2017 08:58 AM)pablo Wrote:  I've heard some imply that they backed Trump not so much because they agreed with his ideals, but because they wanted to more or less 'get even' for eight years of Obama and how they perceived him as the worst president ever.

It is an apt analogy for more than one reason

I forgot he did that stuff.
This is what we're reduced to, a Pro-Wrestling President. Facepalm
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
14-02-2017, 09:03 AM
(14-02-2017 08:48 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  ... there are people who think NPR is liberal and full of lies - but give complete credence to Info Wars.

I see this all the time.

People - usually, though not exclusively - on the right and far-right decry the mainstream media for "fake news" but when it comes to their own sources (Fox, Brietbart, Daily Caller, Infowars etc etc) they swallow that stuff without giving it a second thought because it's in line with their own bizarre biases.

There's one poster on this site that does this repeatedly: anything even remotely critical of Trump, his minions and his Russian overlords is automatically written off as "fake news" even if the news is corroborated, factual and accurate.
[+] 4 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
14-02-2017, 09:05 AM
(14-02-2017 09:02 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(14-02-2017 08:59 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  It is an apt analogy for more than one reason

I forgot he did that stuff.
This is what we're reduced to, a Pro-Wrestling President. Facepalm

Yep...that is the world we live in now. A fake-wrestling president who supports fake news. Weeping

-Rick
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
14-02-2017, 09:27 AM
I've heard "moo" and "buk-buggok" from both sides of the barn.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
14-02-2017, 09:59 AM
If people would look at the big picture, the Republicans have been pulled so far to the right by Christian Fundamentalists while much of the country is center or slightly left of center, so it's a very polarized world we live in. There's a problem when Ronald Reagan would be too liberal for the Republicans to support today. Something's undoubtedly wrong here.

I posted this quote many, many times and I'm going to do it again because it explains a lot about US politics today. This is a quote from the ultra conservative, Barry Goldwater in 1994 just as the religious right was beginning to infiltrate the Republican party....and I gotta tell you, last November I'd have voted for Barry Goldwater in a heartbeat over Trump and I'm a lifelong Democrat for christs sake.

"Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.”

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post