Things in movies that bother me.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2015, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2015 04:55 PM by cactus.)
RE: Things in movies that bother me.
(06-06-2015 06:04 PM)TheStraightener Wrote:  2. Thinking out loud
You know the ones... Usually a detective alone in his office going over some evidence and he is speaking aloud what he is thinking. I know its a device to let us know what he is thinking/planning. But when does this ever happen in reality?

Umm, I do that all the time, actually. lol
It helps me to formulate my thoughts in a way that will make it easier for me to pull those thoughts back out in conversation later so I'll be able to speak fluidly about the topic. It sounds kind of sad, but I'm so horrible at thinking on my feet, it really does help for me to practice these sorts of things. Sometimes I'll even try to think of possible responses that other people might have, and I'll respond out loud to those.
I'm not talking "to" myself, I'm merely practicing my speaking skills, because Jeebus knows I need it. Wink
I never do it when other people are around, though, because that would just be creepy Laugh out load

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
07-06-2015, 04:48 PM
Expostionary Dialog that is entirely unnatural and forced.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
07-06-2015, 05:43 PM
The handheld gatling gun. Not even the Terminator could have pulled that one off.

'Murican Canadian
07-06-2015, 06:46 PM
Too many horror movies where I guess the next scene or line word-for-word. I haven't been startled in years.

Like many, gun battles.

After interviewing a local gun shop owner, now it bothers me to see movie law enforcement enter a situation with their weapon drawn, holding it up to their faces. Like this guy said, it's just for the sake of showing the gun and the face at the same time.

Stupid false science or urban legend claims. Still debating on seeing "Lucy," but that claim of "10% of the brain" irks me.

Movies/TV and fans: "It's not exactly like the book!" Yeah, because it's not. Go read or shut up.

Obvious bad accents. I've lived in the South long enough to get irritated by the fake accents. Or when I hear accents I know, but they're wrong. I had a friend from Leicester (UK), so when I heard a character that was claimed to be from there, it was off. Like way off. Or people assuming everyone in Canada has the same accent.
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
07-06-2015, 06:52 PM
Keanu Reeves (except maybe the original Bill & Ted)
Kirk Cameron

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
07-06-2015, 06:56 PM
Languages in general tend to get butchered when they figure not enough people understand for it to matter.

'Murican Canadian
I love movies that I have to go back and watch two or three times to pick up on sub plots and character development. If I want a good laugh I can watch comedy central. I like my movies dark and with twists.

**Crickets** -- God
(07-06-2015 04:41 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  The Scooby-Doo way of running away from an object; running directly ahead instead of strafing to the either side... Hello Prometheus, I remember that scene you fucking pile of crap.

[Image: 2c99f4c9ed8f1425e09ca29f8c9bd37f8976a877...1d1577.jpg]

Seriously!!! That one pisses me off so much every time! JUST DIVE TO THE LEFT OR THE RIGHT!! Hobo Facepalm

Mine- where at the end of the movie the main character is "dead" everyone is crying and having a huge emotional tear jerker moment- while I'm sitting there pissed off and shouting at the screen "they're not dead!!!" Sure enough at the last second they defy all logic and magically come coughing back to life. I just hate it.
[+] 4 users Like Smercury44's post
(07-06-2015 06:46 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Movies/TV and fans: "It's not exactly like the book!" Yeah, because it's not. Go read or shut up.

Some things need to be altered for time and the different format and that's understandable. Sometimes though it seems like they just used the character names and did a completely different story. If they want to write something new then fucking write something new and don't say you are making a movie based on the book. I'm watching the movie because I liked the book and it's been screwed it into an unrecognizable mess.

</rant>

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
07-06-2015, 07:05 PM
Also, I truly loath horror movies that petty much only use loud noises and quick movements to scare you.

1. It just seems lazy. I want a horror movie that will get in my head and scare me.

2. I absolutely hate being startled. my husband used to love hiding somewhere than popping out to scare me. It only made me mad. I am not the kind of person who will laugh about it later. I freely admit I'm a spoil sport in that regard for some reason.

Either make a movie that will scare me with suspense and the dark possibilities of human nature, or don't bother, I say.
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post