Things in movies that bother me.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2015, 06:36 AM
RE: Things in movies that bother me.
(06-06-2015 07:40 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Also medical flaws that seem to be in, like, every other movie. Babies being delivered in just over 17 seconds... and coming out clean. Defibrillators being used to bring people back from the dead (restarting a flat line). No, they just don't work like that.

So much this. If you've got a $20 million budget, hire an advisor to make sure you get the medical terms/procedures/roles correct.

And oh my god, Grey's Anatomy? The whole fucking show is medical - get it fucking right! SCRUBS is an absolute atrocity, even if it is funny. HOUSE can't get lab results back that quickly - just because you hear hooves you don't automatically assume it's Zebra, it's typically a damn horse. I can't hardly watch medical shoes anymore, and definitely can't with other people without pissing everyone off.

From technique to equipment to appropriate drug choice, dose, and administration. We don't mainline drugs - we use IVs - seeing a needle and syringe used to directly inject meds into the EJ or AC drives me fucking bonkers. Put the nasal cannula in the nose correctly.

The defibrillator really gets me - you don't shock asystole - unless you're trying to make sure the person stays fucking dead. Some of the rhythms you have to synchronize, VT can be with or without a pulse. Now, I have had some patients come back almost immediately after initiating CPR, but it's only when they code *in* the hospital - recovery from a downtime of 20+ minutes because you're coming from the field is touuggghhhh.

Having doctors do nurses' work on the shows and making the nurses look stupid/flighty/slutty. Uh no. The docs spend a large amount of time *writing* orders, not carrying them out. Also, when I'm at work there's no time to be fucking in the storeroom, nor is there a place to fuck - here's looking at you Nurse Jackie. And not all nurses are "old and fat" - the vast majority of my unit's nurses are absurdly attractive.

When the final movie for the Divergent trilogy is released, I'm going to be pissed at it's ending unless it's different than the book. Not cool. Not cool at all.

I've dealt with enough tragedies in real life that I don't need to watch one. If it looks like a girly movie, it better have a happy ending with upbeat peppy music when I walk out of the theatre.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post
08-06-2015, 08:06 AM
(08-06-2015 06:36 AM)Nurse Wrote:  If it looks like a girly movie, it better have a happy ending with upbeat peppy music when I walk out of the theatre.

if it's you, I think it will, even if it's not in the movie Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
08-06-2015, 08:44 AM
Highly intelligent or genius characters that seem oblivious to the obvious, or use ill logic to suit the plot.

If the movie is supposed to be within the realm of possibility but relies on an impossibility that is critical to the plot. (The Dark Knight Rises used a physically impossible fusion bomb as the main threat)

Changing the original storyline to pander to the masses. (Contact originally had a full crew travel through the wormhole to verify the events, and the religious character was significantly crazier and much less charismatic than McConaughey.)
[+] 2 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
08-06-2015, 08:58 AM
In the movies:

1. Every bag of groceries contains one apple and one loaf of French bread.
2. Any group of terrorists/bank robbers of European descent will prefer to speak English to one another.
3. Every bedroom window in Paris faces the Eiffel Tower.
[+] 6 users Like Mr. Boston's post
08-06-2015, 07:34 PM
Every cop film has a cop character named Kowalski, and he's always a fuckin douche.

My blog
[Image: communion_zpslrzvgcuh.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like WalkingSnake's post
08-06-2015, 07:37 PM
If memory serves....Undecided

I have never had hot, steamy sex and ended up with perfect hair and makeup. Not once. In movies that seems to be a common event.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
08-06-2015, 07:38 PM
The 10 second orgasm. They make it look so easy. Or maybe I really do just suck at sex, given my limited experience.

'Murican Canadian
09-06-2015, 09:10 AM
I hate the snapping thread as the hero hangs from rope. One by one the threads snap until the last thread.

If that last thread can support the weight then why couldn't the other threads?Hobo

And the chambering of a round as you run to a gun fight. Who carries an unchambered gun?
09-06-2015, 09:13 AM
The morning kiss. Yuk!
[+] 3 users Like H4ym4n's post
09-06-2015, 09:38 AM
(07-06-2015 07:12 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Cars crashes that send the vehicle twenty feet up into the air, wtf. And the car they hit doesn’t budge.

Almost any underwater scene (The Deep is an exception): the fish are wrong, the conditions are wrong, the terminology is wrong... Weeping

The Deep was a cool movie. Smile

That's a huge one here....my husband hates it when I watch Greys Anatomy because they get so much shit totally wrong it's not funny. House too or any other medical drama -- they almost always hang X-rays backward -- not that many moderate end hospitals use X-ray film anymore -- or show doctors doing X-rays or especially CT or MRI (which is actually illegal -- even for a radiologist).

Then again, I was the same with courtroom dramas.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post