Things in movies that bother me.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2015, 09:54 PM
RE: Things in movies that bother me.
The bottomless tanks of gas get me. Any vehicle appropriated for escape or chase or whatever always has not just a full tank but gets 1000 MPG - and at top horsepower.

Then there's the everybody is an expert stunt driver maxim. Watch the front tires of every high speed escapade and they're always perfectly turned into skids. And other fantastic maneuvers are performed flawlessly without practice or prep.

I can forgive a lot in a movie for the sake of story, but not when it's the millionth repetition of these worn out cliches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2015, 10:39 PM
(06-06-2015 06:51 PM)Dex Wrote:  2. Related to number 1: good guys living/winning just because the bad guy decided to monologue.
A.K.A. the James Bond syndrome.

If I could draw worth a dam I'd draw a cartoon of a James Bond type tied down with the laser beam coming up between his legs, a buzz saw approaching from the other direction, a swinging pendulum threatening to cut him in half, etc. while the bad guy with a monocle smokes his cigarette in a holder. The caption: "Wait. Wait. Don't you want to tell me all about your ingenious plan to take over the world?"

Sapere aude
09-08-2015, 12:26 PM
(09-06-2015 09:13 AM)H4ym4n Wrote:  The morning kiss. Yuk!

Mmmm, s$&# breath! Tongue

I have a long list of things that irritate me, but I'll keep it short:

1. The Disney Death. At this point, I feel this trope has been done to well...death. Yet like the characters in these types of scenarios, it always manages to miraculously resurrect itself, making any impact the death might have had completely pointless. And it's SO predictable.

2. Any problem that would have been resolved in 10 minutes if the characters just talked to each other. Like that whole premise so prevalent in romantic comedies, where the woman and the guy have a misunderstanding.

They spend a couple scenes sulking, even though the partner being blamed did nothing wrong. If the other person just let their partner explain themselves, there would never have been a conflict in the first place and I wouldn't have to sit through 15 minutes of melodramatic bulls$#*.

[Image: spore_creature___placerias_png_by_tote_m...7onlgm.png]" Placerias tastes amazing. " --- Me
[+] 1 user Likes IntrovertedPostosuchus's post
09-08-2015, 01:59 PM
Things like this that make me go, "Oh goddammit...":

My blog
[Image: communion_zpslrzvgcuh.jpg]
09-08-2015, 03:54 PM
I'm with you, Post! I actually enjoy a good romantic movie, but the tired old trope of "if they would only talk to one another, the whole confusion would vanish instantly" is beyond played-out.

On a related note, it gets my goat when they either 1) are the last people on earth who don't have cellphones, or 2) suddenly lose signal at a critical moment--often for several minutes, and in places they should have maximum signal--to advance the plot.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post