Things in movies that bother me.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2015, 11:12 PM
RE: Things in movies that bother me.
When I'm watching a movie and someone insists on repeatedly saying in a stupid sarcastic voice.
"Yea, that's so fake, that could never happen!"
This comes very close to a throat-punching situation for me.
Facepalm
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2015, 03:06 AM
I hate bad strategy in movies. It's like there's not a single competent guy who can say "OK, we shot the short term bad guy, while we regroup, let's post a guard, let's make sure that fucker's really dead," you know, the stuff that any logical human who'd just shot a frikken zombie would think of.

A thing that really bothers me though, is when movies have some kinda subliminal message... stuff like... when the Iraq war started there were some movies that came out centred around violence and revenge and stuff - I saw a time magazine article about it actually... I mean, maybe no causal link but to me it was a bit... I dunno... like... it felt like a subtle attempt to implant a sort of more martial mindset into people...

If I was a politician, seeing how many people look at movies and relate to them, I know I would not ignore them as a way of sending messages about what was good or bad to a large chunk of the population.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
07-06-2015, 05:18 AM
The stuff trending right now that... well... I guess sometimes I enjoy and sometimes I hate:

1. Lisa Gerard vocals. It's always Lisa Gerard but I think she may have this patented. The whole middle eastern sounding voice used especially in emotional moments in epic movies. Example: "Gladiator" (which was Lisa Gerard), or "The Passion of the Christ" (which wasn't, but still, you get the picture)

2. This fucking thing: click the button

3. RomCom/RomDram formula They follow the same formula. Always... ALWAYS! Boy meets girl (or other way around, trying to mix it up... trying). Either boy or girl (sometimes both like "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days") has a secret that could devestate their relationship. Said secret comes out in the climax and guess what it does devestate the relationship. But... only for a short time, and they get back together and it's GLORIOUS! Music, and the kissing-and-the-hugging-and-the-kissing-and-the-hugging, mmmmm!

My blog
[Image: communion_zpslrzvgcuh.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes WalkingSnake's post
07-06-2015, 05:28 AM
(07-06-2015 05:18 AM)WalkingSnake Wrote:  3. RomCom/RomDram formula They follow the same formula. Always... ALWAYS! Boy meets girl (or other way around, trying to mix it up... trying). Either boy or girl (sometimes both like "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days") has a secret that could devestate their relationship. Said secret comes out in the climax and guess what it does devestate the relationship. But... only for a short time, and they get back together and it's GLORIOUS! Music, and the kissing-and-the-hugging-and-the-kissing-and-the-hugging, mmmmm!

Unless it's a Korean movie, in which case everyone just dies at the end.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
07-06-2015, 01:29 PM
Things in movies that bother me.
I hate it when people with guns go in a shooting situation and have to either chamber a round or cock the hammer. How stupid can they be?

I hate even worse than that when they chamber a round or cock the hammer multiple times. Did the round in the chamber magically disappear or the hammer just de cocked itself?
[+] 2 users Like KUSA's post
07-06-2015, 02:46 PM
The one that always makes me laugh is when an "angel" or some other winged critter shows up with a 10 foot wingspan or so -- and picks up 350 lbs or more of passenger.....

I don't care if you shove a 500 hp Lycoming engine up that Pegus's ass --- you're NOT going to go flying on it.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
07-06-2015, 02:47 PM
(07-06-2015 01:29 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I hate it when people with guns go in a shooting situation and have to either chamber a round or cock the hammer. How stupid can they be?

I hate even worse than that when they chamber a round or cock the hammer multiple times. Did the round in the chamber magically disappear or the hammer just de cocked itself?

I count shots.. You'd be amazed how many 15 shot revolvers there are in Hollywood...

And Glocks apparently breed bullets in the magazine - as they NEVER seem to run out...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
07-06-2015, 03:11 PM
@OP I think outloud all the time. Seriously going through the process of speaking helps me.

What I hate in movies (not super hero type movies) are stupid fight scenes, when someone has the crap beaten out of them and has absolutely no bruises at all or shows any sign of injury.

Someone cracks a crowbar across your face dude...it's going to leave a fucking mark.

Car chase scenes bug me too -- all that crashing into shit...also the locations I remember watching Bullet or Dirty Harry end thinking how the fuck did they go from being in downtown San Francisco to outside the City? Or across bay Facepalm

Gun scenes also become annoying.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

07-06-2015, 03:48 PM
(06-06-2015 07:52 PM)Anjele Wrote:  What does bother me is poorly placed music in a movie. There is a move from about 30 years ago named Ladyhawk. I actually like the story it's mystical and set in the middle ages - the soundtrack is very 80s. It confuses my mind.

That so reminds me of Northmen: A Viking Saga!
The movie sucks so don't waste your time, but I could get around the awefulness right up until this monk started kicken ass with his staff... to some heavy metal guitar solo! Undecided Out of nowhere too! Not a single bit of musical instrument more advanced than a shawm. Then suddenly electric guitar to the max! Undecided I quit watching!

07-06-2015, 04:41 PM
The Scooby-Doo way of running away from an object; running directly ahead instead of strafing to the either side... Hello Prometheus, I remember that scene you fucking pile of crap.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 3 users Like ELK12695's post