Things friends/family say that makes you want to slap them

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-01-2014, 03:57 PM
RE: Things friends/family say that makes you want to slap them
"Bob, I need to borrow some money."

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
20-01-2014, 04:33 PM
"Do that thing you were already in the process of doing."
20-01-2014, 11:28 PM
This is why I avoid Facebook like the Black Plague.

[Image: e3de6d01672c80eb911687827a3fd98a9aa08387...3e29e0.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
21-01-2014, 12:00 AM
My Aunt Lisa today, "gotta hurry up and finish painting are porch before it snows again".

Ugh

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
21-01-2014, 02:04 AM
They post pictures of delicious cake.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
21-01-2014, 03:28 AM
I haven't been in church in 4 years. None of them know that Ive been enlightened. My close knit, deeply religious family feels the need to tell me they are praying for me every time I see them, anywhere. Do Christians realize how pious and non Christian that makes them sound? As in, "I'm praying for you because I'm perfect and I see that you aren't".
They think I'm "angry at god" because of a crisis I went through a few years back. So now they all inject god into every facet of every conversation.
They don't do this with anyone else.
21-01-2014, 11:42 AM
The "I'll pray for you" thing is always annoying.

The thing that really makes me want to slap people is when they "praise god" for healing them (after a 6 month stay in the hospital and rounds of chemo, etc), or for sparing them (while 7 out of 10 of their neighbors lie dead from some natural disaster).

My sister lives in an area that recently had some bad flooding. Afterwards, she was praising god up and down for not flooding her house while her neighbors all did. Yeah, I'm sure it was god's divine intervention and not the fact that my BiL, his father, and their landlord spent hours of time and craptons of money installing better drainage and weather sealing.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
21-01-2014, 11:46 AM
(21-01-2014 11:42 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  The "I'll pray for you" thing is always annoying.

The thing that really makes me want to slap people is when they "praise god" for healing them (after a 6 month stay in the hospital and rounds of chemo, etc), or for sparing them (while 7 out of 10 of their neighbors lie dead from some natural disaster).

My sister lives in an area that recently had some bad flooding. Afterwards, she was praising god up and down for not flooding her house while her neighbors all did. Yeah, I'm sure it was god's divine intervention and not the fact that my BiL, his father, and their landlord spent hours of time and craptons of money installing better drainage and weather sealing.

No love, it was god. He always saves the ones who pray hardest. Ask those kids in Africa who aren't hungry anymore.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
21-01-2014, 11:49 AM
(21-01-2014 11:42 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  The "I'll pray for you" thing is always annoying.

I always respond with, "Thanks, I'll write a letter to Santa for you."

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
21-01-2014, 11:51 AM
Lol I may try that someday.