Things in movies that bother me.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2015, 11:58 AM
RE: Things in movies that bother me.
(07-06-2015 02:46 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The one that always makes me laugh is when an "angel" or some other winged critter shows up with a 10 foot wingspan or so -- and picks up 350 lbs or more of passenger.....

I don't care if you shove a 500 hp Lycoming engine up that Pegus's ass --- you're NOT going to go flying on it.....

"It's a question of weight ratios. A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut." -- Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Sapere aude
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like f stop's post
10-06-2015, 04:35 PM
Oh sex scenes lol.

Tell me why the hell, after they just get done having steamy sex (they even show stuff), does the girl cover breasts with a sheet. They're still alone!

And for the lower rated films, yeah, I get it. Pg-13. But if you have to have a sheet between the two lovers doing it, then just don't show the love scene.

My blog
[Image: communion_zpslrzvgcuh.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like WalkingSnake's post
10-06-2015, 04:53 PM
(10-06-2015 04:35 PM)WalkingSnake Wrote:  Oh sex scenes lol.

Tell me why the hell, after they just get done having steamy sex (they even show stuff), does the girl cover breasts with a sheet. They're still alone!

And for the lower rated films, yeah, I get it. Pg-13. But if you have to have a sheet between the two lovers doing it, then just don't show the love scene.

With the sheet over the breasts thing - right??? Oh, and same said women needs to get out of bed to go do something, and the entire sheet is magically already wrapped around her perfectly when she stands up. In what world does that happen?
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
10-06-2015, 05:41 PM
Half the time they leave the bra on. Then the next morning when they wake up their makeup is still good. Not even the shower seems to be able to give it so much as a smudge.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
10-06-2015, 05:51 PM
Things in movies that bother me.
And the guys who just had sex and are completely nude... except for the watch.
10-06-2015, 10:46 PM
(10-06-2015 05:51 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  And the guys who just had sex and are completely nude... except for the watch.

Watch is important. Gotta keep the pace Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
10-06-2015, 10:55 PM
Have improbable aiming skills been brought up yet?
I don't give a shit how badass the protagonist is: no way he's hitting every one of those goons without breaking a sweat like they always do. Also, I don't care how bumbling they are, there is no way anybody would ever hire goons who can't hit the broad side of a barn from a meter away with their stand-issue Goon SMG. Those fuckers are killing the protagonist in an unceremonious hail of lead, fuck you.

More for villainy:
I think every single writer who makes a villain should be forced to memorise the Evil Overlord's List before they are allowed to proceed with their villain-writing so that bad guys stop being raging incompetent morons!
I don't give a shit how you rationalise it; that powerful evil mastermind with enough smarts and resources to build a big-ass lair and threaten the world WILL shoot Bond in the head once he is captured, no explaining, no elaborate death traps, no bullshit!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 4 users Like Free Thought's post
11-06-2015, 01:31 AM
Corny "tough guy" or attempt to sound "badass" dialogue.

Attempting to be hip or cool. The "gangsta" talking transformers in Transformers 2. Fuck you Michael Bay!
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
11-06-2015, 01:39 AM
(11-06-2015 01:31 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Fuck you Michael Bay!

In the same vein, gratuitous explosions and/or action which is impossible to properly focus on.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
11-06-2015, 08:07 AM
Re: Things in movies that bother me.
I can't stand noisy kissing scenes. As in, they are grasping each other's faces and making sloppy smacking noises. It sounds like a dog slobbing on his nuts.