Things, bilingual people do

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2016, 05:23 PM
Things, bilingual people do
I just stumbled across this video on youtube and found it really fun.

Things that bilingual people do > all the time. I was nodding so much all the time that I think my head is now lose Big Grin

I would add a thing to the list:

When people around you speak a language and don't know you speak the language too, act like you don't know the language. Probably an introvert thing, when you don't like them, to make sure there is one less thing they wanna talk to you about. Though I only do this when I really want to communicate with those people as little as possible. Mostly happens at work.

You got anything to add to the list?

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2016, 05:29 PM
RE: Things, bilingual people do
When I do reveal my knowledge of Spanish, it is often with an obscure joke. This really throws people off.
22-06-2016, 05:41 PM
I am as white as one can get, but speak Spanish and basically always have. One day I was lying on the beach in Miami Beach when two young Cuban girls maybe 14 or 15 years old walked by in their tiny bikinis. I have more hair than any other man I have ever seen, chest and back both, not on my head though. The one girl turned to the other and said In Spanish "What have we here a bear?" The other said "I think it s a wolf." and they giggled and strutted on down the beach, so I threw back my head and did my very best wolf howl. They walked on down the beach another mile or so before dropping their towels.

Another time on a construction site an American was asking how to say the chicken was greasy, So I told him how to say it was graceful. The two words are quite close to each other in Spanish. We all got a laugh out of that!
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
22-06-2016, 06:15 PM
One of my friends told me this story. Two women of Hispanic descent are shopping at a supermarket in America, chatting away in Spanish. The box boy is of Mexican descent, but has green eyes and blond hair, and pale skin; obviously a lot of Spanish continental heritage. They're joking around about taking this "handsome little devil home and having a good time". About that time there are enough goods on the output side of the conveyor that he has to ask, "Papel o Plastico? in order to bag their groceries. They just kind of gasped and said "Plastico". Laugh out load