Things friends/family say that makes you want to slap them

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2014, 04:21 PM
RE: Things friends/family say that makes you want to slap them
Yea, the rest of us are taking the "we fucking hate him but my aunt likes him so we'll keep our mouths shut for her sake" stance on the 'situation'.

I'm not holding my tongue though if he says something fucking stupid. Christmas is over.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
21-01-2014, 07:15 PM
"Asking for prayers. My [name of relative] just had a [medical condition]."

Rinse, repeat.

Over and over and over and over.........

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
21-01-2014, 07:44 PM
(19-01-2014 10:06 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Hopefully I am not repeating a thread that already exists. My friends and family say things (mostly on Facebook) and I can't tell them how stupid they are because that would be mean, but I can tell you guys how stupid they are.
I would say at least 80% of the people I know cannot spell tomorrow. If I see tomarrow one more time I am going to scream. So here's what my friend Ken said today. He should be slapped.

"Really are u kidden me, that woodnt be free now wood it lmfao"

Really Ken really?

Feel free to share your friends' stupidity here too lol.

Oh the things I could mention here.

My father has said on multiple occasions that "life was better before X" and by X it depends on what he is talking about and it has ranged from computers to plain stating that life was better prior to the industrial revolution.
Any time he says something like that I feel a powerful urge to shout 'AUGH!!!' like Charlie Brown and fall down. I actually got in an argument with him on this in front of the rest of the family and he shouted "Why do you always have to be so logical all the time!!?"

My brother has said on multiple occasions things like "If science is so good, why hasn't it cured cancer yet?!" or "... why can't you bring dead people back to life!?" and "Wouldn't it be better if scientists actually did something with all the money the government gives them instead of making cosmetics?"
On those occasions I have really wanted to crack his head with a textbook. Strictly speaking, he went to the 'best' school out of the three of us, fool should know better, however he has also said "Why should anybody learn about science if they are never going to use it?" and "Why do scientists spend time on (e.g. the age of Earth, sending probes out to space) when they could be learning something helpful?" so it's pretty clear that he intends to remain completely ignorant of the rest of the universe around him so long as he doesn't need to learn, something that he again has himself said.

Why am I the only person in my entire family with an appreciation for the sciences and the necessity of technological evolution...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
21-01-2014, 08:28 PM
My 26 year old cousin said God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve on Facebook today. Twenty-six years old. Twenty-six....I give up on her. She will obviously never reach beyond 11 year old maturity.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
21-01-2014, 09:41 PM
(21-01-2014 08:28 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  My 26 year old cousin said God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve on Facebook today. Twenty-six years old. Twenty-six....I give up on her. She will obviously never reach beyond 11 year old maturity.

If your world-view can be surmised by a bumper sticker slogan, you need to think more about your world view.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
21-01-2014, 09:51 PM
Over at theologyonline.com a lot of people have slogans/mottos.
21-01-2014, 09:57 PM
(21-01-2014 04:03 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(21-01-2014 04:01 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, How was the play?

Seriously though. Fuck that guy. I don't know that I'd be able to prevent myself from punching him in the throat. The moment he laughed about killing someone's beloved pet, he'd have been gasping for breath from a collapsed trachea.

You haven't seen him though, the guy's practically a professional wrestler, hence why he's still up and walking around. Tongue

OH and get this, the cunt's a nurse.

You know, I hate the word cunt. But when Muffs says it...

Ah, when Muffs says it, it just feels right. Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
21-01-2014, 10:10 PM
(21-01-2014 09:41 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(21-01-2014 08:28 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  My 26 year old cousin said God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve on Facebook today. Twenty-six years old. Twenty-six....I give up on her. She will obviously never reach beyond 11 year old maturity.

If your world-view can be surmised by a bumper sticker slogan, you need to think more about your world view.

(21-01-2014 09:51 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  Over at theologyonline.com a lot of people have slogans/mottos.

Case in point... Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
22-01-2014, 02:49 AM
(21-01-2014 07:15 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  "Asking for prayers. My [name of relative] just had a [medical condition]."

Rinse, repeat.

Over and over and over and over.........

I'm especially annoyed by things like "pray for me, my fingers hurts". Who the hell cares?
22-01-2014, 02:51 AM
I was an idiot and allowed a chick from high school to add me on facebook. Her posts consisted of daily rants about how children need to be slapped more often and that everyone needs to say the pledge of allegiance. I removed her.
[+] 2 users Like Dena's post