Things at the new job- something like that

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-05-2016, 06:24 PM
Things at the new job- something like that
Well I am currently in training with my new job. They sent me out of town to somewhere Alabama to be trained. I've come to learn that the people I'm working with, there's only three, are extra Christian. The manager of the office is really into being with the church, he just got back from a mission in Africa. The lady training me mentions the ways of God daily. Like today we were talking about how if you misplace money and you know who you gave it to, to try and contact them. She said it happened to her once and the guy lied. She said God works in mysterious ways.. Shortly after she learned that the guys life fell apart completely. Lost his job and everything.. Never thinking that he's just a real life crook but that God punished him. Over all they are really cool. Talk of prank wars and whatnot.
Today the topic of my anxiety just happened to come up, I can't remember how but she asked me if it was bible related. I took her yes. That it caused me to have nightmares and to leave church.. That I just left it alone. I didn't mention the dropping of religion but her response was very pleasant. She didn't offer to pray. She just told me how sorry she was and "poor dear"
She was legit concerned about my troubles. It was nice.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Jewelarcher's post
24-05-2016, 10:11 AM
RE: Things at the new job- something like that
(17-05-2016 06:24 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  Well I am currently in training with my new job. They sent me out of town to somewhere Alabama to be trained. I've come to learn that the people I'm working with, there's only three, are extra Christian. The manager of the office is really into being with the church, he just got back from a mission in Africa. The lady training me mentions the ways of God daily. Like today we were talking about how if you misplace money and you know who you gave it to, to try and contact them. She said it happened to her once and the guy lied. She said God works in mysterious ways.. Shortly after she learned that the guys life fell apart completely. Lost his job and everything.. Never thinking that he's just a real life crook but that God punished him. Over all they are really cool. Talk of prank wars and whatnot.
Today the topic of my anxiety just happened to come up, I can't remember how but she asked me if it was bible related. I took her yes. That it caused me to have nightmares and to leave church.. That I just left it alone. I didn't mention the dropping of religion but her response was very pleasant. She didn't offer to pray. She just told me how sorry she was and "poor dear"

I wonder what your fear could be. I consider the bible to be the kind of fiction that could not plausibly happen in real life, with the exception of whatever is in it that humans are capable of doing. The kind of fiction that scares the shit out of me is the type that can happen. Movies like "Cabin Fever" make my skin crawl.Gasp
27-05-2016, 08:19 PM
(24-05-2016 10:11 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(17-05-2016 06:24 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  Well I am currently in training with my new job. They sent me out of town to somewhere Alabama to be trained. I've come to learn that the people I'm working with, there's only three, are extra Christian. The manager of the office is really into being with the church, he just got back from a mission in Africa. The lady training me mentions the ways of God daily. Like today we were talking about how if you misplace money and you know who you gave it to, to try and contact them. She said it happened to her once and the guy lied. She said God works in mysterious ways.. Shortly after she learned that the guys life fell apart completely. Lost his job and everything.. Never thinking that he's just a real life crook but that God punished him. Over all they are really cool. Talk of prank wars and whatnot.

I wonder what your fear could be. I consider the bible to be the kind of fiction that could not plausibly happen in real life, with the exception of whatever is in it that humans are capable of doing. The kind of fiction that scares the shit out of me is the type that can happen. Movies like "Cabin Fever" make my skin crawl.Gasp

My fear is the return of Jesus. Basically the whole ending. Not so much now.. It's gotten better.. But I was taught that it would happen on a normal day.. While everyone is at work. So I was terrified that it would happen when I'm alone. Or I would be scared that it would happen while I was with my family and they would be left to deal with the horrible events. To me it was all real because I soaked up religion like a sponge.
I remember once being at my moms and a trumpet went off in a movie. I nearly passed out, I couldn't catch my breath. Trains would trigger it too.. Alarms going off in songs. Anything like that and I thought the world was ending.
27-05-2016, 08:48 PM
When I was a kid, reading Revelation scared the shit outta me.
28-05-2016, 05:53 AM
(27-05-2016 08:19 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  
(24-05-2016 10:11 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I wonder what your fear could be. I consider the bible to be the kind of fiction that could not plausibly happen in real life, with the exception of whatever is in it that humans are capable of doing. The kind of fiction that scares the shit out of me is the type that can happen. Movies like "Cabin Fever" make my skin crawl.Gasp

My fear is the return of Jesus. Basically the whole ending. Not so much now.. It's gotten better.. But I was taught that it would happen on a normal day.. While everyone is at work. So I was terrified that it would happen when I'm alone. Or I would be scared that it would happen while I was with my family and they would be left to deal with the horrible events. To me it was all real because I soaked up religion like a sponge.
I remember once being at my moms and a trumpet went off in a movie. I nearly passed out, I couldn't catch my breath. Trains would trigger it too.. Alarms going off in songs. Anything like that and I thought the world was ending.

Even if he does exist, let him come back. Us modern humans will introduce him to nuclear weapons and not in the fun way.Drinking Beverage
28-05-2016, 06:23 AM
(27-05-2016 08:48 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  When I was a kid, reading Revelation scared the shit outta me.

I never really read it. Preachers told me to stay away from it. But I always heard it in "big" church. When I skipped children's church
28-05-2016, 07:17 AM
(27-05-2016 08:48 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  When I was a kid, reading Revelation scared the shit outta me.

Sounds like my childhood as well.

☆☆☆